This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

B_52

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can we just take a moment to engage in some group therapy over the absolute mindf$%# that is the weeks/months long period between interviewing for a medical school spot and getting an actual answer. Maybe take some donations to set up a hotline, get it included in the next copy of the DSM. I'm losing my mind about it over here.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
would much rather (no joke) tube a neonate going 70mph in the back of a dark ambulance than go to another interview.

I'd donate to support the post-interview bartab.

Last edited:
Lmaooooo, why you guys so nervous? I'd rather do interviews than secondary essays.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Stay busy!!!

Do not ruminate

Always have a Plan B

Love the Avatar. My best friend in high school ended up as an MP on a SAC base in AR.

Can we just take a moment to engage in some group therapy over the absolute mindf$%# that is the weeks/months long period between interviewing for a medical school spot and getting an actual answer. Maybe take some donations to set up a hotline, get it included in the next copy of the DSM. I'm losing my mind about it over here.

Just try not to dwell on it, it's so hard to tell how you actually did. I seriously felt terrible about one of my interviews and ended up getting accepted.

Stay busy!!!

Do not ruminate

Always have a Plan B

Love the Avatar. My best friend in high school ended up as an MP on a SAC base in AR.

That's the plan of attack i've been taking, took up learning to snowboard, have a few job ideas lined up in case I have to put the medicine dream on hold. I typically only have issues over it now in the shower or in bed now where the interviews play back and forth in my head a couple hundred times.

Thank you! I actually don't have any personal connection to flying or the military. It's an allusion to the first really memorable experience I had in medicine. My home town had quite the "spike" epidemic a couple years ago when I had first started scribing and we got this crazed patient in who had been physically and chemically restrained "unsuccessfuly" in the ambulance, but was still going nuts. He actually had started to warp the steel frame of his stretcher pullig on the straps and apparently tore tendons in both his arms. I had only ever worked in the section of the ED where the nosebleeds, hangnails, and sniffles go as it was a very large one and they like to ease the new scribes into the job. So this happened on my first "real shift" and I was shocked at first and the doctor just walked in, just said B-52 to the nurse and that was all he said. Now looking back, I was more curious what he meant by B-52 than the spectacle that was this guy on spike so I thought that was a good litmus test for how I might cope with that sort of patient in the future if I were to get into emergency medicine.

Reactions: 1 user
That's the plan of attack i've been taking, took up learning to snowboard, have a few job ideas lined up in case I have to put the medicine dream on hold. I typically only have issues over it now in the shower or in bed now where the interviews play back and forth in my head a couple hundred times.

Thank you! I actually don't have any personal connection to flying or the military. It's an allusion to the first really memorable experience I had in medicine. My home town had quite the "spike" epidemic a couple years ago when I had first started scribing and we got this crazed patient in who had been physically and chemically restrained "unsuccessfuly" in the ambulance, but was still going nuts. He actually had started to warp the steel frame of his stretcher pullig on the straps and apparently tore tendons in both his arms. I had only ever worked in the section of the ED where the nosebleeds, hangnails, and sniffles go as it was a very large one and they like to ease the new scribes into the job. So this happened on my first "real shift" and I was shocked at first and the doctor just walked in, just said B-52 to the nurse and that was all he said. Now looking back, I was more curious what he meant by B-52 than the spectacle that was this guy on spike so I thought that was a good litmus test for how I might cope with that sort of patient in the future if I were to get into emergency medicine.

Hey, if your interviews don't pan out well, PM me. I'll conduct some mock interviews with you and help you on your weak spots. :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey, if your interviews don't pan out well, PM me. I'll conduct some mock interviews with you and help you on your weak spots. :)
Thank you! I will keep that in mind.