Postdoc Invitation Thread (2021-2022)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Official Site Name: Cambridge Health Alliance
Date Invitation Received: 1/22
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal email
If & How you're staying sane: knitting
Congratulations! Which track?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Official Site Name: VA Pacific Islands
Date Invitation Received: 1/22
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Personal email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): PTSD
Interview Dates Offered: several dates

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone heard from
Captain A James Lovett Federal VA
Jesse brown va medical center

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone still waiting on Mt Sinai DBT, Hartford Hospital Adolescent Inpatient, Long Island Medical Center/Zucker Hillside Hospital Adolescent Inpatient or heard anything? My only three sites left, I'm getting antsy! My cohort mate got an invite to Hartford but for a different track, so unsure if I should count it out yet.

Also, does anyone here have familiarity with Primary Children's Hospital? I would love to DM you for info, if possible.
I interviewed at primary if you’d like to chat

• Love
Has anyone heard from cincinnati children’s hospital? Their deadline was 1/4, and I when I emailed on 1/12 to ask about the status of my application, they said they were still reviewing apps (2days before their first listed interview date...). Wondering if I should email again (would that be too eager?), give up hope, or something else. I’m also waiting on Child Focus. Ugggggh I’m so over applications and waiting for things lol

• Sad
Official Site Name: San Diego Center for Children

Date Rejection Received: Invited for interview- 01/12/2021

If & How you're staying sane: Netflix and internship

question to all! What’s your ratio of applications : interviews?
I applied to 4 sites, with 2 rotations at 3 sites and 1 rotation at 1 site- so a total of 7 out of 7, I guess? I’ve been informed that a site is interviewing me for both positions I applied to, though they haven’t sent me the official invitation request yet. So that makes a ratio of 7:7. Or 4:4 if you just consider the sites.

So much anxiety around invitations!! Cant wait for this process to be finally over! Sending good vibes to everyone this week! We got this💪🏼

Reactions: 3 users
So much anxiety around invitations!! Cant wait for this process to be finally over! Sending good vibes to everyone this week! We got this💪🏼
I am going crazy waiting on my last few sites. Finally sent a follow up email asking about my status. Here's hoping it will all be over soon!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone who applied to Cambridge Health Alliance chosen to send an email to the TD? I’m hesitant to reach out before knowing which tracks have sent formal invites.

Happy interviewing everyone !!

Update- child study and treatment center is still reviewing applications!!

• Love
Official Site Name: Miami VA
Date Invitation Received: 1/25
Method of Invitation (Phone call, personal/mass email, Snapchat): Mass email
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): Neuro-Gero
Interview Dates Offered: 2/1, 2/3, 2/5, 2/8, 2/12

Members don't see this ad :)
Official Site Name: Western State Hospital
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): N/A
Interview Dates Offered: 2/1 and 2/2

Official Site Name: UNM Fellowship in Forensic Psychology
Interview Dates Offered: 2/5, 2/8, 2/10, 2/11

Has anyone heard from cincinnati children’s hospital? Their deadline was 1/4, and I when I emailed on 1/12 to ask about the status of my application, they said they were still reviewing apps (2days before their first listed interview date...). Wondering if I should email again (would that be too eager?), give up hope, or something else. I’m also waiting on Child Focus. Ugggggh I’m so over applications and waiting for things lol
I just got a rejection from Cincinnati for peds neuro

• Care
Official Site Name: UNM Fellowship in Forensic Psychology
Interview Dates Offered: 2/5, 2/8, 2/10, 2/11
Congrats!! Would love a vibe check on this new program once you interview if you don't mind 🙏🏽

Official Site Name: Cleveland VA
Specialty Track or Site (e.g., for consortiums): SMI-PSR and SMI-CI
Interview Dates Offered: 1/29/21 and asked me to confirm if that was possible and if not, they would offer other dates/times. Also, there are open houses on 1/29 and 2/2 from 10-noon. 2/2 might be different though for the open house :)

Has anyone who applied to Cambridge Health Alliance chosen to send an email to the TD? I’m hesitant to reach out before knowing which tracks have sent formal invites.

I feel you on the hesitancy. I think I am going to send a polite email this morning -- I applied to the psychotherapy and assessment track -- and will keep you posted!

I feel you on the hesitancy. I think I am going to send a polite email this morning -- I applied to the psychotherapy and assessment track -- and will keep you posted!
I apply to the program for psychotherapy site. I emailed them as well. Good luck to both of us, fingers crossed.

Rejection from Western State Hospital. Waiting to hear back from one more site.

• Care
Hi everyone! What are some of your go to questions to ask your interviewers? I typically ask about supervision style, mentoring, strengths of the program, ect. but I would love more ideas!

-EPPP expectations and support.
-Didactics/seminars
-Information about specific rotations and populations.
-Research opportunities/ is there time allocated for research?
-do they retain fellows for faculty positions?
-covid19 related changes/ expectations for Fellowship
-Caseload per week
-benefits? ( parking, cafeteria...)

Hi everyone! What are some of your go to questions to ask your interviewers? I typically ask about supervision style, mentoring, strengths of the program, ect. but I would love more ideas!

I just interviewed with them this week

I'm a little late to the forum but I had an interview with Cincinnati last week .

