**Pre-Pharmacy's Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Schools applied to:

University of Minnesota - TC - Interview on 2/7
Colorado - Interview on March
SUNY - Buffalo - Interview on 2/28
Cincinnati - Interview on ??? - Trying to change date
Midwestern Glendale - Accepted
Ohio State University - waiting...
UMichigan- waiting...

GPA: 3.1
sGPA: 3.2 - D in organic chem 2....lol
PCAT: 98% composite

Members don't see this ad.

Applied to: Belmont (1st choice)
Mail out date: 12/30/13
Notification date: 1/7/14
Interview date: 1/17/14
Accepted status: Accepted!!!
Residency: N/A
Experience: CPhT, Pharm Tech since April 2013, 10 years non-profit/social work experience, lots of volunteer experience, Nashville native
GPA: 3.7
PCAT: 59

I applied to one school which was LECOM at Bradenton. I am limited on my choices because I have disabled family members I need to be close to and help care for. I was going to go to USF but I will be a graduate at USF after this semester and I need a change. I applied in October interviewed November and accepted three days later. My cgpa is 3.4. Sgpa 3.? Still taking sciences courses this semester. Pcat I did not take because of my degree level I was excused except I had to perform a written essay on the day of my interview. I have hospital and closed pharmacy experience. Good luck to everyone.

Hi MLH;
I want to share with you that I read your post and it made me feel excited. I applied January the 1st, and just last friday Pharmacas released my application so I am waiting now to hear from LECOM. I hope to get accepted like you. Perhaps we can meet later on ;-)

Damarys Padilla

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys!

Schools applied too:
University of Incarnate Word- Interviewed 12/06/13 and was accepted
University of Texas - Interviewed on 01/25/14
Texas A&M Kingsville - Interviewed on 01/30/14
University of Houston - No interview =(

I accepted UIW but I am really hoping to hear back from UT in the next few weeks...

Anyways,
cum GPA: 3.76
Sci GPA: 3.45
PCAT: 78%

School applied to:
Roseman University of Health Sciences College of Pharmacy Utah campus - Interviewed Feb 6th and was accepted

Cum GPA: 3.9
Science GPA: 4.0
PCAT: 92 percentile

Applied to the only 3 North Carolina Pharmacy Schools: Wingate, Campbell, and UNC

Science GPA: 3.45
Math GPA: 4.0
Non-Science GPA: 3.68
Overall GPA: 3.57
PCAT: 90
Pharm Tech: 6 months

I completed most prereqs in a community college and graduated with an Associate's Degree and GPA of 3.81

I also finished my Bachelor's of Science in Biology with minors in Chemistry, Psychology, and Forensic Science with a GPA of 3.31

Got accepted to all 3 schools AND for Campbell they offered me a $30k scholarship for my first year and a $10k scholarship my second year.

Going to UNC :soexcited:

Applied to University of South Florida and University of Florida

USF
Interviewed:
1/29
Accepted: 2/19

UF
Interviewed:
2/20

USF so far is definitely my number once choice. They definitely impressed me during the interview process!

Cum GPA: 3.3
Science GPA: 3.4
PCAT: 83 composite
EC's: Various volunteering jobs in both retail and clinical settings

Still no response from VCU...and this was my number 1 choice. Well I'll be a pharmacy student next year regardless. Good luck guys.

Yay!!!!! Got an interview invite for my top choice yesterday. VCU 3/22. I have my backup, but I'm hoping I get in.

3 for 3
University of Oklahoma accepted, but declined.
Shenandoah University, accepted will decline in favor of VCU.

Need some suggestions or advice on what to do...

interviewed at PCP (Philadelphia College of Pharmacy) on 1/17, interview went well.
I haven't heard anything from them and it's been over 5 weeks, where at the interview they said I would hear in 1-2 weeks.
I've emailed and called asking about the status of my application, but have gotten no response and no return phone call.

