-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Purdue c/o 2026 Applicants
Started by bbardin
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Congratulations! Being accepted to Purdue as an OOS is extremely hard! I’m applying as an OOS in the upcoming cycle. Do you mind if I message you about your application?Just got a call! OOS acceptance!!!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Woohoo!! 🥳🤩 Do you attend Purdue for undergrad?Just got a call! OOS acceptance!!!
Sure, feel free!Congratulations! Being accepted to Purdue as an OOS is extremely hard! I’m applying as an OOS in the upcoming cycle. Do you mind if I message you about your application?
Nope, I’m from Texas lolWoohoo!! 🥳🤩 Do you attend Purdue for undergrad?
I wonder if they still have any IS people left to call or if they have just moved on to OOS?
hernandez36
Full Member
I’m OOS I haven’t gotten a call yet… I’m freaking out 🙁I wonder if they still have any IS people left to call or if they have just moved on to OOS?
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
Received a spam call and it literally almost gave me a heart attack thinking it was Dean Reed
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
This is not the time for spam lol
Everyone just be as patient as possible. the calls go all week long
When I was waiting, I think I received 3 spam calls a day! Good timesReceived a spam call and it literally almost gave me a heart attack thinking it was Dean Reed
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
How late in the day does he typically call?
OOS acceptance
hernandez36
Full Member
Congratulations!!! What time did you receive the call?OOS acceptance
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thanks! I got the call around 4:30 eastern time. I was also offered a pretty significant amount of scholarship money.Congratulations!!! What time did you receive the call?
Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask what’s your area of interest? Is it LA or research related? This is the first time I heard about Purdue offering scholarship. Incredible!Thanks! I got the call around 4:30 eastern time. I was also offered a pretty significant amount of scholarship money.
Thank you! No my main area of interest is is in exotics/zoo. But I do have a significant amount of lab animal experience that I applied with so that Ishtar have helped.
Congratulations! Do you mind if I ask what’s your area of interest? Is it LA or research related? This is the first time I heard about Purdue offering scholarship. Incredible!
Good to know! Congratulations again🙂Thank you! No my main area of interest is is in exotics/zoo. But I do have a significant amount of lab animal experience that I applied with so that Ishtar have helped.
hernandez36
Full Member
Any calls today?
janice0502
tOSU c/o 2026
I hope he will continue calling today. I am OOS (international) and I am freaking out now😅
janice0502
tOSU c/o 2026
I hope he will continue the calls😭😭Does anyone know if calls will continue or if this was it?
Me too! I wonder if it’s safe to assume the worst if calls haven’t come yet.I hope he will continue the calls😭😭
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
Last year it was 4 days of calls with the emails being sent on the 5th day so here's hoping he'll still make calls tomorrow
boilerpup
Purdue CVM c/o 2026
Hopefully! It's weird that we haven't heard about any calls today though.Last year it was 4 days of calls with the emails being sent on the 5th day so here's hoping he'll still make calls tomorrow
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
Yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot of people reporting calls this year compared to past years threads but maybe those people just aren't on SDN
boilerpup
Purdue CVM c/o 2026
Probably it (it's the logical answer) but weird that it's nobody. And I still find it a bit off that he didn't do any calls (that we know of) on Saturday. Anyway, we'll hopefully get emails soon!Yeah there doesn't seem to be a lot of people reporting calls this year compared to past years threads but maybe those people just aren't on SDN
janice0502
tOSU c/o 2026
So he finished all 84 calls in just 2 days?? I start losing hope now😢😢
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
charleyhorse
Full Member
They probably over accept like most schools do.So he finished all 84 calls in just 2 days?? I start losing hope now😢😢
AwesomeOppossum
Full Member
Did you get the call just now?OOS acceptance !!! Does anyone know of facebook groups or other sites to talk to other accepted students ?
hernandez36
Full Member
OOS accepted just got the call I’m shaking it’s also 2 am here in Italy but I’m so happy
janice0502
tOSU c/o 2026
Congratulations! Are you international applicant or US citizen?OOS accepted just got the call I’m shaking it’s also 2 am here in Italy but I’m so happy
hernandez36
Full Member
I’m a U.S. citizen I’ve been here in Italy for 2 months taking a break since my family is in the US AirForce and they are currently deployed in Italy. And I’m actually heading back to the US today and I couldn’t be more excited 🙂Congratulations! Are you international applicant or US citizen?
chancethedog17
New Member
Do we think there is some order to the acceptances? Alphabetically? By rank of applicant?
janice0502
tOSU c/o 2026
Thanks for your reply! Having time with your family is so nice! I haven’t seen my family for more than 2 years now because Covid....I am an international applicant so I want to know when they will start the calls for internationals😂I’m a U.S. citizen I’ve been here in Italy for 2 months taking a break since my family is in the US AirForce and they are currently deployed in Italy. And I’m actually heading back to the US today and I couldn’t be more excited 🙂
No, it’s completely randomDo we think there is some order to the acceptances? Alphabetically? By rank of applicant?
janice0502
tOSU c/o 2026
The call starts from Purdue student, then IS, OOS, internationalDo we think there is some order to the acceptances? Alphabetically? By rank of applicant?
Do you mind sharing stats?Thanks! I got the call around 4:30 eastern time. I was also offered a pretty significant amount of scholarship money.
janice0502
tOSU c/o 2026
Did you get the call just now?Purdue Student/ OOS acceptance! 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
janice0502
tOSU c/o 2026
Probably not, maybe a few calls tomorrowSo do you all think they’re done calling OOS?
I hope so!Probably not, maybe a few calls tomorrow
I got the call at 8:45 pm est!Did you get the call just now?
I really really don't like sharing stats publicly. it drove me crazy during my application process to see people with "holier than thou" complexes essentially bragging about how they were better than everyone else. The last thing I want is for someone to feel the same regarding my stats.Do you mind sharing stats?
I had a nearly perfect GPA with wide ranges animal experience covering nearly all fields (including lab animal) I also did a lot of human oriented volunteer work. Vet schools love to see a diverse candidate with experience in things outside of vet med. Best of luck.