Aug 19, 2017
Hi! I'm an incoming student at UW. I've known I wanted to be pre-med for the longest time and that's still a decision that I want to pursue regardless of the difficulty. Recently I attended advising and orientation and discovered the concept of curves. Intro stem courses at UW are usually curved to a B-, or C+ average based on the class performance. I wasn't aware of this and wanted to know if I should just attend CC and transfer into UW later. That way I'd complete most of my pre-med requirements. Transfer in directly to UW and take upper level bio courses which have higher curves. What should I do? Should I risk my career path and attend as a freshman or transfer in?

efle

not an elf
5+ Year Member
Apr 6, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Curving science courses to a ~80 median is not too bad at all, that's very manageable. I would not give up half the university experience just to try and dodge that curve in a few prereq classes. I'd go right to UW and just be ready to work very hard for those few classes.

Reactions: 1 users
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads