**Pre-Pharmacy's Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JuT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi y'all,
I think it's time to start a thread for 2013-2014 Pharmacy applicants! :love:
~~Best of luck to y'all: Class of 2018~~~

School Applied to:
PharmCAS mail-out date:
Notification date:
Method of notification:
Interview date:
Acceptance Status:
Residency:
Experiences/other:
GPA (science, overall)
PCAT score:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, thanx for starting this =)

These are my condition:
I am entering my third year of Biology. My GPA cumulative is 3.78 and my pre-requisite GPA is also the same. I did volunteer work at one the genetics laboratory at the university for about one year. I also volunteered for people with disability at a local organization for about 6 months. lastly I applied to become an academic advisor and I was accepted, so I will be doing that during my third year. For the pharmacy experience, I shadowed a pharmacist at one the shoppers in the city and did around 60 hours.

Do you think I would be a strong candidate ???
I really want to enter the pharmacy at Waterloo but I am scared that I dont have enough volunteer and pharmacy experience

Any advise from anyone would be great help=)

Members don't see this ad :)
U're very welcome :) can't wait to hear from everyone!

These are my condition:
I am entering my third year of Biology. My GPA cumulative is 3.78 and my pre-requisite GPA is also the same. I did volunteer work at one the genetics laboratory at the university for about one year. I also volunteered for people with disability at a local organization for about 6 months. lastly I applied to become an academic advisor and I was accepted, so I will be doing that during my third year. For the pharmacy experience, I shadowed a pharmacist at one the shoppers in the city and did around 60 hours.

Do you think I would be a strong candidate ???
I really want to enter the pharmacy at Waterloo but I am scared that I dont have enough volunteer and pharmacy experience

Any advise from anyone would be great help=)

Idk much about Waterloo but someone else in here would know. I think ur stats are great! get a good PCAT score and u'll gets accept to somewhere :)

I'm just waiting on one more LOR and then I can submit my application!

I'm applying to U of MN, U of TN, U of IA, U of SC, and Purdue. My GPA is 3.5 and composite PCAT of 84. I feel pretty confident I'll get into one of them.

I'm applying to U of MN, U of TN, U of IA, U of SC, and Purdue. My GPA is 3.5 and composite PCAT of 84. I feel pretty confident I'll get into one of them.

I am pretty sure u will! :) I am anxiously waiting for one more LOR too before I e-submit my application. My cumulative is 3.69 and science is around 3.8. I haven't taken PCAT yet, but will do this Sept. How did u study for ur pcat?? PCAT 84 composite :eek:

I am pretty sure u will! :) I am anxiously waiting for one more LOR too before I e-submit my application. My cumulative is 3.69 and science is around 3.8. I haven't taken PCAT yet, but will do this Sept. How did u study for ur pcat?? PCAT 84 composite :eek:

I somehow got a 99 in chemistry, because I got 50-60s in the rest of the sections and it bumped by composite to an 84. I bought 3 study books and the Pearson on-line tests and studied for about 2 months between the end of the semester and the July PCAT.

Nice science GPA! I got A's in chemistry, so I'm hoping it makes up for my horrible Physics grades which dragged my GPA down. (Good thing chemistry is a LOT more important than physics.)

I somehow got a 99 in chemistry, because I got 50-60s in the rest of the sections and it bumped by composite to an 84. I bought 3 study books and the Pearson on-line tests and studied for about 2 months between the end of the semester and the July PCAT.

Nice science GPA! I got A's in chemistry, so I'm hoping it makes up for my horrible Physics grades which dragged my GPA down. (Good thing chemistry is a LOT more important than physics.)

Thanks!! I only slept for 2 hrs each day and studying everywhere I go even to the bathroom to get that science GPA ahaha. No worries, u'll do fine. U'll get accept to either one of ur school's choices with that PCAT score and overall stats. :) The only thing I am worries about on my application is the PCAT score. I just literally started studying a week ago. :rolleyes:

Thanks!! I only slept for 2 hrs each day and studying everywhere I go even to the bathroom to get that science GPA ahaha. No worries, u'll do fine. U'll get accept to either one of ur school's choices with that PCAT score and overall stats. :) The only thing I am worries about on my application is the PCAT score. I just literally started studying a week ago. :rolleyes:

Assuming you actually retained the information in your science classes and didn't just cram, I'm sure you will be fine. :) If you already have taken all of your pre-reqs, you really just need a refresher. Be sure you are timing yourself on the math section - everyone I know said they ran out of time on that section and sure enough, I did too. (I always was within the time limit on practice tests, but I guess it's the stress of wanting to make sure you take your time so you don't do silly mistakes like addition errors.)

