Mar 14, 2018
Pre-Physical Therapy
Hi there,

I was wondering if it is possible to indicate repeated coursework from different institutions? I decided to retake a few of my pre-requisite classes at a community college after graduating from a 4-year university. For example, I took a chemistry course at the university, and decided after graduating to retake a chemistry course at the community college. Since the department abbreviation and coursework number are different (since they come from two separate institutions), is there a way in PTCAS to specifically indicate that this newly taken course is a retake of the older course? I know that this does not change the PTCAS GPAs, because they automatically include the grades for every repeat into their calculations, but I was hoping to find a way to specifically indicate these repeated courses should specific programs choose to calculate for repeated coursework (either taking the highest or averaging) on their own.

Any insight on any one who has experienced this before would be helpful, thank you!

Additional questions: If there is indeed a way to indicate, how would I go about indicating differences between semester to quarter classes? When I retook chemistry at the community college, it was for two semesters, where as chemistry at my university was spanned over three quarters. It wouldn't exactly be a one-to-one repeated course to course indication since the semester overlaps :/
  • Like
Reactions: dogetreats


2+ Year Member
May 30, 2017
Physical Therapy Student
Yes, you will be able to indicate that you are re-taking a course (in progress) or that you already took a prerequisite course twice, even if it is from different schools with different course descriptions. As for that semester vs. quarter issue, I think you might want to call PTCAS, but I believe it is the same as long as the number of hours are equal.
  • Like
Reactions: triciamartin23
About the Ads