Has anyone heard from or know someone who has heard from La Rabida (Child Abuse and Trauma)? Deadline was 12/31 and I feel like interviews should've gone out by now. TIA!
I'm also wondering about this one! Anyone have any news?

Anyone heard from UT health -Houston (Mcgovern)? Neuropsychology track

Ok - so if we are given an offer from a NON-UND site after an interview can we still ask our #1 site, a UND site, for a reciprocal offer? I'm still trying to figure out what to do if this great site offers a position but I have my heart set on a non-UND site. Has this been done before?

-biggest strength of the program
-the interviewers favorite thing about working there
-how psychology is received at other service lines throughout the hospital (for academic med centers and VAs)
-how is diversity training woven into the program beyond didactics
-EPPP and licensure support/preparation (study materials, admin days off to sit for exam, support with licensure in another state)
-do they retain fellows for faculty positions (expectation too stay in area after fellowship)
-COVID related changes they expect to continue/change for next year
-work life balance
-living in (insert city here) and cost of living with fellow salary
-tiered supervision training
-flexibility of training experiences

Has anyone heard from Jackson Memorial/University of Miami or USF Morsani College of f Medicine?

Thank you!

I'm also wondering about this one! Anyone have any news?
I contacted the TD yesterday and she said they're still reviewing apps and have a meeting on Wednesday. Hopefully applicants will hear one way or the other shortly thereafter.

Aaand I just realized I posted this under someone’s comment (stressed brain) I apologize for that!

Has anyone heard from Jackson Memorial/University of Miami or USF Morsani College of f Medicine?

Thank you!
Interviewing with USF Morsani College of Medicine this week for neuropsych, I got the invititation last week.

Has anyone heard from Indiana university or Henry Ford for adult neuro? Thanks!

Ok - so if we are given an offer from a NON-UND site after an interview can we still ask our #1 site, a UND site, for a reciprocal offer? I'm still trying to figure out what to do if this great site offers a position but I have my heart set on a non-UND site. Has this been done before?
I believe so but I only applied to UND sites so I don't have direct experience.

Hopefully this FAQ answers your questions. I also think your current internship TD or other staff may be good reference points as you attempt to figure out what to do.

I believe so but I only applied to UND sites so I don't have direct experience.

Hopefully this FAQ answers your questions. I also think your current internship TD or other staff may be good reference points as you attempt to figure out what to do.
The FAQ does not discuss non-UND related offers. I've reached out to various other staff but the limited staff we have did not apply to any formal post docs and turned a clinical position into their post doc. We currently only have two licensed psychologists, one being brand new (did informal) and waiting on TD's reply. I've also reached out to faculty at my graduate program as well. I was just curious if anyone of this thread, previous applicants or TD's had experience with this occurring.

The FAQ does not discuss non-UND related offers. I've reached out to various other staff but the limited staff we have did not apply to any formal post docs and turned a clinical position into their post doc. We currently only have two licensed psychologists, one being brand new (did informal) and waiting on TD's reply. I've also reached out to faculty at my graduate program as well. I was just curious if anyone of this thread, previous applicants or TD's had experience with this occurring.
The way to handle non-UND related offers is the way it is presented on the APPIC website. Presumably, the only programs offering prior to the UND are those "non-UND related offers." When you get an offer from one of those programs, and a UND program is your top choice, you are able to reach out to them to request a reciprocal offer.

If you get an offer from a non UND program and your top choice is a non UND program, nothing prevents you from reaching out to your preferred program.

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone on interviews so far! I see on the forum that Western State Hospital has sent out both invites and rejections so I'm wondering if anyone still has not yet heard from them. I've had radio silence and am wondering how much longer to wait before reaching out!

The way to handle non-UND related offers is the way it is presented on the APPIC website. Presumably, the only programs offering prior to the UND are those "non-UND related offers." When you get an offer from one of those programs, and a UND program is your top choice, you are able to reach out to them to request a reciprocal offer.

If you get an offer from a non UND program and your top choice is a non UND program, nothing prevents you from reaching out to your preferred program.
Thank you! I also discussed with my TD at internship and he said the same so that clarifies a bunch! I just don't see much discussion on this or maybe I've missed it!

Hey guys! Congrats to everyone on interviews so far! I see on the forum that Western State Hospital has sent out both invites and rejections so I'm wondering if anyone still has not yet heard from them. I've had radio silence and am wondering how much longer to wait before reaching out!
Thats kind of weird! I would suggest reaching out now, since we are nearing February. I have reached out to 2 different sites inquiring about my status, and both responded fairly quickly!

Hi everyone! If we receive a non-UND offer but can’t decide between two top ranked program, is it better to reject the offer and wait until the UND day or at least request a UND offer from a program? I apologize if I sound silly 😞

Not sure if this is true for every site, but at one site I interviewed at (UND site), they went into detail to us all about offers. They stated we could ask for a reciprocal offer if we received an offer from a non UND site, but that we could also contact them and not ask for a reciprocal offer, but to see where we were on their list, approximately. Not sure if all sites function in that way but if you receive a non UND offer and you are concerned about asking for a reciprocal offer since it must be accepted if offered, that might be another way to figure out where you stand, roughly.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users