Podiatry Schools and Pre-Req expiration

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El-Rami

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone run into problems with age of pre-req courses when applying to pod school? Which schools have age limits on courses and make you retake them even if you have straight As? Which schools don't?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone run into problems with age of pre-req courses when applying to pod school? Which schools have age limits on courses and make you retake them even if you have straight As? Which schools don't?

I didn't have a problem at any school I applied to (all but NY & AZ so can't speak for those).. a couple intro courses were ~10 years old.

Scholl mentioned they prefer coursework less than 10 years old but it also depends what you have been doing since that course work. A person working in science fields will be evaluated differently than a person working in finance.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The majority of my science pre-reqs are definitely less than 10 years old, but I have a few pre-reqs like English and basic biology that are right at 10 years. I am not planning to apply this upcoming cycle but for the entering class of 2022. I think I started general chemistry and microbiology back in 2012. The majority of my pre-reqs are from that time onward to about 2015 (I was knocking out some courses for my biology degree that weren't exactly pre-med courses). I did take some upper-level comparative anatomy and physiology, biochem, etc. and aced everything except for literally 2 Bs. I did organic chem around the latter part of 2013/early 2014 with my labs. Aced those, too.

I shouldn't need to go back and retake my pre-reqs?

The majority of my science pre-reqs are definitely less than 10 years old, but I have a few pre-reqs like English and basic biology that are right at 10 years. I am not planning to apply this upcoming cycle but for the entering class of 2022. I think I started general chemistry and microbiology back in 2012. The majority of my pre-reqs are from that time onward to about 2015 (I was knocking out some courses for my biology degree that weren't exactly pre-med courses). I did take some upper-level comparative anatomy and physiology, biochem, etc. and aced everything except for literally 2 Bs. I did organic chem around the latter part of 2013/early 2014 with my labs. Aced those, too.

I shouldn't need to go back and retake my pre-reqs?

I think your case is unique enough to email the programs directly to get the correct answer.
I would create a generic letter and email it all of the 9 programs and ask them. You can also attach your transcripts.