inajeT02

2+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Hey all. I'm applying to Texas schools via TMSDAS for entry in Fall of 2018. I have one lingering requirement left: Ochem 2 lab.

It normally wouldn't be a big deal, but because I travel a lot for work (M-Th) I've been unable to take the lab (as I would miss out on labs which I'm assuming is a big no no).

Does anyone know if Texas schools in particular have a deadline for when to complete prerequisites? If I get in, I was thinking that I could quit my job in Summer of 2018, and take a 5 week Orgo 2 lab course that would finish by July 9th. Would that be sufficient for Texas schools? Or will I have to look for a job for 5-6ish months that would allow me to take the lab during Spring of 2018?

Any advice is appreciated. If there are weekend options in DFW, I would love to hear about those.

Don't know if it's relevant but TMDSAS Total GPA 3.87, TMDSAS Science 3.85 and MCAT 520.

esob

Protomolecule
Lifetime Donor
2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2015
Icaria Planum
Status
Medical Student
usually it is simply before you start that it has to be completed, but you need to check with individual schools if you are accepted.

About the Ads