post your preliminary scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ramizlol

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
VA 382 18
bio 435 92
Rc 395 41
QA 430 91
CHEM 438 93

Composite 416 79

Screw verbal!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I'm just relieved its over haha.
(And I'm not in the 99%-ile club or anything, but if y'all need study tips, feel free to hit me up. :))) ) Good luck to those of you who are still studying!!
what tip would you someone to score higher at the reading section?

I studied primarily using Kaplan 2014-2015
Here are my scores..
VA: 393/35
Bio: 414/69
Reading 387/ 27
QA: 404/55
Chem: 418/76
Composite: 403/ 52:eyebrow:

Cumulative GPA: 3.18
Science GPA: 3.0

Currently applying to FAMU, South University of GA (both have no pcat requirements:)), Mercer, GA-PCOM, Campbell, and Notre Dame of Maryland.
Seems like everyone scored in the 90's or those who scored below are too embarrassed to share lol. I'm not interested in retaking the PCAT, should I? Opinions?

For higher reading scores you should definitely go through the MCAT reading sections listed in Princeton Review. Another pro tip would be to read more in general. I started studying for the PCAT three months beforehand and used the 100 greatest novels on the NY Post as my guide for that. It DEFINITELY bumped up my vocabulary and helped with comprehension. That's just what worked for me though.

Reactions: 1 users
For higher reading scores you should definitely go through the MCAT reading sections listed in Princeton Review. Another pro tip would be to read more in general. I started studying for the PCAT three months beforehand and used the 100 greatest novels on the NY Post as my guide for that. It DEFINITELY bumped up my vocabulary and helped with comprehension. That's just what worked for me though.
Thank you :)

I'm not sure how I feel about my scores -- took them yesterday. I know my reading/ verbal is pretty low due to the fact I didn't put any emphasis on these sections.
Verbal SS: 395 PR: 38
Biology SS: 421 PR: 79
Reading SS: 383 PR: 23
Quantitative SS: 430 PR: 91
Chemistry SS: 434 PR: 91
Composite 74

I thought I did better on my biology and the quantitative section I left about like ~5 questions blank since I ran out of time. Thoughts on my scores? Retake?

wow...how long did u study for (how many months ?) and how many hours a day per week? did u only use dr. collins to study ?
thanks
Lmao you actually beileved her score with all 90s it would easily be a 99 more like a 120 tbh people with 60 in verb and reading get 99s with those other scores???

Lmao you actually beileved her score with all 90s it would easily be a 99 more like a 120 tbh people with 60 in verb and reading get 99s with those other scores???

What the heck? Those are my scores. I can take a picture and show you. -_-

I am guessing my composite is a 98 because reading and verbal are not weighted as much as biology and chemistry.

Reactions: 1 user
wow...how long did u study for (how many months ?) and how many hours a day per week? did u only use dr. collins to study ?
thanks

I studied for about 4-5 weeks using just Dr. Collins and Pearson's practice tests. One week for reading the study guides. Then took 3-4 Dr. Collins practice tests a day and 1 Pearson practice test a week.

I actually only practiced reading 3 times. Once I learned a strategy, I didn't really want to practice it because it's the same strategy over and over. I read the questions first, then read the passage and answered the questions as I found them. Remember, all the answers are in the passage.

Verbal was trickier for me to improve. All I could do was take all the practice tests, make a list of the words I didn't know, and review them. You could study the GRE hot list too.

If you have time, I would suggest reading like a Kaplan PCAT book to get a base knowledge about each subject. While I was taking the practice tests, I missed like 10-15 questions about random things that probably wouldn't have been random if I really understood the material.

Members don't see this ad :)
More like lol @ALE~X~PRESS doesn't know how the composite score is calculated. I'll help, its an average of the subset scaled scores. The final composite percentile just means that in this case 98% of the norm group had an average less than or equal to the average @vanessalix received
Actually I just realized why he had a 99 with those low English scores his chemistry was at 529/99!!

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-9_12-26-48.png
    upload_2014-9-9_12-26-48.png
    95 bytes · Views: 63
VA SS: 423 PR:82
BIO SS:430 PR: 89
RC SS:436 PR: 97
QA SS: 404 PR:55
CHEM SS: 396 PR:41
Composite SS: 418 PR: 82

What do y'all think? I'm assuming I should retake because I blew the Quant and Chem section...

I have a 3.87 GPA, research experience, 4+ years of lab experience, and shadowing in 3 different pharmacies...

