Pre-Requisite Question! Please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NewDent02

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, im planning on applying this coming cycle. I have taken ochem lectures but not the labs because i have transferred twice. I dont know many schools that require all the pre-requisites to be complete prior to applying. Other than like Ohio State which requires 9/13 requirements prior to applying. Will the people reviewing my application care if I took Ochem labs either this summer or during my senior year? Does it make a difference? I was hoping to take some summer classes to boost my GPA instead.

Thanks again

Members don't see this ad.

I don’t think it’s a problem, I’ve heard of people applying prior to their coursework being completed; however make sure to kill those classes prior to matriculation. Also you stated to raise your GPA, what is your overall and science?

only stony brook to my knowledge requires all pre reqs to be done by time of application which is unfortunate becuase it would have been one of my top 5 schools. and yeah ill be missing physics 2 and lab when i apply

I think it's fine to take it at your own pace, so long as you finish all the required coursework by the time you matriculate into dental school. I'm finishing up 2 prereqs this semester before starting school this summer. The application will have sections where you can designate which semester you are planning to take future x y z courses. The goal is of course to do well in those remaining courses, schools will want an updated transcript during the app process and after you finish up those prereqs.