Postponed release date?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dudeliness

hi
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here I was thinking my app had already been released to schools (aacomas app says "released 6/14") but every time I click on the view link to see the PDF of my completed app with GPA and all it says, "Sorry file could not be found at this time". I know many of you have the same thing going on.
I emailed aacomas to ask when my app will be released to schools and when the PDF will be available to view and this is the response I got from Ian Vickers:
"
Ian Vickers
Today 9:17 AMThere's a delay in the release and the dates will appear shortly after being released.
Thank you.

Anyone know what's going on?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, this is the case for everyone...my message from the vickster said that grades would be available today (though that might be for people who were 'released' on 6/14, or for everyone who's released-not sure)

Anyway...mine still reads the same thing

I was verified last week and was expecting for my app to be released this week, but it wasn't :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
I was verified last week and was expecting for my app to be released this week, but it wasn't :thumbdown:

Mine didn't change to "released" showing the date until later in the day. Maybe check again later today.

So have any applications actually been released yet?

So have any applications actually been released yet?

Not sure. Ive been verified since 6/7 and nothing has been released at all. Do I need my mcat score in to have it released?

Yeah, this is the case for everyone...my message from the vickster said that grades would be available today (though that might be for people who were 'released' on 6/14, or for everyone who's released-not sure)

Anyway...mine still reads the same thing
Ha ha ha! The vickster! I seriously have though of the same nickname for him. He's getting to be infamous on sdn this cycle.

Good to know I'm not the only one in this situation. I just wanna start filling out secondaries ya know?

Would be nice to receive an official word on this matter...

I was verified on Monday (June 18th) and this was the message I received:

"Your AACOMAS application has been verified and will be released to the colleges.

All newly verified applications and any application updates that are completed by Tuesday morning are sent once a week, on Tuesday morning and made available to the colleges on Wednesday. You will not see the release date of your application for a few days (until approximately Thursday afternoon) to allow time for the colleges to download the application/data. Please note, the colleges have varying schedules for downloading and acting upon applications."

So presuming that this is correct, the applications were released on Tuesday and we should see it show up either today or tomorrow.

But I'm sure the people that were verified on the 14th got the same message so who knows...

I was verified on Monday (June 18th) and this was the message I received:

"Your AACOMAS application has been verified and will be released to the colleges.

All newly verified applications and any application updates that are completed by Tuesday morning are sent once a week, on Tuesday morning and made available to the colleges on Wednesday. You will not see the release date of your application for a few days (until approximately Thursday afternoon) to allow time for the colleges to download the application/data. Please note, the colleges have varying schedules for downloading and acting upon applications."

So presuming that this is correct, the applications were released on Tuesday and we should see it show up either today or tomorrow.

Yeah, that's definitely how it's supposed to happen. Unfortunately, those of us with release dates of "06/14" are still unable to view our applications, making us question whether they were even released in the first place.

Yeah, that's definitely how it's supposed to happen. Unfortunately, those of us with release dates of "06/14" are still unable to view our applications, making us question whether they were even released in the first place.

So much for applying early I guess....:(

Members don't see this ad :)
yep, the AACOMAS side is done, so we're just waiting for the schools to download their first batch... Should have done this today, but there does seem to be a delay on their side.

I know, all you accepted premeds of 2016 and med students reading this thread are shaking their heads at our impatience...but it won't stop our neuroticism from overblowing this delay!!

DOWNLOAD OUR APPS! haha

:boom:

So much for applying early I guess....:(

What? Relax guys. I know the cycle is incredibly stressful, I am nearing the end of the last cycle. But you guys will still be some of the first applicants with ALL seats being available for Fall 2013. Can't say that for those submitting their primary months from now... They will be competing for fewer and fewer seats.

Goosfraba, everyone.

What? Relax guys. I know the cycle is incredibly stressful, I am nearing the end of the last cycle. But you guys will still be some of the first applicants with ALL seats being available for Fall 2013. Can't say that for those submitting their primary months from now... They will be competing for fewer and fewer seats.

Goosfraba, everyone.

+1. I for one am happy about the delay. More time to work on secondaries :thumbup:

This means that the schools haven't received anyones app this cycle? or just for this week?

yep, the AACOMAS side is done, so we're just waiting for the schools to download their first batch... Should have done this today, but there does seem to be a delay on their side.

I know, all you accepted premeds of 2016 and med students reading this thread are shaking their heads at our impatience...but it won't stop our neuroticism from overblowing this delay!!

DOWNLOAD OUR APPS! haha

:boom:

:laugh: We understand, and we also know that this is just a small wait compared to more taxing waits that will come your way.

