This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

goldaline.my.dear

Reaction score
So I had an interview at Rocky Mountain University and I'm curious how long it usually takes to hear back from a school once you have interviewed? My second question is when do schools generally interview people? Is there a month of the year that is most popular? I want to know what is considered interviewing earlier. And when do most schools let candidates know if they have been accepted, as in what time of year? Do we know the status of most of our applications by around January?

I have another interview in 2 weeks but all I can think about is the one I already went to. I also have 6 other schools that I'm waiting to hear anything from so I'm curious about that. Thanks for the help. Hopefully it will help me worry less ;):dead:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I was at RMUoHP's first interview session in October. We were told that we could hear back anytime starting within two weeks up until mid-January. A week after the interview, they sent out an email saying we'd receive a decision by December 1st. I don't know if this deadline is specific to our interview group, but to give you a frame of reference, this is about 7 weeks since our interview.

Also, the timeline for admissions varies greatly for different programs. For programs with rolling admissions, they've already started interviewing. For programs that review applications after a certain deadline, they may or may not have sent out invitations or conducted any interviews yet. I think a majority of programs do make decisions by mid-January since the first deadline for submitting a deposit is on January 15. Most programs I applied to did mention approximately when to expect interview invites and/or decisions on their PTCAS page or program's website, so it may help to check those out!

Hey! I was at RMUoHP's first interview session in October. We were told that we could hear back anytime starting within two weeks up until mid-January. A week after the interview, they sent out an email saying we'd receive a decision by December 1st. I don't know if this deadline is specific to our interview group, but to give you a frame of reference, this is about 7 weeks since our interview.

Also, the timeline for admissions varies greatly for different programs. For programs with rolling admissions, they've already started interviewing. For programs that review applications after a certain deadline, they may or may not have sent out invitations or conducted any interviews yet. I think a majority of programs do make decisions by mid-January since the first deadline for submitting a deposit is on January 15. Most programs I applied to did mention approximately when to expect interview invites and/or decisions on their PTCAS page or program's website, so it may help to check those out!

RMUoHP hasn't sent me an email yet but I was just there last Friday. I'm texting a student I know there and she just told me she heard from them after about a month. I'll go back to PTCAS and look at my other schools to see if they give any details.

So you haven't heard back with any decision? I think that wait might kill me.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yup, I'm still waiting. I'm guessing they wanted to make final decisions to fill their cohorts after the interview session this month. Hopefully you'll be able to hear back without waiting as long as me though!

Reactions: 1 user
Yup, I'm still waiting. I'm guessing they wanted to make final decisions to fill their cohorts after the interview session this month. Hopefully you'll be able to hear back without waiting as long as me though!

If you find out I would love the hear about it.

Have you heard from any other schools? I have another interview in 2 weeks.

I’ll keep you updated. I’ve been accepted into 1 program and have 1 more interview scheduled so far. I have to wait until January to hear back from the rest of the schools I applied to. But Rocky Mountain University is one of my top choices.

Good luck with your interview! Which programs are you most interested in?

RMU called me today and informed me of my acceptance so I am sure they will be letting most applicants (who have already interviewed) sometime this week.

RMU called me today and informed me of my acceptance so I am sure they will be letting most applicants (who have already interviewed) sometime this week.
I got in today too!!! Are you going to go? They have a women’s health Pt on the faculty so they’re my top choice

I have an interview in Texas next week and I’ll still go but I’m almost certainly gong to rmu. When do you start? I’m may

Awesome! Congrats! And yes I would also start in May. I’m not really sure yet tho, difficult life decisions to make within the next month ahh! I got accepted into two other schools and have another interview next week in IL. RMU was great tho and I want to be in the mountains and snowboard lol

Reactions: 1 users
Awesome! Congrats! And yes I would also start in May. I’m not really sure yet tho, difficult life decisions to make within the next month ahh! I got accepted into two other schools and have another interview next week in IL. RMU was great tho and I want to be in the mountains and snowboard lol

I have an interview at my #2 choice school this weekend, I've been accepted at another school, and I didn't get to hear from most of the schools I applied to yet but RMU just has a lot of things I'm looking for so I'm pretty sure that's where I'll go. If you decide to go too it would be cool to DM with a future classmate <3 Let me know where you end up either way and congrats on all of you acceptances!

I have an interview at my #2 choice school this weekend, I've been accepted at another school, and I didn't get to hear from most of the schools I applied to yet but RMU just has a lot of things I'm looking for so I'm pretty sure that's where I'll go. If you decide to go too it would be cool to DM with a future classmate <3 Let me know where you end up either way and congrats on all of you acceptances!

I am seriously considering RMU as my top choice now so send me a DM! I just tried messaging you but it wouldn't let me for some reason.

I am seriously considering RMU as my top choice now so send me a DM! I just tried messaging you but it wouldn't let me for some reason.
Will you and @goldaline.my.dear add me to this as well please? :) RMU is the only school I've been accepted to so far so its very possible I will see ya'll there!!

I think I’m going to make a Facebook page. The forum won’t let me dm you guys because it says your profiles limit certain kinds of access. Idk what that’s about.

The name of the fb group I made is “RMUoHP DPT Class of 2021 (May Cohort)” y’all should join

Hey again guys! this may sound silly because this is something I should've thought about this a while ago lol. But, my understanding from what I've been told is that RMU is a 2.5 year program, as opposed to others that are 3 years. However, RMU is 8 semesters still like all other programs. Does this just mean there will be no breaks like other programs have to make the program end faster?

There are breaks in between each semester but they’re only 2-3 weeks in length. So if you start this May, you’d finish in December 2021 while the majority of schools usually finish in May/June 2022.