Q Drop vs a B?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

txags19

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently sitting at a 3.72, and will be applying this cycle. If I make all A's this semester, it will put me at 3.76, however, just one B would put me at a 3.73. An A is out of the picture for my Marketing class (business minor), and the format of the class is really throwing me off. It's self paced and online, but the exams are monitored by proctorU, with annoying restrictions like no looking up at the ceiling to think, no staring off away from the monitor, no resting hands on face, etc. So the question is, take the B or Q drop (I think this is just the same as W in other schools). I want to be as strong as possible for this application cycle, so just trying to see what would be better. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

If I did Q drop and made A's in my remaining classes, I'd be at a 3.75 when I upload transcripts this summer.

Take the B.
I used to get W's if I was getting a B. So stupid to be honest.... I have 5 Ws because of it.

Members don't see this ad :)
  • Keep the class: a B will hurt you very little.
  • Drop the class: @Goro will hurt you very much.
Your choice.

If I sat on an ADCOM, I would assume you withdrew because you failed your class.
That's not the way adcoms would see it because it's not a safe assumption. Maybe the professor was a malignant jerk, maybe the class was very different than advertised, maybe it was just super boring. There are plenty of reasons to drop a class, so adcoms don't make assumptions about a W or two.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Thanks y'all. Would a 3.73 still be considered a competitive GPA?