This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pleco

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the breakdown. I am instate but i can commute from home from Temple about 40 minutes drive. Pitts much further will have to dorm there. I am financially completely on my own, parents would not be able to contribute much.

I want to know if there is a difference in getting a job afterwards. If Pittsburgh is more widely known than Temple, although i intend to live around Philadelphia after graduating. If the dorming and food cost outweigh going to Pittsburgh rather than commuting to Temple.

If Pittsburgh academic program is better, has pass/fail (but i cannot find that it does but if you know differently let me know)

I want to be a general dentist- not thinking of specializing.

Thank you very much for your time. I appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Both great schools! I interviewed/was accepted at both and personally liked Pitt way better. In my opinion, Pitt has a better reputation, way nicer facilities, and has more down to earth people. Also, Pitt isn't P/F. However, Temple has an amazing clinical program for going into general. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users