Post-Bac or Masters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Post-bac or masters?

• post bac

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • masters

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

anniethedog

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I applied last cycle and did not get in. Current Situation:
  • oGPA of 3.2
  • sGPA of 3.0. I am retaking classes I got C's in
  • 17AA DAT (retaking next spring)
  • Research with Anesthesiologist
  • Post-Bac currently
Should continue to do an informal post-bac like I am currently doing, or do a 1 year masters (fall 2017-spring 2018)?

I just want to have the best chance to get into dental school in Fall 2018.

Members don't see this ad.

keep doing postbach, are you taking upper div bio courses in your postbach? you can also take chem upper division

pull up your sGPA to 3.2-3.3 then do a 1 year master program make sure you ace this one also

plus 17AA is just too low. try 21+

Members don't see this ad :)
keep doing postbach, are you taking upper div bio courses in your postbach? you can also take chem upper division

pull up your sGPA to 3.2-3.3 then do a 1 year master program make sure you ace this one also

plus 17AA is just too low. try 21+

Yes, I am taking upper division and graduate level science courses, and certain bio classes the university that I got my B.S. from didn't offer. I am also retaking the DAT since I know a 17 is low and not competitive enough. Thank you for replying, I appreciate it!

i don't think a postbac and a master is necessary. just do a postbac and try to get your sgpa to at least 3.2 and ogpa 3.4. take the dat again and try to get at least 20 across the board. apply early and you should stand a chance.

i don't think a postbac and a master is necessary. just do a postbac and try to get your sgpa to at least 3.2 and ogpa 3.4. take the dat again and try to get at least 20 across the board. apply early and you should stand a chance.
I agree. I don't think master's is necessary as long as you can bring your GPA up to 3.4ish. That's about the average. I have 3.3 overall but 2.9 science so I'm planning on doing post-bacc in the spring. Hopefully, it'll be enough to get me in.