Thanks!

what tip would you someone to score higher at the reading section?
Honestly? Just read books that you enjoy + do the EK Verbal Reading Passages. They're excellent practice.
^ I was reading a spin-off of Pride and Prejudice--every few minutes I had to look up some bizarre word that the author used. It paid off though since some of the words popped up in the Verbal Ability section

can someone pleas tell me where can i find the person practice test? i have Dr. collins, and keplan

VA: 38
RC: 20
QA: 67
Chem & bio: 95
Comp: 76

I'm really bumped right now and wondering if I should retake or not because of my high science score. To be honest, I haven't taken any bio yet so I was shocked with my bio score. For maths, I usually scored high but somehow ruined on the real thing. VA and RC, well, it's VA and RC. My gpa is 3.7 and I just got my sophomore of undergrad done but planning to apply for this cycle. I got some volunteer done in the past and planning to do more this upcoming year along with chemistry research. What do you think of my chances? I want to get in some top tiers such as UMN, UIC and UW Madison and 1 back up third tier school, NDSU. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
how did you study for the Bio portion if you dont mind me asking because I am currently in Bio 1 now and i take the test on the 28th

Long time lurker, first time poster. Just finished writing this morning. Preliminary scores are as follows:

VA: 427 SS / 87
BIO: 435 SS / 92
RC: 421 SS / 86
QA: 423 SS / 85
CHEM: 472 SS / 99

COMPOSITE: 436 SS / 97

I primarily used Dr.Collins for approximately 2 months, 3-4 hrs/day, 5x week. Also bought two practice tests from Pearson. Both of these study tools are highly recommended. There were no questions in the chemistry section that i did not already see in the package. Additionally, the practice tests were very similar to the whole exam and were formatted the same as the real test (Same font, colors etc). I realize that sounds weird but it definitely made me feel more comfortable when writing the actual exam since it wasn't and ENTIRELY new experience.

Eagerly awaiting writing scores. I was given a question on US related issues (I'm Canadian :/)

From the PCAT I took today at 12pm

VA 427 87
bio 447 97
Rc 429 93
QA 405 58
CHEM 484 99

Composite 438 98

Notes: I used Dr Collins, Kaplan, and the Pearson Practice Tests for prep and studied all summer. I also had to guess the last ~15 questions of QA and failed to heed the advice of those on here who said go through all the easy QA questions first and I guessed on some extremely easy questions because there were seconds to spare. I also skipped the passage questions in chem and bio and came back to them at the end. Overall though I'm very happy with my scores and I'm hoping these will open some doors!

Last edited:
From the PCAT I took today at 12pm

VA 427 87
bio 447 97
Rc 429 93
QA 405 58
CHEM 484 99

Composite 438 98

Notes: I used Dr Collins, Kaplan, and the Pearson Practice Tests for prep and studied all summer. I also had to guess the last ~15 questions of QA and failed to heed the advice of those on here who said go through all the easy QA questions first and I guessed on some extremely easy questions because there were seconds to spare. I also skipped the passage questions in chem and bio and came back to them at the end. Overall though I'm very happy with my scores and I'm hoping these will open some doors!

Grats on the amazing score! Do you think Collins is enough for Bio or did you use Kaplan for Bio? If so, are there any topics in bio in the Kaplan book that lacking detail?

VA: 443 SS / 96
BIO: 425 SS / 84
RC: 395 SS / 41
QA: 434 SS / 93
CHEM: 443 SS / 95
COMPOSITE: 428 SS / 93

I don't know what happened with the reading comp

Grats on the amazing score! Do you think Collins is enough for Bio or did you use Kaplan for Bio? If so, are there any topics in bio in the Kaplan book that lacking detail?

I think Biology is really just a numbers game where you just have to absorb as much info as you can because it has so many isolated concepts. At this point I've taken general biology, microbiology, anatomy/physiology, and biochemistry which certainly helped. I saw some questions that were in my 2012 Collins but also many questions that weren't in Collins or Kaplan, such as the cAMP pathway, Klinefelter syndrome, noriceptors, etc. But I don't think Collin's bio is sufficient alone and it should definitely be supplemented with other resources. If you look for PCAT biology on Quizlet those could also be very helpful.

I took the PCAT today:

VA 437/ 94
BIO: 440/ 95
RC: 407/ 64 (LOL)
QA: 480/ 99
CHEM: 472/ 99
COMPOSITE: 447/ 99

I mainly used Kaplan on-demand class, Dr Collins, and Pearson Test.

Kaplan on-demand class is a bit overkill, but it builds the foundation of knowledge nicely especially if you forget what you learned in college. I definitely found some repeated questions from Dr. Collins and Pearson Test.

For RC, I guess reading newspaper might help. Importantly, triage the questions, flag the difficult ones, make a random choice and go back to them if you have time.

