This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jonesam91

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently, due to personal issues last quarter, I have a cGPA of 2.55 (waiting for one more grade to come back in Epidemiology which should be a B). I'm not entirely sure of my sGPA because I have attended 3 (yes, 3) colleges throughout my tenure as a student and I do not have access to all the transcripts just yet. I am a 26 year old female and a URM. I graduate in June with my B.S. Health Science and have all of my pre-req's done with the exception of organic I and II. I plan on taking organic I and II over the summer (May 10th-July20th), and that combined with the 4 classes left I have to take this quarter prior to graduation should bring me up to a 3.0 or a little above. I've been looking up post-baccs but I am still nervous about acceptance and getting overwhelmed by deadlines. So, my questions are:

1. What are my chances of getting into an SMP?
2. Does applying late/closer to the dealine negatively affect applicants who aren't competitive?

Members don't see this ad.

Currently, due to personal issues last quarter, I have a cGPA of 2.55 (waiting for one more grade to come back in Epidemiology which should be a B). I'm not entirely sure of my sGPA because I have attended 3 (yes, 3) colleges throughout my tenure as a student and I do not have access to all the transcripts just yet. I am a 26 year old female and a URM. I graduate in June with my B.S. Health Science and have all of my pre-req's done with the exception of organic I and II. I plan on taking organic I and II over the summer (May 10th-July20th), and that combined with the 4 classes left I have to take this quarter prior to graduation should bring me up to a 3.0 or a little above. I've been looking up post-baccs but I am still nervous about acceptance and getting overwhelmed by deadlines. So, my questions are:

1. What are my chances of getting into an SMP?
2. Does applying late/closer to the dealine negatively affect applicants who aren't competitive?
With my program's experience, I would say:
1) fine
2) not at all.