Question about Letters of Recommendation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

terimadi12

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me how many letters of recommendations are required for osteopathic schools, as well as the breakdown that tells me how many should be from science and non-science professors. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

terimadi12 said:
Can anyone tell me how many letters of recommendations are required for osteopathic schools, as well as the breakdown that tells me how many should be from science and non-science professors. Thanks
Three from science professors and one from a DO should cover all but COMP if you're not getting one from the premed committee. If you apply to COMP then you'll also need one nonsccience LOR. If you use the premed committee the only other letter you'll need is a DO. Some schools will accept an LOR from an MD in place of the DO LOR.

dr.z said:
It's safer to have at least one non-science.
That's true. It is also safer to ask for more than you'd need as some professors will "forget" to write your LOR and can't seem to hear the phone ring when you call or can't seem to see the trillions of email you sent them reminding them of the deadlines.