Question about hours for activities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

StudyLover17

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
For the work/activities section, should I list only the hours I took part in an activity during college/into the present (I have taken a gap year before applying), or should I include hours during childhood/high school as well?

I have a hobby that I have done for about 15 years, but it's hard to estimate how many hours that adds up to.
Since you're not sure about hours of involvement before college, and because Adcomms care most about recent involvement, just list hours since HS graduation, but refer to the back story in your narrative.

If you have ballpark figures for the childhood and HS years, I can give you an alternative strategy.

Reactions: 1 user
Since you're not sure about hours of involvement before college, and because Adcomms care most about recent involvement, just list hours since HS graduation, but refer to the back story in your narrative.

If you have ballpark figures for the childhood and HS years, I can give you an alternative strategy.
Thanks, I think I will probably just refer to college.

Reactions: 1 user