This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fedfan100

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN members!

A little background:
I am currently beginning my final semester at a state university pursuing an "informal" style post-bacc where I simply take upper division biology courses that I have never taken before as well as repeating some pre-med pre-reqs that I didn't do so well in the first time around, to boost my overall undergrad GPA.

Question:
My university offers a 200 level (lower division) one semester human physiology course as well as a 300 level (upper division) human anatomy and physiology combined course over a two semester period. I am really interested in taking a physiology course as I have never taken one up until this point and it will also help me prepare for the MCAT. Considering that this is my final semester of post-bacc before I apply, I obviously cannot take the upper division two semester course, so would it be waste of my time if I took the human physiology course that is a lower division class? Would my time be better spent taking some other upper division biology course? My advisor has told me that admissions committees will look at my transcript and ask why after three semesters of upper division coursework did I choose to take a lower division class.

Any insight is really appreciated! Best of luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.