This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

medschool342

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So my practice test scores have been improving on a nice upward trend until NextStep FL 3.
This test I got 503 total, 125 C/P, 125 CARS (v unusual for me), 126 Bio, and 127 Psych/Soc.

I have posted a pic of my other scores. I am hoping that this is just a hard test and was a fluke and that after 2 or 3 days of content review this will not be a problem. I also am finding that I am struggling to finish the C/P section on time.
My test is 6/29 and I am hoping for at least a 510. Looking for some encouragement, reassurance and advice, since I am a terrible worry wart when it comes to exams.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 4.23.35 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 4.23.35 AM.png
    115 KB · Views: 233
So my practice test scores have been improving on a nice upward trend until NextStep FL 3.
This test I got 503 total, 125 C/P, 125 CARS (v unusual for me), 126 Bio, and 127 Psych/Soc.

I have posted a pic of my other scores. I am hoping that this is just a hard test and was a fluke and that after 2 or 3 days of content review this will not be a problem. I also am finding that I am struggling to finish the C/P section on time.
My test is 6/29 and I am hoping for at least a 510. Looking for some encouragement, reassurance and advice, since I am a terrible worry wart when it comes to exams.

I wouldn't fret about a third party outlier. Get your timing down, resist the worry wart instinct to obsess over questions you "might" be able to figure out and move on. I struggle with this myself, but when I do stick to the plan and move forward I find there are two benefits: 1) low hanging fruit at the end (easy discretes) 2) reduced activation of sympathetic nervous system/lowered cortisol levels which are beneficial for the rest of the section/test.

You've got a few weeks to hit the AAMC material hard. go forth and conquer!