Preparing for the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NaDaniel

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'll be taking the MCAT June 16th. My target score is 518 and I've been scoring in the low 500s on Kaplan practice tests. I have heard that Kaplan often deflates their scores to encourage people to take their classes. Most of the questions that I miss involve subject matter that I haven't reviewed since college (I graduated in 2014 with a degree in biochem). I am currently reading through the Kaplan MCAT review books. I have yet to read the psychology book yet and this subject tends to be my achilles heel as it is all unfamiliar subject matter.
I am looking for any advice on what strategies I can adopt in the time I have left. I would like to greatly improve my score on practice tests. Should I focus more on content review or improving test taking strategies? Any and all suggestions/tips greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Improving test taking strategies by taking as many practice tests. Review everything you miss or guess on so you can do small amounts of content review while improving your test taking. Don't be discouraged by low Kaplan scores. Use AMCAS tests to gauge where you are since its the most accurate to what you would get on the real thing. Also I liked the Examkrackers full length tests as they were the closest to AMCAS like materials in my opinion. Best of luck!

Reactions: 1 user