Question about engagement rings.

Both good ideas. Mine was that maybe engaged guys can start wearing a ring (sterling silver or something) on their right hand ring finger - it would look like a wedding ring at first glance and keep the other women away! jk, thats not the point...
Maybe we should adopt the custom of switching ring hands for both genders when we go from engaged to married. I dont know which countries specifically do that (engagement on the right and married on the left), but I know some of the royalty at the Prince of Spain's wedding followed that custom.

Members don't see this ad.

UfShutterbabe said:
Both good ideas. Mine was that maybe engaged guys can start wearing a ring (sterling silver or something) on their right hand ring finger - it would look like a wedding ring at first glance and keep the other women away! jk, thats not the point...

I've known several gay men who wore their "wedding" rings on their right hands as opposed to left. In my mind, someone with a wedding-band-looking ring on their left hand was "off limits" (taken) and someone with a ring on their right hand (male) was gay and "off limits". My husband wore a ring on his right hand while we were dating that I gave him; he told me that he didn't want to wear a ring on his left hand until we were engaged. So, he's worn rings on both fingers (and I swear he's not gay!). :)

Thanks to everyone for your replies. My bf is actually from TX, so we'll check out James Avery and that website someone posted.