Question about Sex and Med School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is completely irrevelant, but, Richie Truxillo, I recognize that name. Are u the guy who sang everquest songs? Me and my brother used to listen to those all the time when were addicted to EQ back in the day...Oh man, that would be so sweet if u r that guy. Those songs were hilarious. My favorite one was "Theres a Train to the zone".

Yeah, that's me 🙂 Got a recording contract and now I'm in medical school. Who woulda thunk it? :laugh: I haven't done much with it lately except write a song for this red-headed girl I have a crush on at school. I am in the Everquest 2 beta right now and it rocks. Got my copy coming. Yes, I know, how can I have time to play games in medical school? Very simple, if you work hard you can play hard. I do both!

Anyway you can read up on the daily life at my craptastical website: http://www.richietruxillo.com And thanks for listening! It's really funny, we have some Japanese Medical students here in town visiting our school and a couple of them recognized me LOL Really though, I'm just your average joe wanting to be a doctor when it gets down to brass tacks. Wanted to be a doctor since I was 5...now here's my chance ;P

But back on topic before someone whacks me with the thread derailing stick...
As for people who have never had a girlfriend before, keep in mind that alot of people sacrificed a good chunk of their lives to get into medical school. This is a very common theme among medical school students believe it or not and psychologically, I think that is why there are so many hook-ups in medical school. People are trying to make up for lost time. Add that to the fact that the added stress and competition is additive, you have a lot of fuel for the sexual repressed fires. So, while I cannot say I am in the same boat myself, know that you are not alone as there are many who have not had that experience before in school.

Dangit, I don't want to look at cell-mediated immunity anymore...it's driving me insane! *Throws his Lange Immunology book out of the 3rd story window*

-Richie
 
my friend told me he learned in class about an experiment:

1 girl asked random guys to come back with her to her apartment. 75% were willing

1 guy asked random girls to come back with him to his apartment. 0% were willing.

is this reason enough?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
prophecy2 said:
Don't even need money...just act like you have some!

Yeah, so true. But observe some people with money first. Don't just go acting like you imagine people with money might act. You'll just look very lower middle class. 😉

While you're at it you might as well go round talking about your girlfriend whether you have one or not. Women are always into you when you're already taken. Maybe some of the women out there can explain that one. It almost like a union. Accepted by one - accepted by all. Who knows? 🙂

About the "flacid" penis size - It DOES mean something. It reflects where your baseline equilibrium between sympathetic and parasympathetic activation is. ie Nervous guys have more shriveled dongs. Learned that from my neuroscience instructor. Don't ask me how we got on the subject.

As for guys not liking sexually assertive women. BS. That's a myth perpetuated by sexually unassertive women. Just look at some of the women we're always drooling over. You gals are always putting them down as "mindless" sluts. Give them a break. We love 'em. If some of you gals are repressed don't blame it on us. Loosen up. A glass or two of wine might help. 🙂 Always been a fan of "bad girls" myself. 😀
 
the op of this thread should meet up with the op of the s*xual frustration thread. what a bangin' time! 😉

in all honesty, i do think many guys are intimidated by horny, sexually forward girls mainly b/c they are insecure that they can last long enough to satisfy them and think they will chew them up, spit em out and leave them. girls arent supposed to enjoy sex that much
 
scootad. said:
the op of this thread should meet up with the op of the s*xual frustration thread. what a bangin' time! 😉

Ha ha. LOL:laugh:

scootad. said:
in all honesty, i do think many guys are intimidated by horny, sexually forward girls mainly b/c they are insecure that they can last long enough to satisfy them and think they will chew them up, spit em out and leave them. girls arent supposed to enjoy sex that much
No way, that's crazy talk. Horny women are the only kind worth the time. 😉Who wants to go swimming with a cold fish?? 😱
 
phoenixsupra said:
Ha ha. LOL:laugh:


No way, that's crazy talk. Horny women are the only kind worth the time. 😉Who wants to go swimming with a cold fish?? 😱

Agreed :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
 
As a guy who is a sophomore and premed this thread is an inspiration for me to get into med school. 🙂 It proves that it is OKAY to sacrfice drunk saturday nights for the good times in med school 🙂
 
scootad. said:
in all honesty, i do think many guys are intimidated by horny, sexually forward girls mainly b/c they are insecure that they can last long enough to satisfy them and think they will chew them up, spit em out and leave them. girls arent supposed to enjoy sex that much

If this is true, it's sweet... better odds for me, send those girls my way 😛
 
swifteagle43 said:
As a guy who is a sophomore and premed this thread is an inspiration for me to get into med school. 🙂 It proves that it is OKAY to sacrfice drunk saturday nights for the good times in med school 🙂



😱 😱 😱 😱 😱

No! You're missing the point here, the dating scene is med school is lame for the most part. Enjoy every minute of undergrad you can. And NEVER sacrifice drunk saturday nights for med school because you think good times will be easier to come by in the future.
 
