Procrastinators Anonymous: End-of-Semester Catch-Up Encouragement Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SterlingMaloryArcher

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm Sterling and I'm a procrastinator.

It's catch-up season and have a few due dates approaching fast.

Precalculus Project (Due tomorow)
Precalculus Online test (Due tomorow at midnight)
A few chapters of online chemistry activities (Due Dec 21st)
100 pages cof chemistry notes to review and make sense of on Kahn
A chemistry take home test (Due this Tuesday)

Below is a picture of what I'm hoping to get through tonight.

What do you need to do?

I wish everyone else luck. It's almost over, sprint to the end!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• 24257794_10214330365404121_21689978_n.jpg
    24257794_10214330365404121_21689978_n.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 82
Reactions: 2 users
You should stop procrastinating and just take Calculus instead of wasting time with all these Precalculus courses.

You should stop procrastinating and just take Calculus instead of wasting time with all these Precalculus courses.

Thanks that's actually what I'm doing next semester. Not taking precalc II. Just needed Pt.I since I've been out of math for a couple years.

I just want to report I am ending today's catch-up session and got through about half the packet. Not too shabby! :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'll contribute:

Biochemistry Test (Tuesday)
Genetics Test (Tuesday)
Genetics Lab Report (Sunday)
Spanish Project (Monday)

And I work/have class all day Monday. This is going to be a sad weekend...

I was supposed to be in lab today at 10 but it's a quarter past 9 and I'm still in bed... i'm just taking my procrastination one day at a time :D

But I do have a lot coming up. Working an 8 hour shift tonight, and another 10 hour shift tomorrow. Sunday gotta tutor these two kids and somehow fit in studying for my two cumulative finals (human genetics and biochem) that are in 11 days. Losing two days of studying next week as I'll be driving 5 hours to and from an interview. And I'm working 3 shifts next week. The only thing pulling me through at this point is knowing that once I take my finals, I will be outta here (8000 miles away) and won't have to worry about work/lab/school for 3 whole weeks. Sweet silence.

Man I feel exhausted. I know I can do everything that needs be done but boy do I have nowhere near enough motivation for it.

Reactions: 1 users
Whole semesters worth of research I need to do in 5 days. Have ~5000 pictures I need to measure from field work, and ~10000 seeds to count. Why I didn't do this earlier is beyond me.

Man I feel exhausted. I know I can do everything that needs be done but boy do I have nowhere near enough motivation for it.
Senioritis like no other...

I had all the motivation in the world to finish this last year strong, but after going to interviews and seeing the "other side"...I just wanna move on with life! Current courses (such as "history of Italian renaissance art) which would usually be interesting, are now not at all:arghh:

Hi I'm Sterling and I'm a procrastinator.

100 pages cof chemistry notes to review and make sense of on Kahn

What do you need to do?

I wish everyone else luck. It's almost over, sprint to the end!

how do you get through this without frequent panic attacks

A steady dose of sleep deprivation and caffeine usually confuses my body enough to avoid this. I'm assuming OP uses similar methods.

Members don't see this ad :)
A steady dose of sleep deprivation and caffeine usually confuses my body enough to avoid this. I'm assuming OP uses similar methods.
Exactly. Also set lots of alarms. I was taking a nap today and woke up in a panic (at 8pm) thinking I slept past midnight (a deadline for some work) but then I remembered I set an alarm and my worries vanished and I went back to sleep. Alarms are wonderful.

After last night's homework to 3:30am, I lied in bed awake for 2 hours because I was too tired to work/focus, too jittery to sleep. Then I got up to go to work as a scribe from 6a-5p. (I probably looked like a trainwreck, the CEO of the hospital came by today, introduced himself to everyone including me. I was too tired to even pretend to care who he was - when he shook my hand, I simply remained slouched over and miserable looking at the nurses station. I might have smiled but probably not.) Then I came home, took my nap needing 4 hours to be good enough to start a new day at 9:30pm and get a couple assignments in before Friday's midnight deadline. It's 12:07am now and I got my quizzes and an essay in before midnight with 8 minutes to spare. Some people would say that's cutting it too close, but I just thought "dang, I could have safely slept in for an extra 7 minutes."

