**Pre-Pharmacy's Official Interview/Acceptance/Rejection Thread 2013-2014**

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
i submitted my transcript long time ago and i am waiting for my professor to write my letter of recommendation and to finish my personal statement as well. but UT-Austin's deadline is nov 1...so im debating rather to have them on my destination list.... bc i wouldnt be able to finish all of my stuff until my fall break around oct 17

I think as long as you e submit your PharmCAS and send in your supplements before November 1st, it's okay if they don't get it right away. Submitting October 17th seems fine. That's not late at all. You are technically submitting early still since most schools don't have deadlines until January or so.

Members don't see this ad.

I think as long as you e submit your PharmCAS and send in your supplements before November 1st, it's okay if they don't get it right away. Submitting October 17th seems fine. That's not late at all. You are technically submitting early still since most schools don't have deadlines until January or so.

i guess you're right. worst case scenario is paying extra 60 bucks

got my first acceptance! it feels surreal right.

Members don't see this ad :)
I e-submitted my PharmCAS on September 7th and it was verified on September 18th. All of my supplemental applications were sent by the end of September.

I'm from Texas and I've applied to pretty much all the TX pharmacy schools plus one out of state. I got my first interview invite from Harding University in Arkansas a couple days ago. So happy :'D Hopefully I'll hear something from in-state schools as well...

I e-submitted my PharmCAS on September 7th and it was verified on September 18th. All of my supplemental applications were sent by the end of September.

I'm from Texas and I've applied to pretty much all the TX pharmacy schools plus one out of state. I got my first interview invite from Harding University in Arkansas a couple days ago. So happy :'D Hopefully I'll hear something from in-state schools as well...
Congrats!!! :D

I just e-submitted Sunday (Oct 6th). I kind of wish I did it earlier because I was waiting on PCAT scores and a recommendation and those can go in later. But I did need to refine my essay a bit and it wasn't ready till this weekend, so oh well. Hopefully I'll get everything verified before Nov 1st and can do interviews in Nov and Dec before everything fills up and gets a bit more competitive...

I got a phone call for an interview from my number 1 choice school!! I am sooo excited! It is the 24th of this month! My first interview is the 18th of this month. This is all happening so fast and I'm just so excited that hopefully within the next month, I will know if I am going to one of these schools for pharmacy school!
:D

It's a great feeling yah?

I actually got my 2nd invite to another school today (UNT)! I was just laying in bed checking my emails when I saw the message and I got all excited!

I'm nervous about my 2 interviews that are coming up soon but confidence is key and hopefully I'll get in somewhere within the next couple months. It's all happening so quickly...

Last edited:
Congratulations !!! First choice?

It was definitely one of my top choices, but I will be attending two more interviews (declined the rest) until I know where exactly I will be Fall of 2014 :thumbup:

Turned in PharmCAS yesterday, and got my first interview invitation from University of Tennessee. My pcat or gpa calculation haven't even showed up yet...and I only have 1 letter of rec in so far.

It was definitely one of my top choices, but I will be attending two more interviews (declined the rest) until I know where exactly I will be Fall of 2014 :thumbup:

Same here.. I've been accepted but still checking out a couple more just to make sure I'm making the right decision

Turned in PharmCAS yesterday, and got my first interview invitation from University of Tennessee. My pcat or gpa calculation haven't even showed up yet...and I only have 1 letter of rec in so far.

Good luck! I have been interviewed and accepted at UT. :)

You must have good stats otherwise and they just want to get you in for an interview sooner than later. I believe they accept about 1 out of every 2 or 3 interviews. It's a great school, so good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got a call this morning, and I was accepted to Belmont University!!!!

That was the one and only school I applied to, so I'm super excited! :)

School Applied to: Belmont University
PharmCAS mail-out date: August 18
Notification date: Oct. 16
Method of notification: Phone call
Interview date: Oct. 11
Acceptance Status: ACCEPTED!!! :)
Residency: N/A
Experiences/other: Air Force for 5 years, Pharm. job shadow, lots of volunteering abroad and stateside.
GPA (science, overall): overall - 3.7
PCAT score: composite 61

Experiences/other: Air Force for 5 years, Pharm. job shadow, lots of volunteering abroad and stateside.

congrat airman!

