This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

jha99

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi! I'm an incoming student at UW. I've known I wanted to be pre-med for the longest time and that's still a decision that I want to pursue regardless of the difficulty. Recently I attended advising and orientation and discovered the concept of curves. Intro stem courses at UW are usually curved to a B-, or C+ average based on the class performance. I wasn't aware of this and wanted to know if I should just attend CC and transfer into UW later. That way I'd complete most of my pre-med requirements. Transfer in directly to UW and take upper level bio courses which have higher curves. What should I do? Should I risk my career path and attend as a freshman or transfer in?
 
Curving science courses to a ~80 median is not too bad at all, that's very manageable. I would not give up half the university experience just to try and dodge that curve in a few prereq classes. I'd go right to UW and just be ready to work very hard for those few classes.