I still can't figure out why I'm even having to take it! :laugh:

I sadly had to take physics 1 and 2 for my biology major, but I have NO IDEA how it applies to pharmacy in any way, shape, or form. I've seen some pharmacy schools that don't require it....so hopefully they will just forget about that section of my transcript.

Assuming you actually retained the information in your science classes and didn't just cram, I'm sure you will be fine. :) If you already have taken all of your pre-reqs, you really just need a refresher. Be sure you are timing yourself on the math section - everyone I know said they ran out of time on that section and sure enough, I did too. (I always was within the time limit on practice tests, but I guess it's the stress of wanting to make sure you take your time so you don't do silly mistakes like addition errors.)

Thanks for the advices! :) I literally got worn out from studying. Now that it's hard for me to concentrate on studying for the pcat, more of like procrastination at its best. Hope I can pull this through lol feeling anxious. :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone that have submitted. Did you guys heard anything from the school????

Anyone that have submitted. Did you guys heard anything from the school????
I dont think they are sending out any breaking news yet. Ive gotten a couple of email from schools I applied saying that they have received my application and to go ahead and submit my supplemental. That is what I am doing right now. I should have all supplementals submitted by end of week and then start playing the waiting game.

Pharmcas hasn't mail out my application yet, but one school emailed said they have received my application.

~Best of luck to everyone~

Lets hope kaidou :xf: I am not applying for early decision since my #1 choice does not offer that.

no I mean as early as september.. I've read many previous year schools posts..and many of them were start hearing from september.. so we will see

hmm, I thought we could still e-submit our application even though were waiting on one more LOR? That's what I did yesterday cause I wanted to send mine earlier than the early decision date lol.

hmm, I thought we could still e-submit our application even though were waiting on one more LOR? That's what I did yesterday cause I wanted to send mine earlier than the early decision date lol.

Yes, you can.

I know it depends on the school, but around when do non early decision interviews go out. Ive seen some school send them as early as September. Is that common?

here's a little update. i got an interview invitation from LECOM-B on 10/17. i have also acquired info that some schools are about to call for interviews too.

Last edited:
here's a little update. i got an interview invitation from LECOM-B on 10/17. i have also acquired info that some schools are about to call for interviews too.

Congrats!! :thumbup:

Congrats!

Congrats!! :thumbup:

Congrats!! And good luck!

Thank you! let me add sugar on my comment, I have called couple more schools right after I had received that invitation. Both of them were already under review of those applications..so we should start hearing from schools pretty soon. Probably the only reason that I got a call already (even though I'm not an ED) is that I applied extremely early. Good luck to you all, and I hope the rest of this year goes smooth and well for us.

Pharmcas hasn't mail out my application yet, but one school emailed said they have received my application.

~Best of luck to everyone~

This same thing happened to me. Pharmcas said mine hasn't been mailed, but U of TN and U of MN both e-mailed me saying they received mine and I've even sent out the supplemental for MN already (I applied to 5 schools total).

Thank you! let me add sugar on my comment, I have called couple more schools right after I had received that invitation. Both of them were already under review of those applications..so we should start hearing from schools pretty soon. Probably the only reason that I got a call already (even though I'm not an ED) is that I applied extremely early. Good luck to you all, and I hope the rest of this year goes smooth and well for us.

Thanks for the heads up Kaidou! You were right!

hey congrat. i saw urs on another one in Nashville. i got invitation from Belmont today and i'm again surprised...

Yeah I am continuously getting surprised every week as well. I have normal/average stats so I was not expecting much.

Yeah I am continuously getting surprised every week as well. I have normal/average stats so I was not expecting much.

in other words, we might be in same school or either in same area ;)
hope to see you at one interview by any chance..

anyways, good luck on rest of your schools too!

I'm waiting on my top priorities schools such as UNC, Pacific Oregon, or UofHouston.

Is anyone applying Early Decision, I just sent mine to University of Maryland. ??

despite my below avg science GPA and PCAT english section scores, i already have 3 invitations so far. this reminds me of how important PS and extracurricular activities and supplemental essays. if you havent turned in app yet, make sure to do your best on those!

