Purdue C/O 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yes! I think they are in waves since he is personally calling everyone :)
Hoping I still have a chance lol

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Don't worry too much! I am in the same boat :) At least we have each other hahaha.
I'm in this boat too!! Thinking there are at least two more days of calls based on last year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got the call...OOS accepted! Stay by your phones!

Reactions: 6 users
IS and interviewed on Jan 20- haven't heard anything.

Reactions: 2 users
got the call yesterday afternoon! OOS accepted!!! Most likely will be going here in the fall, hello future classmates!!!! :love::soexcited:

got the call yesterday afternoon! OOS accepted!!! Most likely will be going here in the fall, hello future classmates!!!! :love::soexcited:

Hey future classmate!!!!!!!!! Can't wait to meet you. PM me if you have any questions about the West Lafayette area or Purdue or anything!!!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
New member, LONG time lurker here.
Just got the call around 9:45am this morning OOS accepted....SOOOOOO freaking excited! Purdue was my #1 out of state choice (still waiting on Ohio State). Most likely will be attending in the fall!

Reactions: 3 users
So is it assumed that they call all the acceptances before sending the waitlist email?

So is it assumed that they call all the acceptances before sending the waitlist email?

I believe so. I'm pretty sure they call all of the people that were accepted and then send out emails with those that were waitlisted and rejected.

Praying for all of the applicants that haven't heard yet:angelic:

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just so you guys know, I got my waitlist email on 2/17/2016, and I believe everyone received their acceptance or waitlist status by then. I'm pretty sure they send out rejection emails later but it could have been changed.

Just so you guys know, I got my waitlist email on 2/17/2016, and I believe everyone received their acceptance or waitlist status by then. I'm pretty sure they send out rejection emails later but it could have been changed.
So question- with waitlist, when will you be notified that there isn't a spot for you in the fall?

Last edited:
I think emails should be going out soon. My Purdue student portal updated and I was able to pay the deposit and accept the position in the class of 2021!! Boiler up!!

I think emails should be going out soon. My Purdue student portal updated and I was able to pay the deposit and accept the position in the class of 2021!! Boiler up!!
Congrats!

How much is the deposit? I am going to be coming to Purdue, so I want to be working that math out.

How much is the deposit? I am going to be coming to Purdue, so I want to be working that math out.

I paid $250, but I think it's more expensive for OOS (someone told me it was around $1000).

Congrats!!! And, if your student portal updated does that mean they are most likely done making calls?

Just got an acceptance email!

And I got on the alternate list. IS.

I got acceptance email too :)

Just got my email. Placed on the alternate list! OOS. Anyone know if it moves?

Reactions: 4 users
Just got an acceptance email, but I never received a call! How strange. It definitely says accepted though. Did that happen to anyone else??
I'll be giving up my spot though so hopefully one of you lovely people get it!! Congrats to everyone!

Last edited:
Just got my email. Placed on the alternate list! OOS. Anyone know if it moves?

From what I have heard, they accept more OOS initially then they will allow and they don't accept enough IS. Then when they get offers back they can accept the remaining IS spots and any open seats for OOS. So both lists probably have similar movement due to the fact that people are more likely to accept their IS school

IS waitlist :cat:
Unfortunately, I've been denied from all my other schools. #TryingToStayPositive

IS waitlist :cat:
Unfortunately, I've been denied from all my other schools. #TryingToStayPositive

I haven't heard from any of my others yet!! Here's hoping after April 17th that waitlist moves a whole bunch!

So question- with waitlist, when will you be notified that there isn't a spot for you in the fall?

Im not sure because we had people literally get accepted the week before orientation so Im not sure if they ever let you know. You can call and ask

So for all you waitlisted people, my advice to you is to not give up hope but make sure you plan for not getting accepted. I was waitlisted as a junior so I went ahead and planned for senior year with scheduling classes and such. The wait till April really sucked but just try to put it out of your mind and focus on the remaining semester. For me, not expecting a call was the best part because it was a great surprise getting that call in April. Good luck!!

Similar to what Ivy said, the class of 2019 also accepted students all the way until the last week of summer

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Can any students tell us how the holidays/time off are usually scheduled?

Hi everyone! Just turned down my offer of admission so hopefully one of you get off of the waitlist! :)

Similar to what Ivy said, the class of 2019 also accepted students all the way until the last week of summer

I'm on the waitlist and would love to still get accepted. But logistically, I was thinking how does that work if they let you know a week or so before schools starts? Is there enough time to still get supplies, housing, and even loans? I know some loans have to be done ahead of time and did not know how that would work. I know it is still so far in the future, and a small chance, but knowing my luck I feel if I were to get accepted still it wouldn't be until the last minute.

