Post Bacc or SMP help please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patman

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm considering doing a one-year post baccalaureate program or a special masters program to boost my credentials for med school. I hold a foreign bachelor's degree and upon contacting several med schools I was informed that they do accept applicants such as me but require that I undertake a year of study to boost my credentials.

I'm torn between taking a post baccalaureate or a special masters program. On one hand, I've heard post bacc helps me complete my pre reqs for med school really fast while an smp shows you can handle med school classes. Since my bachelor's is from outside the US, I'm not sure I satisfy the pre reqs so would a post bacc be a better choice for me? If so, would you recommend the post bacc at Upenn?

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, so I'm considering doing a one-year post baccalaureate program or a special masters program to boost my credentials for med school. I hold a foreign bachelor's degree and upon contacting several med schools I was informed that they do accept applicants such as me but require that I undertake a year of study to boost my credentials.

I'm torn between taking a post baccalaureate or a special masters program. On one hand, I've heard post bacc helps me complete my pre reqs for med school really fast while an smp shows you can handle med school classes. Since my bachelor's is from outside the US, I'm not sure I satisfy the pre reqs so would a post bacc be a better choice for me? If so, would you recommend the post bacc at Upenn?
You can't get into most SMPs without your pre-med classes and MCAT (have you taken the MCAT).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using SDN mobile

Last edited: