Psych Scenarios (PsyD interview prompt)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cherrygrl

Reaction score
Hello!! One of the schools I received an interview for let us know that there will be a written prompt with a scenario having to do with a client & psychologist. Has anyone else had an experience/interview such as this one?

Any ideas on how the questions can be worded/what the prompt can sound like? Or if you can take a guess.

I don't think it'd be a 3 word answer, definitely something that can be responded with in a paragraph or two.

Thank you!! This forum is so helpful.

Members don't see this ad.

Be thoughtful, show complex and nuanced thinking. Consider relevant ethical issues and multicultural considerations. They aren't trying to trick you. They are also probably trying to see if you talk about clinical issues in a way that is consistent with their training model. They also understand that you aren't a psychologist yet.

Reactions: 2 users
Be thoughtful, show complex and nuanced thinking. Consider relevant ethical issues and multicultural considerations. They aren't trying to trick you. They are also probably trying to see if you talk about clinical issues in a way that is consistent with their training model. They also understand that you aren't a psychologist yet.
Thank you! That was what I was a bit nervous about: I'm not a psychologist yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
To add, they are also probably looking at your writing skills. Make sure to proof read!

In all likelihood, they want to see how you think, not that you have the "right" answer.
Understandable! This is the one program that hasn't really provided faculty member names for the interview or any information compared to other schools so I think that the idea of that is adding more stress for me. Appreciate it :)