Are there any hot girls in med school, or do I have to wait and find hot nurses?
 
ddmoore54 said:
😱 😱 😱 😱 😱

No! You're missing the point here, the dating scene is med school is lame for the most part. Enjoy every minute of undergrad you can. And NEVER sacrifice drunk saturday nights for med school because you think good times will be easier to come by in the future.


ditto. ditto. party it up, enjoy your saturday nights during your carefree undergrad days. we definitely still get drunk on saturday nights in med school, but they're usually followed by a hung-over study-filled Sunday morning. blech!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ethanolabsolute said:
Ok, I got some questions. I am still premed, and I have never had a girlfriend, so I don't know too much stuff about what girls want, etcs. Anyways, people tell me that girls look for successful guys. I see lots of hot girls with successful guys, but it seems like girls talk more about abs and buff bodies than success. How does this work? Maybe girls in med school don't care if guys are successful because they will be able to bring home the bacon themselves? Maybe girls only care about successful guys if they are looking for a long term relationship? Im confused.
This is completely irrevelant, but, Richie Truxillo, I recognize that name. Are u the guy who sang everquest songs? Me and my brother used to listen to those all the time when were addicted to EQ back in the day...Oh man, that would be so sweet if u r that guy. Those songs were hilarious. My favorite one was "Theres a Train to the zone".

Money + Power = all the sex you can handle. You could be as ugly as a box of rocks, but if you have money and/or power, the women will be all over you. Case in point: Bill Clinton. Chicks dig him even though he's as ugly as a mud fence.
 
ddmoore54 said:
😱 😱 😱 😱 😱

No! You're missing the point here, the dating scene is med school is lame for the most part. Enjoy every minute of undergrad you can. And NEVER sacrifice drunk saturday nights for med school because you think good times will be easier to come by in the future.

I totally agree with you on this one dd. If it wasn't for all the drunken craziness I did in undergrad, I'd have nothing to console me over the boring dork I've become in med school... All I have to do when I'm really down in the dumps is think about all the stupid stuff I used to do after 5-6 shots of vodka. MMM.... lemon drops! 😉
 
Bill Clinton has a PRESENCE though...I'm a dude and I like chicks and all, but he's a handsome guy in his own right. VH1 has this thing where they did a "scientific study" of handsome men, and found that their faces were abnormally symmetrical. Bill Clinton has an extremely symmetrical face.

I hear he's hung too.
 
swifteagle43 said:
As a guy who is a sophomore and premed this thread is an inspiration for me to get into med school. 🙂 It proves that it is OKAY to sacrfice drunk saturday nights for the good times in med school 🙂


aahh ... good times...



anywhoo, as for Bill Clinton, well just c'mon over here you big bad boy ... 😉

He has got such a thing going on, I sure wouldn't say no to him. Funny, smart, former leader of the free world, a big handsome guy and that down home drawl.

👍
 
Paws said:
aahh ... good times...



anywhoo, as for Bill Clinton, well just c'mon over here you big bad boy ... 😉

He has got such a thing going on, I sure wouldn't say no to him. Funny, smart, former leader of the free world, a big handsome guy and that down home drawl.

👍


It's shameful to say but I couldn't agree more. Think what you want of Monica, but I can't say I'd have been able to resist either.
 
prophecy2 said:
Don't even need money...just act like you have some!


Word! u've got the hustler's mentality...every chance is a chance to strike it big time (with chics that is). :laugh:
 
shivalrous said:
Word! u've got the hustler's mentality...every chance is a chance to strike it big time (with chics that is). :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: Amen to that. That WAS my mentality with women when I was single. It still IS my mentality with everything else. That's why I miss NYC so much. Damn, that's a hustlers's town. Anyway, the right girl can walk into your life at any time. Makes sense to present youself as well as possible. 😉
 
Regardless of how horny I am, I would steer clear of my classmates because if something goes wrong I still have to work with them for a looong time. But that's not to say one can't fantasise... 🙄
 
Bill Clinton has a PRESENCE though...I'm a dude and I like chicks and all, but he's a handsome guy in his own right. VH1 has this thing where they did a "scientific study" of handsome men, and found that their faces were abnormally symmetrical. Bill Clinton has an extremely symmetrical face.

I hear he's hung too.

I think more importantly (1) he has a rap, and (2) he doesn't limit his interest to the model types. The fact that he can schmooze women and that he's game for folks with not perfect looks makes him very successful.
 
I think more importantly (1) he has a rap, and (2) he doesn't limit his interest to the model types. The fact that he can schmooze women and that he's game for folks with not perfect looks makes him very successful.

The fact that he's one of the most popular and successful presidents in recent US history doesnt hurt either.
 
