Post-Apocalyptic WWorld of Pokemon - Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Trilt

puppy snuggler extraordinaire
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
jr4BD8W.png

Near the previous Route 16…

Ash glanced down at his watch, a scuffed and dirty analog thing with a cracked screen. He sighed when he saw that the big hand was barely pointing upwards – it wasn’t even noon, and the air surrounding him was already stiflingly hot and dry. The sunlight turned harsh as he stepped out from the thick forest cover onto a wide bicycle path, long overgrown with weeds. The top floor of a ruined building could just barely be seen over another long row of trees. Good… he was almost there.

While still in the shade, Ash stopped for a second and twisted awkwardly to pull some fresh water out of the side pouch of his backpack. The sudden motion roused Pikachu from his sleeping spot on his lanky shoulder, and he responded with a small squeak of annoyance. They shared a gulp of the water and sat in the grassy shoulder for a second, each apparently lost in their thoughts.

They had both left the safety of the well-fortified Pallet Township at some god-awful early hour this morning, and traveled most of the way to Celadon City under cover of the night. There had been some very thick forest and a fairly wide river crossing that they had to travel through in the dark, but thankfully Pikachu could easily power a strong flashlight. Real batteries were getting pretty scarce.

Ash laid back in the grass and stretched out. He was tall now, with that gangly look that many teenage boys get when their limbs grow too quickly for their bodies. He stared up at the sky, which was brilliant blue with only a few clouds speckled throughout. One looked sort of like a charizard…​

AjvPSoa.png

He cringed and shook his head, willing the thought away. He had volunteered for this supply run specifically to get away from anyone who would remind him of today’s morbid anniversary, and then, look, he went and brought it up himself. It had been five years - to the day - since the state of emergency had been called and the Kanto borders closed. Five years since they had all watched, heartbroken and powerless, as countless pokemon and humans died. Five years since his team had been obliterated, the storage systems went dead, the power plants stopped running, and the world had descended into chaos.

Five years ago, the news reports were full of hysteria and wild theories. Nobody knew what was happening when their pokemon - many of whom they'd had for decades - suddenly became aggressive. No amount of medicine made a difference when that aggression faded to a dumb and comatose state and their pokemon slowly faded away. The scammers came out in full force, peddling slowpoke tails and all sorts of supposed magical cures, but nothing worked.

As he kept thinking, Ash found himself absent-mindedly rubbed at a long-healed burn covering most of his right arm. That had been the worst thing. The virus - that's what they'd eventually decided it was, some mutation of the normally-helpful pokerus virus - only seemed to impact pokemon who had evolved. So it was the strongest of the strong pokemon who died, often mortally wounding their confused and distraught trainers when they first went rampant. Charizard had almost killed him.

latest

The only thing holding the world together nowadays was the humble everstone, which, when held, halts pokemon from evolving. Before its collapse, the Kanto government had distributed thousands upon thousands of these stones to the young pokemon and trainers who were left. It wasn't uncommon to find young, recently evolved wild pokemon dead in the forest, so every owned pokemon kept a very tight grip on their stones. Ash glanced over at Pikachu, happy to see the small stone held tightly in his furry paw. It wasn't really necessary for a pikachu, but better to be safe than sorry...

...but it was really hot outside, despite the shade. He mustered up some willpower and then started once more on his way towards the city in the distance, Pikachu trailing behind. Time to scavenge what he could from the department store and get back.

TL;DR -
You're in Kanto, the region of the original games and first few seasons.
All the evolved pokemon died during a horrible apocalypse.
The world is a mess.

It is now Day 1. Today will be a long day cycle to get on track, so lynch will end at 6PM EST tomorrow.

