post bacc courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

butterflymd7

Reaction score
Hello!

I am in a post bacc program and I have very few courses to take in terms of med-school application requirements. I am taking gen chem and orgo (I know it doesn't seem like it makes sense but trust me.) My concern is whether or not I should take human anatomy as well. I already did my undergrad and did pretty well and so don't think I need to add more "Extra" courses. I'm wondering if I should focus all of my energy on working at a lab, do really well on these pre-med essential courses and leave it at that...or..also add in human anatomy?

Opinions?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

is the post-bacc program to boost a low UG gpa ? is it to bide your time while writing the MCAT for a better score ? how many clinical volunteer and non clinical volunteer hours do you have ? most of the research experience helps if your other parts of your application allow you to score an interview in the top 30 schools (which care for research oriented applicants), otherwise focusing on other aspects may be more improtant

I don't think human anatomy will add anything special to your application. I would focus on clinical experience and volunteering.