This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

desisurgeon

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
What are some of the good surgical podcasts that you listen to? I would like to know those that are available for Android phones but so that it helps everyone maybe we can list all available ones?

Free
iPhone
ICU doctor

Android

Paid

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
It's probably tacky to plug a friend's podcast, but Behind the Knife is very well-done. They often focus on topics relevant to residents, and the production is above-average.

I also listen to podcasts for certain journals (Br J Surg, DCR). I also like "Legends of Surgery" and the White Coat Investor.

You can also see if your library has a subscription to Audio Digest. I used to listen to those a bunch when I was a resident.

Reactions: 4 users
ICU Rounds was a great podcast. It's a burn surgeon who used to be at Vandy. It stopped probably 5 years ago, and some of it is out of date, but most of it is still relevant. Has some surgery specific stuff.

I'm not a surgeon, but if you're interested in critical care, EM:crit is pretty good, but isn't as cutting edge as it used to be. Maryland CC Project is very good - it's an ICU podcast that is done by surgeons occasionally.

If you looked through those three, you could probably pick up quite a bit of knowledge about managing surgical patients. Mind you, none of it is about operative care/surgical technique.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It's probably tacky to plug a friend's podcast, but Behind the Knife is very well-done. They often focus on topics relevant to residents, and the production is above-average.

I also listen to podcasts for certain journals (Br J Surg, DCR). I also like "Legends of Surgery" and the White Coat Investor.

You can also see if your library has a subscription to Audio Digest. I used to listen to those a bunch when I was a resident.

Oh but Behind the Knife is a given! :)
I am going to try the others.

ICU Rounds was a great podcast. It's a burn surgeon who used to be at Vandy. It stopped probably 5 years ago, and some of it is out of date, but most of it is still relevant. Has some surgery specific stuff.

I'm not a surgeon, but if you're interested in critical care, EM:crit is pretty good, but isn't as cutting edge as it used to be. Maryland CC Project is very good - it's an ICU podcast that is done by surgeons occasionally.

If you looked through those three, you could probably pick up quite a bit of knowledge about managing surgical patients. Mind you, none of it is about operative care/surgical technique.

I dont care who teaches me-as long as by the end of mid-intern year I am an expert in Acid-Base disbalances! Lol.
I will try Maryland CC project. Thanks for the suggestion.

I dont care who teaches me-as long as by the end of mid-intern year I am an expert in Acid-Base disbalances! Lol.
I will try Maryland CC project. Thanks for the suggestion.

Maryland CC has a phenomenal acid base lecture.

Reactions: 1 user
Another vote for behind the knife. Also the east podcasts if you are trauma/acs/scc inclined