-------------------------------------------
new_pokeball_emoticon_by_grovyle_n_wolfluvr.png
-------------------------------------------​

Rules:
  1. If your role description does not say otherwise, you are a VILLAGER.
  2. Look at your spot in the roster. Now, look down one spot. You may start a PM ONLY with the person below you. The person below cannot start a PM with the person above them; this only works one way. If you are at the bottom (ResoluteMike), you may start a PM with the very first person (WZ). Once the chat is established, you may continue PMing with someone even if they change positions - it pays for you to actually pay attention to the roster in this game! Please include Trilt in your conversations.
  3. There are quite a few items in this game, as some of you may have noticed. These will be going out in the mornings, to be used the following night and redistributed the next morning. If you wish to send your item to anybody else, you must tell mods during the day cycle, and it will be given to them when night begins. If a lynch ends super early we'll be flexible. Confused? Read more here.
  4. There is an injury mechanic in this game. Being injured means that you cannot vote in lynches until you are healed... and who knows what else it may do?
  5. Voting in lynches is strongly, strongly suggested. Leave contingencies if you think you will be busy. We won't make you, but it most likely will impact your game experience if you do not.
  6. Editing is fine, and you don't need to explain yourself. Don't screw with lynch votes.
  7. If there is a really overwhelming majority and almost everyone seems to have voted, lynch may close early... but generally night/lynch deadlines will be 7AM/8PM EST. No plurality rules. Please try and get your night actions in during the evening instead of morning, if you can, as it makes my life that much easier.
  8. Trilt peeve: pretty please don't make strategic posts after evening lynch is closed, but before the write-up is done. Treat it like a morning.

new_pokeball_emoticon_by_grovyle_n_wolfluvr.png
Mods:
@Trilt
@Gwenevre
@katashark

Roster:
1. @WildZoo
2. @Mad Jack
3. @heyyimhayley
4. @lhmhtd
5. @Kam325
6. @Jilary
7. @Devastating
8. @thedrjojo
9. @Zensing
10. @orca2011
11. @finnickthedog
12. @ketoone
13. @LadyOtheFarm
14. @PrincessButterCup
15. @hazelmoo
16. @kcoughli
17. @BrownSwissCows
18. @Ashgirl
19. @dyachei
20. @LetItSnow
21. @Lupin21
22. @DVMDream
23. @alohacat319
24. @Teepster87
25. @rockatiel
26. @Stb1473
27. @allieh8607
28. @SummerTheLynx
29. @brightimpressio
30. @Romoret
31. @StartingoverVet, codename: grumpiest grump who ever grumpily grumped
32. @Flim Flam Man
33. @ResoluteMike

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Resources:
The best wiki
Previously mentioned 80 minutes of cheesiness

Write-Ups:
Introduction
Day 1 - Romo lynched
Night 1 - Deva killed, Romo revived
Day 2 - WZ lynched
Night 2 - Nobody died
Day 3 - RM lynched
Night 3 - Zensing & Teepster killed (poppikachu)
Day 4 - Rojo lynched
Night 4 - Lupin killed
Day 5 - Kcoughli lynched
Night 5 - PBC killed
Day 6 - Kam lynched
Night 6 - Finn killed
Day 7 - LIS lynch failed
Night 7 - Orca, STB, Romo killed (massacre)
Day 8 - STL lynched
Night 8 - LIS & Mad Jack killed
Day 9 - Ketoone lynched
Night 9 - BI killed
Day 10 - LotF lynch failed
Night 10 - SOV & Aloha killed
Day 11 - FFM lynched
Night 11 - Hayley killed
Day 12 - Jilary lynched
Night 12 - Finale

Spreadsheet

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
This WW game has me so close to just buying a 3DS so I can catch up on all the Pokemon games. Also realized that if I go through Target, I can get a tiny amount off because i have a REDcard.

This WW game has me so close to just buying a 3DS so I can catch up on all the Pokemon games. Also realized that if I go through Target, I can get a tiny amount off because i have a REDcard.
Doooooo ittttttt... especially since Sun and Moon are coming out later this year!

Reactions: 1 user

Pokemon is literally the only reason I have ever bought a new gaming system.

Doooooo ittttttt... especially since Sun and Moon are coming out later this year!

A huge motivating factor. The last game I've bought was Silver, so I'm super behind, but plan on buying the other games slowly. I've been playing some of the newer games on emulators, but I really like the handheld consoles. It's like reading with me too. I prefer the real book to ebooks.

A huge motivating factor. The last game I've bought was Silver, so I'm super behind, but plan on buying the other games slowly. I've been playing some of the newer games on emulators, but I really like the handheld consoles. It's like reading with me too. I prefer the real book to ebooks.
Emulators are great, but nothing replaces the feeling of playing the games on their actual, dedicated hardware. If you get a 3DS, you can play all of the DS games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Heartgold/Soulsilver, Black/White/Black 2/ White 2) as well as the 3DS games (X/Y, Omegaruby/Alphasapphire) because the system is backwards compatible!