I've also had three other interviews, and three acceptances from:
University of New England
University of Saint Joseph
Mass College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences - Worcester

I need to make a decision about MCPHS by friday, so I would like to know whether I've been accepted/declined either way.
What should I do?

Stats:
Cum GPA: 3.6
Science GPA: 3.65
PCAT: 92

School Applied to: 12
PharmCAS mail-out date: 10/9

Interview dates: 10/28 at University of St. Joseph - app put on hold (WTF)
11/15 at UB - accepted
Jan at Touro & LIU - accepted at both
2/1 at UCSF - waiting to hear back
2/8 at UCSD - accepted, planning on going here (even if I get into UCSF, lol)
2/20 at UF St. Pete - accepted
GPA (science, overall): 357
PCAT score: 94th percentile
Volunteered at Hospital Pharmacy and worked at Duane Reade (retail)

Applied to one school Roseman
Interviewed 2/11
Accepted 2/24
3.6 GPA
3.4 Sci GPA
PCAT low

Members don't see this ad :)
From submission to interview..less than a week.

From interview to acceptance....Saturday interview, accepted that Tuesday.
At Ashburn campus? mine has been a week and I haven't heard anything. The waiting is killing me

At Ashburn campus? mine has been a week and I haven't heard anything. The waiting is killing me
Winchester campus. This was back in November though, it could be taking longer if they are reviewing other applicants again. Good luck, don't stress.

I applied to only 2 schools: UF- St. Pete and LECOM Bradenton

Heard Back from them both very quickly. I didn't have my PHARMCAS mailed out until mid-February but I received an interview invite from both of them within a week.

Interviewed at LECOM on 2/27 and accepted the next Monday
Interviewed at UF on 3/21 and accepted the next tuesday.

Both my science and overall GPA were 3.65
PCAT: 90

But what really sold me, I think is my combined 7 years (Full-time) of pharmacy experience in Retail, Compounding, and LTC.

I will be attending UF in the Fall.

Do these schools have a minimum 3.0 to apply? If its a 2.5 or 2.7 min u have a good chance. I would harp on those five years of volunteer if i were u. Good luck tho, and stay confident! Im applyin with a 2.83 but i know i have a good shot to get in. Ur stats are avg so as long as ur essay shows passion and or exudes confidence u have an avg shot. Im below avg and im no longer worried thank God

Where did you get into pharmacy school with those stats? And what was your PCAT score? Please, share. :) Thank you!

Can you share where you eventually got in? What was your PCAT score?

Here are my stats (finally)
Current GPA = 2.9 (which is know will be above 3.0 after this fall
6 months of pharmacy experience
5 years of volunteer work (not in pharmacy though :( ) Oh well
I've gotten A's and B's in all prerequisite courses.

All ive got left is to retake the PCAT in January
and to finish up my essay (which is taking forever)

Frankly i know i dont have a very good chance to get in so thats why Im currently applying only to a few schools (UNI. MD Baltimore, Shenandoah, Notre Dame, and maybe Howard ( Howard is requiring Biochemistry now, so I'm still undecided about them).

My stats are a very similar to yours and it has me very upset. Can you share where you applied, where you got in and what school you attend? I always say, GPA cannot be the determining factor. Can you also share what your personal statement entailed? Thank you!

With only that information it is really hard to say. I was accepted today to Mercer in GA as a regular applicant with the following ugly (pharmcas) stats:

2.9 cum
2.41 science (200+ credits, 3.8 last two years)
96 PCAT (99 bio, 93 quant, 91 reading, 81 chem, 78 verbal)
5 years as a tech at CVS (2 as "lead")
6 months organ transplant hosp pharm tech
1,000+ volunteer hours
Many leadership positions in E.C.s
Current fosterer for Boston Terrier Rescue of Florida

Raw numbers don't tell the whole story...

I am also interviewing at Belmont in TN October 11th.

Good luck everyone! We've fought really hard for this!

This only means that the school has not yet entered their decision into AADSAS