Last edited:
I took the Pcat last thursday, 10/16/14

Prelims:
VA 419/78
BIO 411/63 :/
RC: 431/94
QA: 423/85
CHEM: 443/95
COMPOSITE: 425/91 :)

Obviously not upset with the score. How I prepared:
-Kaplan 2014-2015 Book: read entire book and did all practice questions at end of each section
- PRACTICE EXAMS: This is the most important, I took the two Kaplan, and then the two Pearson. this is what I feel prepared me the most for the exam. During the exam, I really thought I was getting killed, but it ended up good!!

Just thought I would contribute!

Hi Guys

I am so worried about my scores.

My preliminary scores are as followed:

VA 384/21
Bio 435/92
RC 365/6
QA 416/77
Chem 438/93
Composite 64

My reading comprehension is so low. I don't want to say any excuses cause there are none. I think that no school would take that kind of score for reading as well as a 64 on the composite.

Has anyone ever gotten in with low scores like these? My GPA is 3.66. I do have some job experience in pharmacy as a technician at Keck USC hospital for about 6 months and have been a clinical researcher for the past 3 years.

I think I will have to retake the test and not apply... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :(

Last edited:
Hi Guys

VA 384/21
Bio 435/92
RC 365/6
QA 416/77
Chem 438/93
Composite 64

My reading comprehension is so low. I don't want to say any excuses cause there are none. I think that no school would take that kind of score for reading as well as a 64 on the composite.

Has anyone ever gotten in with low scores like these? My GPA is 3.66. I do have some job experience in pharmacy as a technician at Keck USC hospital for about 6 months and have been a clinical researcher for the past 3 years.

I think I will have to retake the test and not apply... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :(
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For RC, practice with MCAT Verbal, the Princeton Review MCAT Verbal, Exam Cracker 101 passages in Verbal Reasoning.

For VA, memorize vocabulary, Kaplan vocabulary, Dr Collins, etc.

For QA, practice with more tests, Kaplan, Pearson, etc.

Hi Guys

VA 384/21
Bio 435/92
RC 365/6
QA 416/77
Chem 438/93
Composite 64

how were your scores when you were taking the practice exams ?

I'm worried about my scores I have a 3.5+ gpa and four great letters applying to uf, nova, Palm beach Atlantic, usf, lecom

Verbal 423. 82%
Bio 421 79%
Rc 392 36%
Math 390 27%
Chem 405 56%

Composite 406 59%

I'm worried about my scores I have a 3.5+ gpa and four great letters applying to uf, nova, Palm beach Atlantic, usf, lecom

Verbal 423. 82%
Bio 421 79%
Rc 392 36%
Math 390 27%
Chem 405 56%

Composite 406 59%

what did you use to study?

kaplan, princeton cracking the pcat, and i bought the 3 pearson tests, i thought i did so much better in reading comprehension than that, math i had to guess a lot because i was running out of time :(, and the math on here was a lot harder than my pearson i got a 78% on one of my pearson math sections

kaplan, princeton cracking the pcat, and i bought the 3 pearson tests, i thought i did so much better in reading comprehension than that, math i had to guess a lot because i was running out of time :(, and the math on here was a lot harder than my pearson i got a 78% on one of my pearson math sections

wow thats pretty much what my percent correct was for the 3 test. now im kinda worried :(

if you dont mind me asking what were your chem and bio averages on the practice exams?

Last edited:
Just took the PCAT today:

Verbal - 87
Bio - 79
Rc - 86
Quant - 72
Chem - 93
Composite 90

Honestly I was expecting my Bio/Quant to be higher and my Verbal/RC to be lower but I didn't manage my time well on Quant and I'm pretty sure I got lucky on some guesses with Verbal.

I was expecting around a 75 composite walking out so I was really happy when I saw that 90!!!

Midwest kid here, applying to Creighton and KU. Pulling a 3.7 GPA with some excellent pharmacy job experience and letters of reference. If I don't get in, then i'll go bio major; you can see in my score that I love Biology.
Prelim:
Verbal- 74
Bio- 95
RC- 34
Quant- 55
Chem- 72
Comp- 74

I'm very happy with these scores, if final scores stay mid 70's then I am content. I only used Kaplan 14-15 and their practice tests, I didn't feel like spending my money on the super expensive Dr. Collins stuff. Kudos to all of you with 90+ percentile, i'll drink to your great scores along with my mediocre score!

what scores were you getting in the person practice tests if you dont mind me asking? also which practice test had the most similarity to the PCAT

Just took the PCAT today:

Verbal - 87
Bio - 79
Rc - 86
Quant - 72
Chem - 93
Composite 90

Honestly I was expecting my Bio/Quant to be higher and my Verbal/RC to be lower but I didn't manage my time well on Quant and I'm pretty sure I got lucky on some guesses with Verbal.