Emulators are great, but nothing replaces the feeling of playing the games on their actual, dedicated hardware. If you get a 3DS, you can play all of the DS games (Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Heartgold/Soulsilver, Black/White/Black 2/ White 2) as well as the 3DS games (X/Y, Omegaruby/Alphasapphire) because the system is backwards compatible!

As of two weeks ago you can also play Yellow, Blue, and Red (original Gen 1) on the 3ds. They are available in the nintendo store for $10

As of two weeks ago you can also play Yellow, Blue, and Red (original Gen 1) on the 3ds. They are available in the nintendo store for $10
This is true, too! I'd forgotten that they're up on Virtual Console now. Even more reason to get a 3DS.

The one downside is that you'll end up missing out on the GBA ones Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen. I'd say Sapphire was my favorite game, though it's hard to beat the nostalgia factor of Crystal which was the first game I owned.

Members don't see this ad :)
The one downside is that you'll end up missing out on the GBA ones Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald and FireRed/LeafGreen. I'd say Sapphire was my favorite game, though it's hard to beat the nostalgia factor of Crystal which was the first game I owned.

I still have two GB colors and an Advanced SP , so I'm all good on those consoles.
And aren't FireRed and LeafGreen basically Pokemon Red and Blue? I didn't read much about amazing updates, but I might have missed them. And I've heard that people really liked the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, so I was probably just going to get the DS options due to cost. I'll probably get HeartGold too since buying it new is basically the same as buying a used Gold.

I have some dramatic nature documentary footage for you guys... obviously from the years past. Venusaur vs. weedle:

(the hunt is happening about as quickly at this thread is moving. :p)

Last edited:
I have some dramatic nature documentary footage for you guys... obviously from the years past. Venusaur vs. weedle:

(the hunt is happening about as quickly at this thread is moving. :p)

This isn't showing up on my laptop but assuming its what I saw on reddit earlier -- :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Can we PM with our roster buddies in both day and night cycle?

Also lynch PBC

I still have two GB colors and an Advanced SP , so I'm all good on those consoles.
And aren't FireRed and LeafGreen basically Pokemon Red and Blue? I didn't read much about amazing updates, but I might have missed them. And I've heard that people really liked the remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, so I was probably just going to get the DS options due to cost. I'll probably get HeartGold too since buying it new is basically the same as buying a used Gold.
Yeah FR and LG are the "remakes," so there's are a few new mechanics here and there with a few new areas to explore but the feel is the same.

The remakes for Ruby and Sapphire are AWESOME!!! Really really really well done, I really recommend them!

Also, if you liked Gold/Silver, you will LOVE HG/SS. Probably my favorite remake of all time :love:

Yeah FR and LG are the "remakes," so there's are a few new mechanics here and there with a few new areas to explore but the feel is the same.

The remakes for Ruby and Sapphire are AWESOME!!! Really really really well done, I really recommend them!

Also, if you liked Gold/Silver, you will LOVE HG/SS. Probably my favorite remake of all time :love:

Do you think it's worth it buying the original gold or just go for the HG?

Go for HeartGold, imo. It's everything the original Gold was but... so much better in every way.

Also, your lead Pokemon follows you on the overworld like Pikachu does in Yellow version! Which is adorable!

Well it depends on what you are looking for. I'm more of a "better graphics, better mechanics -> better game" person (with Pokemon remakes anyways), so I would buy HG over Gold. The level of improvement is awesome (I LOVE the pokemon-walking-behind-you feature, and the Poketrialthalons mini-games), but it still keeps that same Johto charm.
Gold:
grass-hiding.gif

Heart Gold:
tumblr_m8pemrzoJJ1qcqavbo1_r3_500.gif

That being said, if you are really big on nostalgia, then you might find that Gold is better. I definitely would consider giving HG a shot though!

I'd go for HG. All the remakes have been very well done, the game play is enjoyable. Part of the appeal to the remakes is the nostalgia and feels from the original, so you'll definitely get that if you played Silver and you'll be just fine if you skip right to AlphaSapphire/OmegaRuby.

