plz help me

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sairadentistry

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I need to know that some universities require official transcripts directly from the university/college from where we have completed our B.D.S degree. So this includes the transcript including the attempts certificate given by the Dental College after finishing final year B.D.S but doesnot include the B.D.S degree given by the university.It also does not include the educational documents prior to getting admission in the Dental college. Am I right? Secondly, I need to know what is the difference between official, original and certified documents? Please answer these question. I shall appreciate this. Thanks alot.:)

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Saira,
When they ask for an official document means that you can not just send a copy. The copy has to be notarized or signed and send directly by the dean of your univ. About original, this is the document you received from your univ.(or from Health Ministery or government) when you graduated. It is printed usually on special paper and looks very fancy. The original is only one. When they say certified usually they talk about translated documents. That means you can not translate them by yourself or have a friend doing it, but it has to be done by a certain translator and notarized afterwards. If I am not wrong your documents should be already in English so you shouldn't bother about it. I am sorry I can not help you regarding the BDS, I do not know the system from your country. I hope that somebody else will help you there.

Thanks alot uli8. Your explanation is a great help. Best of luck:)

Members don't see this ad :)
u dont have to send the transcript copies directly from the dental college...
notarized copies are fine..

original copies directly from the dental school are required to be sent by the U.S.A people who r planning to start their dental school from first year, i.e. the regular DDS degree...

hope this helps

Dear Saira,
When they ask for an official document means that you can not just send a copy. The copy has to be notarized or signed and send directly by the dean of your univ. About original, this is the document you received from your univ.(or from Health Ministery or government) when you graduated. It is printed usually on special paper and looks very fancy. The original is only one. When they say certified usually they talk about translated documents. That means you can not translate them by yourself or have a friend doing it, but it has to be done by a certain translator and notarized afterwards. If I am not wrong your documents should be already in English so you shouldn't bother about it. I am sorry I can not help you regarding the BDS, I do not know the system from your country. I hope that somebody else will help you there.

Does the translation of a document have to be sealed by a certified translator or can it be done by a normal translator and seal it with an affidavit?? The certified translator is charging me an arm and a leg for the damn thing! $170 for 2 pages!!! is that right? please help me out here! thanx!

It has to be translated by a certified translator. I was charged 350 for 14 pages the good thing is that they keep record of your translations so if at any time you need more copy you don't have to pay that amount of money again. Like me for example i asked for 4 extra copies after 1 year of the translations and they only charge me 50 bucks

It has to be translated by a certified translator. I was charged 350 for 14 pages the good thing is that they keep record of your translations so if at any time you need more copy you don't have to pay that amount of money again. Like me for example i asked for 4 extra copies after 1 year of the translations and they only charge me 50 bucks

Wow!! Those guys are sucking the blood out of us! $350!! Damn! But 350 doesnt sound so bad for 14 pages....they are charging me $170 just for 2 pages! does that sound right? so that would be $340 if i wanted 4 pages...kinda pricey, right?

If you want i can give you the link of the company that does the translations.