This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prepharm21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if it looks bad if I take the human physiology prereq at a different university for my pre-pharmacy courses as an undergraduate. The reason I am thinking about taking it at another university is because I have already went to the course at my university and the same professor teaches it every semester and I can tell I don't learn from so I didn't end up taking the course with him. I have also talked with many classmates and they told me do not take it with him. I am also going to be taking organic chemistry which I struggle with. Will pharmacy schools care that I took that course at a different university? Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

It shouldn't matter; I have transcripts from 6 different schools, with at least one pre-req coming from each of them.

I would think that the only thing that may cause a second glance would be if you're taking the class at a two-year college, while the rest of your courses are at a four-year university. Just because then it *may* seem like you're looking for an easier version of it.

Are you taking the second half of a two-semester sequence at the other school?

It shouldn't matter; I have transcripts from 6 different schools, with at least one pre-req coming from each of them.

I would think that the only thing that may cause a second glance would be if you're taking the class at a two-year college, while the rest of your courses are at a four-year university. Just because then it *may* seem like you're looking for an easier version of it.

No I was just going to take one course at the other university which is not a community college because I am taking the rest at the university I currently attend.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm graduating from university A in December and finishing my pre-reqs at university B in the spring. Don't see how this would look bad. The point is that you made it work and got all your pre-reqs done!

"Easier version of it" I don't think that they look at community colleges like that. Some of us took all our classes at Community college. They have proffesors with pHDs there. Taking classes at a CC is wise becoz its half tuiton there!!

I'm graduating from university A in December and finishing my pre-reqs at university B in the spring. Don't see how this would look bad. The point is that you made it work and got all your pre-reqs done!
Ok thanks I just wasn't sure if they would ask my about it like bringing it up in an interview or something.