Just to show how seriously busy I am (if you follow my other threads): I haven't logged into any of my dating apps all day and am on a strict "no smoking no drinking" until the end of the semester; I just won't have the kind of time to enjoy myself with someone from tindr or by being impaired until Christmas break.

These several-week binges where all of a sudden my life revolved around truly 2 or 3 priorities (relationships not being one of them) is a big reason relationships don't work out for me lol.

Last edited:
After last night's homework to 3:30am, I lied in bed awake for 2 hours because I was too tired to work/focus, too jittery to sleep.

Man this is honestly the worst kind of betrayal. You would think that after staying up all night you could fall asleep easily, but nope.

I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again. I will never let procrastination get this far again.

1. Learn Cardiocascular pathology
2. Learn Cardiovascular Pharmacology
3. ???
4. Profit

1) Getting all my letters in on time (committee letter deadline-really stressing about this)
2) Psychology Manuscript
3) Final exam in physics and regional anatomy

My undergraduate career is finally done. Looking back I have to say I procrastinated a lot.

For all procrastinators, life-time member myself, found a recent article: "How to overcome the illusion of learning" over at Psychology Compass (sorry can't post links yet).

I got all my Spanish work in!!!!! Such a relief! Now Chemistry!!

Who else is within 24 hours of the window for turning work in for this semester closing forever?

That's what I keep telling myself - as nice as it sounds I would always regret choosing sleep over my final grades.

I got all my Spanish work in!!!!! Such a relief! Now Chemistry!!

Who else is within 24 hours of the window for turning work in for this semester closing forever?

That's what I keep telling myself - as nice as it sounds I would always regret choosing sleep over my final grades.

If you didn't procrastinate so much, you could do both. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to cram for two exams tomorrow.

Reactions: 4 users
This next week is going to suck. Got a little too behind on pharmacology so now I'm playing catch up.

Monday - Pharmacology Final
Tuesday - Med Chem Final
Wednesday - Psych Final
Thursday - Toxicology Final
Friday - Physio Chem Final

Final Exam, Research Paper, and Project due on the 14th, another Final Exam on the 16th (yes a Saturday), and my last Final Exam on the 20th.

Not so much procrastinating but excessively twirling my hair and shivering at the thought of this storm starting next week.

This next week is going to suck. Got a little too behind on pharmacology so now I'm playing catch up.

Monday - Pharmacology Final
Tuesday - Med Chem Final
Wednesday - Psych Final
Thursday - Toxicology Final
Friday - Physio Chem Final

Final Exam, Research Paper, and Project due on the 14th, another Final Exam on the 16th (yes a Saturday), and my last Final Exam on the 20th.

Not so much procrastinating but excessively twirling my hair and shivering at the thought of this storm starting next week.

i'm stressed just looking at your schedules...good luck guys

i'm stressed just looking at your schedules...good luck guys

I guarantee it's more stressful applying (and waiting to hear back)! Good luck!

I have a Chemistry final Monday and a Biology final Tuesday, I haven't even starting studying for. Thursday is my Humanities final which I'm not really for at all since I'm so behind on the reading. Ugh, why did I do this to myself?

I have a Chemistry final Monday and a Biology final Tuesday, I haven't even starting studying for. Thursday is my Humanities final which I'm not really for at all since I'm so behind on the reading. Ugh, why did I do this to myself?

You've got this! Get it done in the library this weekend and you're golden! Just a couple more days of hard work and you can relax for a month!

It's finals week for us next week. Feeling quite burned out here but dragging through by starting to study early.

I got everything done. I just submitted my last assignment and I could cry. From sadness. This whole semester had so many ups and downs and in many ways it was pretty ****ty but for some reason I wish I could go back to the beginning. It went by so fast, so much happened.

100 pages of chemistry notes to review and make sense of on Kahn

For some reason, my memories of the several-day chemistry-rampage completing these assignments have an extremely sentimental feeling.