Definitely HG or SS! I miss my pokewalker so much :(

I'm really happy I Netflix binged the entire first season of the anime pretty recently. Man, I miss being a kid getting up every morning and watching it before school lol

lynch WZ

once you go evil wolf, it comes in bunches. Just the way the world is.
Plus I am still bitter she was the last El Capo alive.

Reactions: 4 users
lynch WZ

once you go evil wolf, it comes in bunches. Just the way the world is.
Plus I am still bitter she was the last El Capo alive.
I promised to lynch her first too so:

Lynch WZ

Just now remembered. Thanks SOV!

You know what, I like where this is going.

Unlynch PBC
Lynch WZ

But at the same time, I still have trust issues about lynching WZ that stem from the Office game... I'll stick with recent experience.

### lynch rocketeer ###

#yolo

Day 1 Lynching Madness!
Aloha (1) - BI
Dev (1) - Ashgirl
Rocky? (1) - FFM
SOV (1) - DVMD
STL (1) - Jilary
WZ (5) - Dy, SOV, LotF, Rocky, Ketoone
Zen (1) - Romoret
Lupin (1) - Orca
MJ (1) - Teep
LIS (1) - Deva

14/33 accounted for.

There has been some confusion with the way items work...

So just to clarify: items go out at the beginning of day cycle. You have until the beginning of that night (so lynch close) to choose whether you'd like to keep your item in hand to be used by you that evening (or just for you to stare at it), or to send it to somebody else. If you send it to somebody else, they will be notified that they've received the item when lynch closes. They can then decide to either use it or stare at it for the evening. In the morning - whether the item is with the original owner or someone new - it will be redistributed to a new batch of people. Clear as mud?

Last edited:
I can go along with this. Didn't even play that game, just skimmed, and even I can see why people would want to lynch her.

Also just easier to go with the majority...

Unlynch PBC
Lynch WZ

Ugh. Target is having a Buy 2 Pokemon games, get 1 free deal...it's like the world is trying to tell me something.

And random lynch of lupin for now.

Reactions: 4 users
Day 1 Lynching Madness!
Aloha (1) - BI
Dev (1) - Ashgirl
Rocky? (1) - FFM
SOV (1) - DVMD
STL (1) - Jilary
WZ (5) - Dy, SOV, LotF, Rocky, Ketoone
Zen (1) - Romoret
Lupin (1) - Orca

12/33 accounted for.

There has been some confusion with the way items work...

So just to clarify: items go out at the beginning of day cycle. You have until the beginning of that night (so lynch close) to choose whether you'd like to keep your item in hand to be used by you that evening (or just for you to stare at it), or to send it to somebody else. If you send it to somebody else, they will be notified that they've received the item when lynch closes. They can then decide to either use it or stare at it for the evening. In the morning - whether the item is with the original owner or someone new - it will be redistributed to a new batch of people. Clear as mud?
you missed my vote...

This is what I get for being a wolf one time in the last 15 games? Well. Back up off me. You're barking up the wrong tree :p

I mean, I get the former El capo peeps being bitter, but I didn't do anything to rocky or ketoone.

Lynch ketoone

Last edited:
Ugh. Target is having a Buy 2 Pokemon games, get 1 free deal...it's like the world is trying to tell me something.
Um... I think it's buy 2, get 1 free for the 3ds games. Given you probably only want X OR Y, and Omega Ruby OR Alpha Sapphire... that makes 2 games. Not sure the deal is worth it.

A much cooler deal is the free Legendary Pokemon distribution going on for the next week. Want a free level 100 Celebi? Boot up your 3ds Pokémon game and connect to the Internet.

Um... I think it's buy 2, get 1 free for the 3ds games. Given you probably only want X OR Y, and Omega Ruby OR Alpha Sapphire... that makes 2 games. Not sure the deal is worth it.

A much cooler deal is the free Legendary Pokemon distribution going on for the next week. Want a free level 100 Celebi? Boot up your 3ds Pokémon game and connect to the Internet.

See, I'm one that likes to have both versions of the game, so it's still sort of worth it to me but i do get your point.

Lynch MJ

We've got to get rid of him before someone has the bright idea to convert him....again.

(Waffles to come later)

Reactions: 2 users