-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Podcasts
Started by YoungDoc25
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
D
deleted707454
Good Job Brain
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Radio Lab
How Stuff Works (they have a bunch of them on different topics)
Only Human
How Stuff Works (they have a bunch of them on different topics)
Only Human
Started into the How Stuff Works last night and was definitely a fan of a lot of it! Thanks!Radio Lab
How Stuff Works (they have a bunch of them on different topics)
Only Human
If you're interested in crimes and/or mystery genres, you might like Serial. The other podcasts suggested are also great to pass time.
I thought I replied to this. Weird Medicine is good, but definitely not for everyone. For a more serious podcast, The Doctor Paradox is a podcast about physician dissatisfaction, burnouts, and rediscovering their passions. It's really motivation stuff when I'm feeling down sometimes.
EMCrit is one of my favorites. But only if you are familiar with emergency medicine or critical care.
2
235009
In addition to some of the excellent ones above: Planet Money
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
I work in the ER as a tech and one of the physicians recommended this as well! Thanks!EMCrit is one of my favorites. But only if you are familiar with emergency medicine or critical care.
My First Cadaver is pretty good, Signal if you want healthcare news, Short Coat Podcast
I love how they call their daughter "Chuck."Excellent and interesting podcast that's medically related: "Sawbones"
It details various medical oddities throughout time - really funny and insightful!
My favorites:
-The Pollsters
-Lore
-Citizen's Guide to the Supreme Court
-Penn's Sunday School
-Jason Stapleton Program
I find I get a nice mix of content with those five, and their schedules mean I always have something to listen to.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
-The Pollsters
-Lore
-Citizen's Guide to the Supreme Court
-Penn's Sunday School
-Jason Stapleton Program
I find I get a nice mix of content with those five, and their schedules mean I always have something to listen to.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
I've already graduated and am currently in the application process, so I'd love some suggestions on Podcasts to pass the time during this process. They can be medically related (ethics, healthcare, etc) or other topics you all find interesting!
I am a podcast fiend. Here are my favorites, in order:
- Radiolab
- Criminal
- This American Life
- Freakonomics
- The Moth
- Dan Carlin's Hardcore History (old)
- Love & Radio
- TED Radio Hour
- Serial (old)
- Hidden Brain
- Invisibilia (s1 > s2, in my opinion)
- Spontaneanation (if you like improv comedy)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm not sure why NPR's podcasts hadn't come to mind, so thank you for that! Already had been referred to OldPreMeds and have enjoyed it- you guys do a great job!The OldPreMeds podcast on MedicalSchoolHQ.net. (shameless plug!)
Actually I am huge NPR podcast listener and if you keep up with any of the current political situation The NPR Politics Podcast for real news and The Wait!Wait! Dont Tell Me! for a humorous spin on the week's news
Ah, I am a huge fan of TEDTalks. That one will definitely be added to my list. Thank you!I am a podcast fiend. Here are my favorites, in order:
- Radiolab
- Criminal
- This American Life
- Freakonomics
- The Moth
- Dan Carlin's Hardcore History (old)
- Love & Radio
- TED Radio Hour
- Serial (old)
- Hidden Brain
- Invisibilia (s1 > s2, in my opinion)
- Spontaneanation (if you like improv comedy)
In no particular order:
1. Radiolab
2. Radiolab Presents: More Perfect (a miniseries on the Supreme Court - these have been some of my favorite episodes from Radiolab)
3. Invisibilia
4. Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me
5. Ask Me Another
6. Stuff You Should Know
7. Revisionist History
8. Criminal
9. Season 1 of Serial
I'm thinking of starting Hidden Brain, and recently started listening to My Brother, My Brother And Me. I am a podcast fiend, especially when I'm doing more tedious lab work.
1. Radiolab
2. Radiolab Presents: More Perfect (a miniseries on the Supreme Court - these have been some of my favorite episodes from Radiolab)
3. Invisibilia
4. Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me
5. Ask Me Another
6. Stuff You Should Know
7. Revisionist History
8. Criminal
9. Season 1 of Serial
I'm thinking of starting Hidden Brain, and recently started listening to My Brother, My Brother And Me. I am a podcast fiend, especially when I'm doing more tedious lab work.
I've already graduated and am currently in the application process, so I'd love some suggestions on Podcasts to pass the time during this process. They can be medically related (ethics, healthcare, etc) or other topics you all find interesting!
Ted radio hour is awesome.
If you haven't listened to serial, that is also great.
I'm partial to The Waking Up Podcast from Sam Harris, but that's not for everyone.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Podcast Beyond! IGN game news. The only podcast i listen to consistently.
Huge podcast fan. In order of what I listen to most religiously:
1. Jocko Podcast: ex Navy SEAL commander, excellent book reviews and commentary on leadership, fortitude, the evil and the good in our world. must listen. I listen to them multiple times
2. Dan Carlin's Common Sense. Somewhat libertarian, definitely neither left nor right, look at politics and current events.
3. Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. Audiobook quality. Start with "Wrath of the Khans" or "Blueprint to Armeggeddon"
4. The Martyrmade Podcast: worth it just for his 5-6 part series on the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict
5. Science Friday
6. Intelligence Squared, Intelligence Squared US debates
7. Sigma Nutrition
8. Tim Ferris
9. Joe Rogan (depends heavily on the guest)
10. Global Recon podcast -pretty specific to military personnel but I love it
11. Stuff to blow your mind
12. History on fire
13. Waking up with Sam Harris (should be more like 4 or 5 but I forgot)
and at least 5 or 6 more but I'm bored.
1. Jocko Podcast: ex Navy SEAL commander, excellent book reviews and commentary on leadership, fortitude, the evil and the good in our world. must listen. I listen to them multiple times
2. Dan Carlin's Common Sense. Somewhat libertarian, definitely neither left nor right, look at politics and current events.
3. Dan Carlin's Hardcore History. Audiobook quality. Start with "Wrath of the Khans" or "Blueprint to Armeggeddon"
4. The Martyrmade Podcast: worth it just for his 5-6 part series on the history of the Arab-Israeli conflict
5. Science Friday
6. Intelligence Squared, Intelligence Squared US debates
7. Sigma Nutrition
8. Tim Ferris
9. Joe Rogan (depends heavily on the guest)
10. Global Recon podcast -pretty specific to military personnel but I love it
11. Stuff to blow your mind
12. History on fire
13. Waking up with Sam Harris (should be more like 4 or 5 but I forgot)
and at least 5 or 6 more but I'm bored.