Pretty weak on Physio and dedicated in 16 days...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DummyHippo

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Still doing below average relative to my class with regards to Physiology but average-above average with regards to everything else. Thinking about reading BRS Physiology. Would now be too late to start, or should I focus on Uworld/FA/Pathoma at this point? Taking it in Mid-April. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Still doing below average relative to my class with regards to Physiology but average-above average with regards to everything else. Thinking about reading BRS Physiology. Would now be too late to start, or should I focus on Uworld/FA/Pathoma at this point? Taking it in Mid-April. Thanks!
Have you taken a practice exam yet?

Not planning on it until dedicated. Still haven't really dug into Uworld yet :) Trying to finish off Brocephalon+FA+Pathoma right now. I'm not super worried about Physiology, but not sure if it's a good use of my time.

Not planning on it until dedicated. Still haven't really dug into Uworld yet :) Trying to finish off Brocephalon+FA+Pathoma right now. I'm not super worried about Physiology, but not sure if it's a good use of my time.
Bro's + FA does a pretty good job of nailing down the details of Phys, though. I'm guessing you're having more trouble with phys concepts?

It would also be helpful to get more info:
-If your exam is mid-April, you have 6 weeks left. Is that correct?
-How far into UWorld/FA/Bro's/Pathoma are you? And how long have you been using them?
-Did you use any other qbanks?

I ask because if your phys is weak, it may impact other areas like path/pharm.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, about 6 weeks left.

I just have to watch the first six chapters of Pathoma (three chapters are re-watches though as I saw the heme/onc section first year and annotated it). First Aid I'm 80% done I have just the rest of General Principles left (just completed Biochem/Microbes). Brocephalon I have ~ 2500 new cards left.

I've think I have a firm grasp and made cards to supplement from FA and Pathoma on the following sections from Bros: Cardiology, Renal, Respiratory, Repro, GI, MSK, Endocrine. I usually do one read of First Aid, two passes through Bros, one more read of FA, pathoma, and add cards from missing info in FA+Pathoma. I still have to do my second pass for Neuro, Psych, General principles, and heme onc.

I've done maybe 30-40% of RX? Mostly the organ systems I have a grasp on.

I've done Sketchy Microbe, and 75% of SketchyPharm (not a big fan of SketchyPharm).

Just started UWorld. 30 questions in lol.

I'm only doing below average in Physiology. I'm average/above on all other subjects... Not sure if it's worth my time since the test we took was only 126 questions selected from prior NBMEs?

Yep, about 6 weeks left.

I just have to watch the first six chapters of Pathoma (three chapters are re-watches though as I saw the heme/onc section first year and annotated it). First Aid I'm 80% done I have just the rest of General Principles left (just completed Biochem/Microbes). Brocephalon I have ~ 2500 new cards left.

I've think I have a firm grasp and made cards to supplement from FA and Pathoma on the following sections from Bros: Cardiology, Renal, Respiratory, Repro, GI, MSK, Endocrine. I usually do one read of First Aid, two passes through Bros, one more read of FA, pathoma, and add cards from missing info in FA+Pathoma. I still have to do my second pass for Neuro, Psych, General principles, and heme onc.

I've done maybe 30-40% of RX? Mostly the organ systems I have a grasp on.

I've done Sketchy Microbe, and 75% of SketchyPharm (not a big fan of SketchyPharm).

Just started UWorld. 30 questions in lol.

I'm only doing below average in Physiology. I'm average/above on all other subjects... Not sure if it's worth my time since the test we took was only 126 questions selected from prior NBMEs?
Yeah, honestly if you're that far through Bro's + FA, all you need is more UWorld in your life to integrate the hard facts into question/answer form. If I were you, I'd focus on hammering out UWorld questions every day. With 6 weeks left, even if you did questions every day for the next 42 days, you'd have to do around 60 questions/day. It'll be rough but you might want to start with 60 questions asap and make your way up to 2x 40 question blocks then 3x 40 question blocks. If you have a strong foundation, I'm sure one pass through UWorld is fine. But ideally, you want at least one pass + incorrects/marked.