Purdue c/o 2026 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just got a call! OOS acceptance!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 4 users
Just got a call! OOS acceptance!!!
Congratulations! Being accepted to Purdue as an OOS is extremely hard! I’m applying as an OOS in the upcoming cycle. Do you mind if I message you about your application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! Being accepted to Purdue as an OOS is extremely hard! I’m applying as an OOS in the upcoming cycle. Do you mind if I message you about your application?
Sure, feel free!

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if they still have any IS people left to call or if they have just moved on to OOS?

Received a spam call and it literally almost gave me a heart attack thinking it was Dean Reed

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks! I got the call around 4:30 eastern time. I was also offered a pretty significant amount of scholarship money.
Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask what’s your area of interest? Is it LA or research related? This is the first time I heard about Purdue offering scholarship. Incredible!

Thank you! No my main area of interest is is in exotics/zoo. But I do have a significant amount of lab animal experience that I applied with so that Ishtar have helped.
Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask what’s your area of interest? Is it LA or research related? This is the first time I heard about Purdue offering scholarship. Incredible!

Thank you! No my main area of interest is is in exotics/zoo. But I do have a significant amount of lab animal experience that I applied with so that Ishtar have helped.
Good to know! Congratulations again:)

OOS Acceptance

Called Yesterday at like 2 central time

I hope he will continue calling today. I am OOS (international) and I am freaking out now😅

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if calls will continue or if this was it?

Last year it was 4 days of calls with the emails being sent on the 5th day so here's hoping he'll still make calls tomorrow

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot of people reporting calls this year compared to past years threads but maybe those people just aren't on SDN

Yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot of people reporting calls this year compared to past years threads but maybe those people just aren't on SDN
Probably it (it's the logical answer) but weird that it's nobody. And I still find it a bit off that he didn't do any calls (that we know of) on Saturday. Anyway, we'll hopefully get emails soon!

So he finished all 84 calls in just 2 days?? I start losing hope now😢😢

OOS acceptance !!! Does anyone know of facebook groups or other sites to talk to other accepted students ?

OOS accepted just got the call I’m shaking it’s also 2 am here in Italy but I’m so happy

Congratulations! Are you international applicant or US citizen?
I’m a U.S. citizen I’ve been here in Italy for 2 months taking a break since my family is in the US AirForce and they are currently deployed in Italy. And I’m actually heading back to the US today and I couldn’t be more excited :)

Do we think there is some order to the acceptances? Alphabetically? By rank of applicant?

I’m a U.S. citizen I’ve been here in Italy for 2 months taking a break since my family is in the US AirForce and they are currently deployed in Italy. And I’m actually heading back to the US today and I couldn’t be more excited :)
Thanks for your reply! Having time with your family is so nice! I haven’t seen my family for more than 2 years now because Covid....I am an international applicant so I want to know when they will start the calls for internationals😂

Do we have an idea how many OOS they accept and how many have been accepted so far?

So do you all think they’re done calling OOS?

I wouldn’t panic. I was IS non-Purdue student and got a call late afternoon yesterday so there may not be any pattern.

Do you mind sharing stats?
I really really don't like sharing stats publicly. it drove me crazy during my application process to see people with "holier than thou" complexes essentially bragging about how they were better than everyone else. The last thing I want is for someone to feel the same regarding my stats.

I had a nearly perfect GPA with wide ranges animal experience covering nearly all fields (including lab animal) I also did a lot of human oriented volunteer work. Vet schools love to see a diverse candidate with experience in things outside of vet med. Best of luck.