Goosfraba, everyone.

There was sarcasm intended by my statement. But I know I am being impatient right now but I can't help it lol...

There was sarcasm intended by my statement. But I know I am being impatient right now but I can't help it lol...

I understand... I was in your shoes a year ago.
:cool:

Are you prewriting everything?

It's a good idea to prewrite as much as you can. Once you start getting secondaries it doesn't take long for a trickle to turn into a steady flow if not flash flood. Remember the quicker you return the secondary the quicker your file will be reviewed, granted you have your letters in as well (except LECOM, they dot require letters for interview invites).

Goosfraba, everyone.

I understand that. However, I can't schedule a committee meeting at my school until I have a copy of my completed application. Summary doesn't cut it =/

Glad they haven't been released yet. :)

I still haven't been verified, so I won't be late.

wow..well now im glad i didnt stress myself out and rush to get it out the first week in june like i wanted. i just submitted it today and i guess i wont be too far behind the first people who submitted. thats not really fair to the early birds though, the schools should have let people know or been more prepared.

Just signed into AACOMAS and all my schools say "submitted" even though they said "released 6/14" before today. They're probably working on the problem now, if there is a problem.

Same here...back to only submitted. No released date...

Boo

Last edited:
complete in August = late? :confused:

Boo. we've gone backwards... :(

whats going on now? somethings changed on my aacomas now. i think the schools have downloaded the apps

My application got verified today! Hopefully they work out the problems by next week so they can be released/downloaded.

Does anyone know where you can view the verified GPA? I can't find it.

My application got verified today! Hopefully they work out the problems by next week so they can be released/downloaded.

Does anyone know where you can view the verified GPA? I can't find it.

I believe you will be able to see it once the app has been released.

for those asking about seeing your GPA, heres the complete answer...

you submit to AACOMAS, You get verified, the following tuesday your app gets released to your schools. Then, usually wed or thurs, your schools upload your app to start checkin you out...when that happens, you can then see what the schools upload, including your GPA which is on the front page.

This is the process and is normally underway by now, but for some unknown reason, AACOMAS has said that there is a delay (I've called them and they won't give specifics).

It seems that all of us who have had our apps released on 6/14 (the first release date) didn't really get our apps released...my status has gone back to submitted to AACOMAS. so, hopefully this tues they'll be re released and by thurs or friday we'll see our GPA.

I think the Vick is trying to get into my head...well played Ian.

So for some of the of schools I applied to earlier than others, my application said they were released on 6/14, but logging in today, the release dates were all gone and just says "submitted to aacomas." Is this the glitch/delay that's going on? Anyone else have this happen to them? I don't know how you can release the apps to schools and then not have them released.

So for some of the of schools I applied to earlier than others, my application said they were released on 6/14, but logging in today, the release dates were all gone and just says "submitted to aacomas." Is this the glitch/delay that's going on? Anyone else have this happen to them? I don't know how you can release the apps to schools and then not have them released.

Read the previous posts in this thread. It sounds like there is a delay with the schools not wanting the apps just yet.

I'm in the same boat as all the other 6/14 release date people. My guess is that the med schools really aren't ready yet for this cycle of applications to begin. It typically takes 6 weeks for AACOMAS to verify apps and alot of ours got verified in less than a week. If the schools weren't expecting the 1st batch of apps until mid july then June 14th would've been pretty early. At this point the school admins are still busy tying up loose ends for the class of 2016 before they can start looking at us, class of 2017 (I hope!). This is my 2nd application cycle so I went through this waiting game last year too. I just hope that those of us who did get our apps submitted early won't get skipped over...the early bird really does get the worm in this rat race!

I'm in the same boat as the rest of you. I've tried contacting AACOMAS without success.

In my opinion this is very unprofessional. Not the delay itself -- accidents/unexpected events happen all the time -- but the lack of an official communication/update, especially considering how we dished over a considerable amount of money for these applications.

I'm in the same boat as all the other 6/14 release date people. My guess is that the med schools really aren't ready yet for this cycle of applications to begin. It typically takes 6 weeks for AACOMAS to verify apps and alot of ours got verified in less than a week. If the schools weren't expecting the 1st batch of apps until mid july then June 14th would've been pretty early. At this point the school admins are still busy tying up loose ends for the class of 2016 before they can start looking at us, class of 2017 (I hope!). This is my 2nd application cycle so I went through this waiting game last year too. I just hope that those of us who did get our apps submitted early won't get skipped over...the early bird really does get the worm in this rat race!

Word

So what do you guys think? Released next tuesday?