Prospects of becoming a dentist in Europe and Canada as an international student

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr. Doom2021

Reaction score
Hello. I've been seeking some guidance about the process of becoming a dentist as a foreigner in the EU (Prague, The Republic of Ireland) and North America( precisely Canada). I've heard some terrible data about the labor state in Canada, especially in the dental realm. A lot of people are stressing that the market is too flooded and it is mostly overt in cities like Toronto, Calgary and so on. I was just wondering whether or not it is even worth trying to become a dentist without any PR or post-secondary education in Canada or the US. From what I've heard, countries like the Czeck Republic (Charles University) or Ireland (Cork or Dublin) have a lot of potential for foreigners who are pursuing the dental path. But I have not been able to find any practical knowledge about these countries. Do you have any savvies on that too?

I will be very grateful for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I will put it like this. The only successful Canadians that I know, work and live in the US.

About Ireland, taxes are low, really low; something worth keeping in mind to plan for the future. I know as well that whatever you study in Northern Ireland, gets recognized by the other Ireland. If you can stand their accent (I don't), plan for Ireland.

Keep in mind, that passing rate of Canadian equivalency process is around 9%. There are always jobs in remote areas. Why would you want to live there is another question

Members don't see this ad :)
I will put it like this. The only successful Canadians that I know, work and live in the US.

About Ireland, taxes are low, really low; something worth keeping in mind to plan for the future. I know as well that whatever you study in Northern Ireland, gets recognized by the other Ireland. If you can stand their accent (I don't), plan for Ireland.
Thank you for the info. Do you already practice dentistry? If so, in which country? Do you like it overall?