A risk indeed with only one, but Congratulations! :thumbup:

thank you!!! :)

I'm pretty sure that you will use Post 9-11 with Yellow Ribbon program..correct? Belmont is a perfect candidate to use it. Nashville does not have high BAH overall but cost of living itself is pretty low compare to other urban city. I think you made a great choice

School Applied to: Univ of Maryland Baltimore (early decision)
PharmCAS mail-out date: Aug 14
Notification date: i dont remember lol
Method of notification:email
Acceptance Status: ACCEPTED :)!
Residency: instate
Experiences/other: shadowing at hospital, volunteer at NIH, volunteer at schools pharmacy, Eboard 3 clubs
GPA (science, overall): 3.4, 3.6
PCAT score: composite 92

I have B.S. in Biology plus 150 hours of volunteer plus 5 month of work experience in a pharmacy plus 4 years of experience in retail industry as sales associate in furniture store. I have 3.87 CGPA & 3.86 SGPA. I applied to Non-PCAT schools, since I never took the PCAT before. I sent my PharmCAS application on 09/12 and received my interview invite from FDU on 10/01. I had my interview on 10/14 and received my acceptance on 10/15. FDU was my first choice since I am an NJ resident.

Last edited:
Interviewed on 10/15 at RFUMS, was accepted this afternoon via phone call!

Congratulations to all the new acceptees! Looks like things are starting to heat up.

deleted.

Last edited:
I got accepted and that's all that matters! :D

BUT I have a question...:confused:

I bombed my PCAT the 1st time so I planned on taking it again. I had interview invites so I didn't sign up for it officially but on PharmCas I have it listed as planned for this October. The school I got accepted to never mentioned if I have to retake it to get in or listed any conditional statement about it. I completed everything they required also.

I payed my acceptance deposit so does that mean I'm safe and I got accepted regardless of my low PCAT?
Yes, you dont have to retake the PCAT if you have already been accepted. You obviously had other strong areas in your application that made adcoms overlook it. Congratulations :thumbup:

You got incredibly lucky betting only on one school. Nevertheless, congratulations!

School Applied to: 12 (yeah, too many)
PharmCAS mail-out date: 10/9

Interview date: 10/28 at University of St. Joseph, 11/15 at UB
Acceptance Status: TBD
GPA (science, overall): 357
PCAT score: 94th percentile

2 interviews coming up, yay!

Yes, you dont have to retake the PCAT if you have already been accepted. You obviously had other strong areas in your application that made adcoms overlook it. Congratulations :thumbup:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that when you're accepted, it's on the conditions of your application and completion of any planned items. I understand how a PCAT can be overlooked in this situation but say you planned to take some science course spring quarter and didn't take it for whatever reason, your acceptance would get withdrawn right?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that when you're accepted, it's on the conditions of your application and completion of any planned items. I understand how a PCAT can be overlooked in this situation but say you planned to take some science course spring quarter and didn't take it for whatever reason, your acceptance would get withdrawn right?

I believe so, if it's a pre-requisite class required by the school. If it's just a class to improve your GPA, i'm not sure, but I think it should be overlooked as well.

I agree with the previous post that if it is a pre-req then it is a must take in that situation. Even if it is not, be wary of consequences of failing to complete your planned courses and I don't think it would hurt to tell your accepted school just to avoid any future issues.

If you are given conditional acceptance, then yes you are required to finish those prerequite courses before a certain deadline. Some schools offer it no later then by the end of spring 2014 and others by the end of summer 2014. Best way to be 100% sure is to contact the institution and ask an admissions advisor. Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Did you finish all prerequisites or you are in a process?I have the same statistics and my interview is on Monday.I did not take the PCAT)

Variety of Schools Applied to.

Northeast Ohio Medical University Interview
Buffalo-SUNY Interview
Colorado-Denver Interview
D'Youville College Waiting
Husson University Interview
LECOM Interview Accepted! (My number 2 school)
MCPHS Interview
Mercer University Interview
New England University Interview
Albany College of Pharmacy Interview
Presbyterian College Interview
St. John Fisher College Interview
Thomas Jefferson University Interview
University of Connecticut Too much bs- Did not bother finishing application
Western New England University Waiting! (my number 1 school)

PharmCas mail out date: 09/09/2013
Experience: Pharmacy tech for 1.5 years at CVS. Volunteer Camp counselor for 4 years and counting.
GpA. Overall-3.57 , science-3.23
PCAT: 74th Percentile

Take home message is; do not apply to more than 5 schools. I would say even 3 school should be enough. There is alot of stat hyping on these forums and honestly its mostly just that; hype. As long as your gpa is around 3.1+ , you have a legitimate shot at getting in. I personally know 4 students who have gotten in and are doing well with pcat scores of 27,30,33 and 50. Seriously, most schools do NOT care about your PCAT score. I have been to 4 interviews already and not a single one of them even had a reference to the PCAT, NOT even in passing. Gpa did come up but as long as it is over 3.0, they should be happy. Pharmacy experience is a MUST!!!! In reality you do NOT have a shot if you do not have actual pharmacy experience. I was curious if lab experience mattered so I asked several of the professors at 4 different schools about it. These professors had all been members of the admissions board at one point or another so I hold what they say as pretty much the real truth. According to them lab experience might be good for you but they, really do not care about it and it will not help you get in. Just about anybody can get lab experience and they do not want lab rats, they want people who are good at interacting and communicating with others. One of these interviews was a group interview and there were no real questions presented, just some general topics that they have you discuss. The purpose was to see how smoothly you interact with other people and your English skills. English is my second language and I generally have an accent so I spoke much slower and more clearly than I usually do to limit my mispronunciation of words. But seriously, 3.0 gpa + pharmacy experience and you are basically good to go.