I'm waiting to hear from Belmont! Did they notify you by phone or email? Now I'm nervous that I haven't heard!

despite my below avg science GPA and PCAT english section scores, i already have 3 invitations so far. this reminds me of how important PS and extracurricular activities and supplemental essays. if you havent turned in app yet, make sure to do your best on those!

Wow, congrats! Who are the invites from?

I'm waiting to hear from Belmont! Did they notify you by phone or email? Now I'm nervous that I haven't heard!

Hey, unless you haven't received email saying 'you've comepleted belmont applications' through email, you should get that too!
yes, I got it by email.

Wow, congrats! Who are the invites from?

thanks a lot! so far, I've gotten invitations from Belmont, ETSU, and LECOM (FL). Looks like I'm very Tennessee friendly lol (I used to stationed at TN so that might be a little plus).

I'm not sure if I got that email.. I paid the $50 and did the short little supplemental app.. hopefully I didn't miss something. oh and by the way what did u do in the army? I just got out of the air force!

thanks a lot! so far, I've gotten invitations from Belmont, ETSU, and LECOM (FL). Looks like I'm very Tennessee friendly lol (I used to stationed at TN so that might be a little plus).[/QUOTE]

Haha very cool! Good luck!

I'm not sure if I got that email.. I paid the $50 and did the short little supplemental app.. hopefully I didn't miss something. oh and by the way what did u do in the army? I just got out of the air force!

I'm currently at Ft. Bragg, NC. I've been working as pharmacy tec for 4 years.. and I'm glad I chose this job instead of special ops that they offered on my job training due to my original background ;)

you know Belmont will be free for us, right? yellow ribbon covers 100% of tuition.

anyways,

I got this email when application was completed.

Dear kaidou:

Thank you for submitting the credentials needed to begin the review of your application file. For now, we have everything we need to consider providing you an opportunity to interview for admission.

The Admissions Committee will review your credentials in the next few days to determine if you will be invited to continue the application process and come to campus for a personal interview during one of our upcoming interview days. We will be in touch when their review is complete.

We appreciate your interest in the College of Pharmacy at Belmont University.

If you have any questions regarding your application file, please do not hesitate to contact me by email or phone.

Sincerely,
Ginger Hooper
Program Assistant
615-460-8122

P.S. In the meantime, you might be interested in joining our Facebook Fan Page at facebook.com/BelmontCoP, following us on Twitter at twitter.com/belmontchs or subscribing to our pharmacy blog at forum.belmont.edu/health.

and if your app is incomplete, then you should've got the mail saying 'your application is incomplete).

double check your email..including spam and trash.

Wait, so schools are already sending out interviews for regular admission applicants? I received my interview last month, but I am an early decision applicant. I didn't think schools reviewed regular admission applicants until late fall.

Wait, so schools are already sending out interviews for regular admission applicants? I received my interview last month, but I am an early decision applicant. I didn't think schools reviewed regular admission applicants until late fall.

rolling admission means they start reviewing as soon as they receive complete application.

Nope I didn't get that email.... My app was mailed Aug 28th. I'm worried it went to my spam, and if that's the case then it's long gone! It's only been 10 days so I'll be patient, but it still seems like I should have received a notification email like that by now.

Yeah isn't the yellow ribbon program awesome! That's my first choice school, partly because of that HUGE incentive! I'm sure the schools are loving your pharmacy tech experience. I was stationed overseas my whole enlistment as an F-16 mechanic. Not to bad, but nothing to do with being a pharmacist!

Last edited:

Check ur "important mail box." They might send it as an important mail.

Nope I didn't get that email.... My app was mailed Aug 28th. I'm worried it went to my spam, and if that's the case then it's long gone! It's only been 10 days so I'll be patient, but it still seems like I should have received a notification email like that by now.

Yeah isn't the yellow ribbon program awesome! That's my first choice school, partly because of that HUGE incentive! I'm sure the schools are loving your pharmacy tech experience. I was stationed overseas my whole enlistment as an F-16 mechanic. Not to bad, but nothing to do with being a pharmacist!

my best advice is to call belmont pharmacy admin office..
STAT!

I def. will on Monday. I hate to bother and inquire about my app.. but I need to make sure they at least received it!!! I'll keep you posted :)

How long does PharmCas take to mail your application once you e-submit??