Pre-Pharmacy 2023 UofT

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by DeRozanPharmD2023, Mar 13, 2018.

1. DeRozanPharmD2023

Pre-Pharmacy
    Good Afternoon Folks,

I have a 3.39 cGPA. I've only done 3 semesters in university. In my first 2 two semesters I had a 3.94 GPA.

Basically I have a few more courses I need like ORGO 1 and 2 as well as thermodynamics so that I can apply to pharmacy school. I'm hoping to get into Leslie Dan.

Just wondering how realistic is it if I do decently in the rest of my prerequisites as well as the PCAT that I'll be accepted? My cGPA will probably be 3.5+, or even higher if I put my head down and grind. As well I don't have much volunteer experience but I do have quite of bit of experience working in the trades and security for the government and private oil companies.

Cheers,

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jackie Moon

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    you can get an interview with a 3.5+, i would try and get it up to a 3.7 to be competitive although I know of some people who have had a cGPA below 3.5 and get accepted. And volunteering doesn't matter too much for UofT

4. BC_89

2+ Year Member

No one told you about the lower tier gpa bandwagon that’s taken Pharmacy by storm. You absolutely no way need a 3.5 to be considered competitive.

If it has nothing to do with sub-specialty pharmacy (if it can be called that) stop with the idea of shadowing. You need to “work” as a technician in outpatient. Pay a fee to your state capital and get fingerprinted and there you go: you have state licensure.

That working is for “you” to know with strong certainty that pharmacy is for you. Don’t you dare go into a career goal blindly. Especially with pharmacy - current - situation.

5. Sincerely Sapphire

Pharmacy Student
    On a lighter note... I agree your GPA is beautiful. Nowadays getting into pharamcy school isn't the hardest thing in the world. I would say that having some sort of experience like shadowing a few times, or working as a cashier in an independent pharmacy is a good idea. And that's really Just so you have something to say in your interviews about pharmacy. Because anything that you see at the pre-pharm level wont have anything on how much you actually begin to learn about the different areas of pharmacy, once you're actually in pharmacy school.

If you want the name of some pharmacy student youtubers that I find helpful, let me know. I'll give you some specific names.

GodIsBeautiful likes this.