I'm on the waitlist and would love to still get accepted. But logistically, I was thinking how does that work if they let you know a week or so before schools starts? Is there enough time to still get supplies, housing, and even loans? I know some loans have to be done ahead of time and did not know how that would work. I know it is still so far in the future, and a small chance, but knowing my luck I feel if I were to get accepted still it wouldn't be until the last minute.
I was wondering the same thing.

Final decisions are still up in the air for me! I've been accepted to Purdue and LMU. My fiance has a job interview this week for a position that would give us free housing and a meal plan at LMU. But if he doesn't get the job then I will be attending Purdue!

So, if I do end up at Purdue, I look forward to meeting future classmates in person. If I don't, then I hope one of you SDNers get my seat!

Not all waitlisted students are notified last minute. They have a list that they move down to notify waitlisted students as accepted students decline their position. So when you are called depends on your position on the waitlist and when others decline their spot. This is a common practice that occurs at most (if not all) of the vet schools.

Can any students tell us how the holidays/time off are usually scheduled?

The vet school holidays/breaks are the same as for the undergrads.

Not all waitlisted students are notified last minute. They have a list that they move down to notify waitlisted students as accepted students decline their position. So when you are called depends on your position on the waitlist and when others decline their spot. This is a common practice that occurs at most (if not all) of the vet schools.

So basically, most students will find out in April (if they're close to the top of the waitlist)?

Tuition wasn't supposed to increase majorly this year right? I logged into mypurdue financial aid and it's telling me that my cost of attendance is $60,000. With tuition/fees being $34,000 for the year?? I'm in state and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make a $14,000 increase for residents.

Edit: I think they just may have me as a nonresident for some reason.. when I added the tuition and fees to the differential fees, it comes up to $44,000 which is what nonresident tuition is!

Last edited:
Congrats everyone! I remember being on here when I was applying for veterinary school! If you have any questions about purdue let me know. I am a fourth year student about to graduate so if you're deciding between schools maybe I can give you some honest advice. If you're out of state and looking for housing I may be able to give you word on the street for places you're looking at. I may not, but I'm more than happy to give advice where I can.

On a side note, if you're at purdue for undergrad and want to get some supplies that you're going to have to buy for cheap from graduating 4th years let me know. I am getting rid of my smocks and coveralls that we had to buy. (you will be spending hundreds of dollars in clothes/uniform stuff alone over the next 4 years unfortunately). I have some polos and other stuff that I will eventually get organized enough to sell. But you will need the smocks and coveralls the first year for sure for husbandry.

I will say multiple people in my class alone were accepted at their in-state school and instead decided to pay more to go out of state at purdue. so we must be pretty special :)

Congrats everyone! I remember being on here when I was applying for veterinary school! If you have any questions about purdue let me know. I am a fourth year student about to graduate so if you're deciding between schools maybe I can give you some honest advice. If you're out of state and looking for housing I may be able to give you word on the street for places you're looking at. I may not, but I'm more than happy to give advice where I can.

On a side note, if you're at purdue for undergrad and want to get some supplies that you're going to have to buy for cheap from graduating 4th years let me know. I am getting rid of my smocks and coveralls that we had to buy. (you will be spending hundreds of dollars in clothes/uniform stuff alone over the next 4 years unfortunately). I have some polos and other stuff that I will eventually get organized enough to sell. But you will need the smocks and coveralls the first year for sure for husbandry.

I will say multiple people in my class alone were accepted at their in-state school and instead decided to pay more to go out of state at purdue. so we must be pretty special :)

Have any advice for apartments for out of state students? I am accepted and have paid my deposit, so I will be attending in the fall. I guess really any advice you have that you are willing to type, I will take.

Have any advice for apartments for out of state students? I am accepted and have paid my deposit, so I will be attending in the fall. I guess really any advice you have that you are willing to type, I will take.
Whatever you do, wherever you live, stay as far away from Granite as possible. They are cheap apartments, with shady management practices. They are touted as the number one landlord in the area because they keep buying all the properties. I have heard a lot of bad experiences with them at move out, such as overcharging cleaning fees and taking it all out of your deposit.

I currently live in Chauncey Village, and I like it. I've had great experiences with both The Avenue and Village West as landlords, from move in to move out.