Reactions: 2 users
I also got interview invitation from Thomas Jefferson University... funny thing is I have no Rx experience with just 60+ hours of non-pharmacy related volunteer work in their hospital. Also, I'm scheduled to take PCAT on next Tuesday, with my first PCAT score being 57th percentile. I need to choose an interview date now and starting to get real nervous about it lol...

Don't worry about it! As long as you are polite and friendly the interview should be fine.

Hi all!

I interviewed yesterday at my number 1 school, Campbell University in North Carolina and I was told I was accepted before I even left campus after my interview!

Schools Applied To:
Campbell University: ACCEPTED!!
Wingate University: accepted
University of North Carolina: haven't heard from them yet
University of Wisconsin at Madison: haven't heard from them yet, they don't interview until January.

Anyway, I am SO pumped!

My stats:
currently getting my bachelors in chemistry and biochemistry.
some pharmacy experience, volunteer work in a hospital pharmacy
PCAT composite: 82nd percentile
GPA: 3.87
crazy amount of activities and leadership roles
I am completing my bachelor's degrees in 3 years, instead of the traditional 4.

I submitted my PharmCAS on September 27th. Got a call about a week or two later for my Campbell Interview and my Wingate interview I got a call about the day after I submitted my application.
I interviewed at Wingate last week and got accepted and then Campbell yesterday and got accepted!

It's all so surreal to me that I don't have to worry anymore! :)

Reactions: 1 user
My God, looking at everyone's stats is scaring me. I feel really inferior and while everyone's getting accepted and spots filling up, I'm still worried about my lack of Pharmacy experience. Congrats to those who were accepted.
I'm scared to apply because I can't take rejections at all, and will only apply to schools that I have high chance to get in (currently none lol).

Last edited:
Seeing so many acceptances already... Learned my lesson: apply early ; ~ ;

Hi guys!

I am new to this forum but here are my stats and status so far

Stats:
B.S in Biology from UCLA
3.4 overal GPA
3 years working in a Urology Clinic ( I thought I would do the pre-med but decided not to)
A few months volunteering in a hospital, 2 pharmacies, and a oncology research lab
Several extracurriculars while in undergrad such as clubs and acting in cultural performances
Was just hired mid October as a Pharmacy Technician for CVS ( part-time)
Currently the Online Content Manager for a Holistic Chiropractic and Nutrition Practice.
PCAT was 82nd Percentile

I turned in my PharmCas on Sept. 2, 2013 and finished the rest of my apps on Oct.16.

USC-interview Nov. 9
Touro- Interview
Northstate- Interview
UOP-Interview
MWU-Glendale- Interview
MWU- Downers- Interview
Sullivan-Interview
Roseman- Interview

TBA
University of Washington
Pacific University
University of Chicago

I realized I applied too many schools, I was just nervous that I wouldn't get an interview at all so I applied to more for safe measure. But I think that wasn't necessary. I really want to stay in California and my top choice is USC. If anyone already interviewed there or will interview there, let me know!

Good Luck every one!

I'm about to send in my applications and I am very, very nervous! I don't have stellar GPA's or outstanding volunteer experience. What do you think my chances are? :/

My Stats:
GPA: 3.492, not sure what my science GPA is
PCAT: 91st percentile (yay!)
47 hours at a local pharmacy as a Pharmacy Assistant in WA, not much else :( I will be working at the pharmacy this winter, however, but that will be after the deadlines of some of the schools. Not sure what I can do at this point! I have been searching and searching for volunteering opportunities at my school to no avail. College town, so everyone is searching for a job!!

I have an interview coming up on the fourth at Saint Joe's and have absolutely no clue as to how to prepare for it and the math/essay exam. Any inputs will be highly appreciates :D

Does anyone receive an email from LECOM lake erie telling you to apply? I received an email specifically to my name. How did they know i'm applying to pharmacy school? lol

Does anyone receive an email from LECOM lake erie telling you to apply? I received an email specifically to my name. How did they know i'm applying to pharmacy school? lol
Your PCAT.

Yup i got it too...somebody leaked our info :p PharmCAS?

Seeing so many acceptances already... Learned my lesson: apply early ; ~ ;
I applied early (my school opened up their supplemental application September 1st) and I didn't interview till April. I wouldn't worry too much about how many people are accepted early on because some people apply to numerous schools and they may be accepted to one and then withdraw their seat when their first choice accepts them so seats will open up. Don't get discouraged.