I was expecting around a 75 composite walking out so I was really happy when I saw that 90!!!
Dang Science good job! you killed it! :heckyeah: which practice material had the most similarity?

Verbal 423. 82%
Bio 421 79%
Rc 392 36%
Math 390 27%
Chem 405 56%

Composite 406 59%
A 59 won't cut it for UF. You need a 70+ to have a chance to get an interview.

Hi Guys

VA 384/21
Bio 435/92
RC 365/6
QA 416/77
Chem 438/93
Composite 64

Just retook my PCAT again today, and I can't seem to improve my scores for RC:bang: . I should have not rushed it and retake the test in less than 2 weeks...

New scores are as follows:

VA 398/43
Bio 425/84
RC 379/17
QA 430/91
Chem 505/99
Composite 427/92

Anyhow, would I still be competitive with a RC like that?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Just retook my PCAT again today, and I can't seem to improve my scores for RC:bang: . I should have not rushed it and retake the test in less than 2 weeks...

New scores are as follows:

VA 398/43
Bio 425/84
RC 379/17
QA 430/91
Chem 505/99
Composite 427/92

Anyhow, would I still be competitive with a RC like that?

Thanks!!
you did way better than your first time so just be happy about that, I'm sure you'll be fine though, what material were you using to study the first time around?

what scores were you getting in the person practice tests if you dont mind me asking? also which practice test had the most similarity to the PCAT

Well in biology it had me at 80-100 each time... there were probably 5 or 6 questions on the real PCAT that I had narrowed down to 2 answers and apparently choose wrong

In chemistry I scored at like 70-90 or somewhere in that area on each of the tests, but honestly this was long before I finished studying Collins . My second round through collin's Chem tests
I was getting raw scores of 90-95%

In quant I took two practice tests. The first one had me at like 30-40% because I submitted my score at the 45 minute mark with 10 unanswered lol. I took another quant tests an hour later and scored 80-100 within the 45 minute limit simply by guessing on hard/long questions.

Rc/Verbal both had me somewhere around 75 percentile on the practice tests

Overall I'd say that the Pearson percentile ranks are accurate assuming you stay within the recommended time limit and even a raw score of the collins tests are pretty close to percentile rank

Last edited:
you did way better than your first time so just be happy about that, I'm sure you'll be fine though, what material were you using to study the first time around?

I just used the Dr. Collins, but I really didn't study that much. The 2nd time around I really crammed it within those two weeks.

alright guys i just finished and here is the prelim

VA- 412- 58
Bio-440- 95:soexcited:
RC-382- 20:blackeye::inpain:
QA-434- 93:horns:
Chem 438- 93:banana:
Composite= 421-- 87

i was surprise to see this. i guessed on so may for the QA at the end; it was crazy hard. now my only problem is getting accepted since my GPA is only 3.0.

VA- 412- 58
Composite= 421-- 87

i was surprise to see this. i guessed on so may for the QA at the end; it was crazy hard. now my only problem is getting accepted since my GPA is only 3.0.

What did you use for the sciences?

i mainly used Dr. Collins and pearson exams. I also used cracking pcat by princeton review and i think another called mastering pcat as a reference.

Awesome! I'm also using the TPR PCAT book. Did you find it too detailed for bio though? and also is the quant section enough?

Awesome! I'm also using the TPR PCAT book. Did you find it too detailed for bio though? and also is the quant section enough?

Bio had some random questions but i think they still had lot of "overall" questions. The biggest advice for QA is to skip whatever you have to think on and Complete the ones you are 100% sure cuz that section was hard. I still don't know how I got that score.

VA- 412- 58
Composite= 421-- 87

Great Job!!

How is my composite score higher than yours? most of your scores are better than mine... weird.

Great Job!!

How is my composite score higher than yours? most of your scores are better than mine... weird.
I'm really just guessing though, I've been trying to think of how many questions everyone gets correct to reach the 90th percentile, for example the chemistry section 430 puts you in 90%, but how many questions did these ppl get correct to get to that 90%? lol thats all I want to know :eyebrow:

I'm really just guessing though, I've been trying to think of how many questions everyone gets correct to reach the 90th percentile, for example the chemistry section 430 puts you in 90%, but how many questions did these ppl get correct to get to that 90%? lol thats all I want to know :eyebrow:
Me too.
For people who posted their preliminary scores here, can you tell us what your average raw scores and average percentile were on the pearson practice tests (if you took any)??
I missed like half of the VA problems on practice tests (very very bad--probably like 20th percentile...) and missed about 8~10 out of 48 problems on Chem and Bio subtests.
The Pearson practice test score report gives a wide range of percentile.
Does anyone know about how many problems you can miss to get 90+ percentile on each subtest???