Regardless of how horny I am, I would steer clear of my classmates because if something goes wrong I still have to work with them for a looong time. But that's not to say one can't fantasise... 🙄

If both parties are mature about it long term issues can be avoided
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
this is, BY FAR, the funniest thread I have ever seen. Good Revival.

agreed haha

I too wonder at times how the dating/hook-up scene is at med school amongst students. Given I'm still a pre-med near the end of my UG, I can pretty much tell who is and isn't going to make it through the rigorous application process, and the girls that have the "shoo-in stats" seem to be pretty prudent and completely tunnel-visioned toward academics. Can't imagine any of them turning into unattached sex machines :idea:
 
agreed hahaI too wonder at times how the dating/hook-up scene is at med school amongst students. Given I'm still a pre-med near the end of my UG, I can pretty much tell who is and isn't going to make it through the rigorous application process

Nope.

and the girls that have the "shoo-in stats" seem to be pretty prudent and completely tunnel-visioned toward academics. Can't imagine any of them turning into unattached sex machines.

Double Aww-Helllll-Nope.
 
cmon guys- if all of you are all horny/desperate theres a really easy solution. Take one night to go to an undergrad campus area and find yourself an aspiring pre-med. Tell them they have the rare opportunity to shadow a medical student and see how medical school is in reality- oh and as an added bonus you'll teach them some "anatomy" :laugh:
 
👍👍:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

cmon guys- if all of you are all horny/desperate theres a really easy solution. Take one night to go to an undergrad campus area and find yourself an aspiring pre-med. Tell them they have the rare opportunity to shadow a medical student and see how medical school is in reality- oh and as an added bonus you'll teach them some "anatomy" :laugh:
 
agreed haha

I too wonder at times how the dating/hook-up scene is at med school amongst students. Given I'm still a pre-med near the end of my UG, I can pretty much tell who is and isn't going to make it through the rigorous application process, and the girls that have the "shoo-in stats" seem to be pretty prudent and completely tunnel-visioned toward academics. Can't imagine any of them turning into unattached sex machines :idea:


If you see an attractive, outgoing and fun female who is smart enough to get into medical school and not bat-**** crazy, she is either married or gay.
 
I can pretty much tell who is and isn't going to make it through the rigorous application process


I might not be 100% accurate since in the end it really is a toss-up, but I can pretty much rule out the ones who have sub 3.0 GPA's, failed Orgo/Physics/etc, have yet to take the MCAT, party every weekend, no EC's whatsoever, yadda yadda yadda...Believe it or not there are a number of girls [and guys] like that who still declare themselves as "Pre-Med" during their junior/senior year. Unless they take a total 180, partake in a successful post-bacc, make the MCAT their "female dog", land a research position, volunteer/shadow/etc., chances are they're not going to make into med school, unless the adcom are on bathsalts.

That being said, the girls who have respectable GPA's, have taken the MCAT, volunteered/shadowed/researched/etc., generally aren't your "sleep-around" kinda girl...At least at my school 🙁
 
Forget med school girls, just go to clubs every Saturday night and rawdog some randoms. I know that med school students are incredibly busy, but don't tell me you can't spare a few hours a week. Especially since you don't have a family like some of your fellow students.
 
Forget med school girls, just go to clubs every Saturday night and rawdog some randoms. I know that med school students are incredibly busy, but don't tell me you can't spare a few hours a week. Especially since you don't have a family like some of your fellow students.

Groce
 
This thread is so true... Just dont sleep with ppl in your school, everybody will talk about it, at least im always hearing stories about others
 
Is it just me or am I the only female in my class that is oh so super horny since becoming a med student? Any ideas? Guys, I would definitely love your input on this matter! Thanks. 😉

best_animated_images_car_jump_in.gif
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Is it just me or am I the only female in my class that is oh so super horny since becoming a med student? Any ideas? Guys, I would definitely love your input on this matter! Thanks. 😉

No, there was another chick few years back. She banged half the guys in her class, had a kid, dropped out, and now she's working the pole in Vegas.
 
sex in med school is overrated, and that's coming from a guy. the amount you guys seem to talk about it on here is ridiculous. there are so many other interesting things to pursue in these 4 short years IMO, and that is one small part of the big picture. yea, I'm getting it every other day or so without a girlfriend, but still, there's more to life than you guys make it seem. Or perhaps it's analogous to oxygen; it's not that important until you're not getting any..

👍

Also

yea, I'm getting it every other day or so without a girlfriend,

Not so subtle brag there, mr. stimpack. (Giggity)
 
Why because women aren't allowed to be horny? 🙄

Please, most real women love sex just as much as men, we are just pickier about who we have it with.

this is true, my standards definitely dropped since my first time....
 
sex in med school is overrated, and that's coming from a guy. the amount you guys seem to talk about it on here is ridiculous. there are so many other interesting things to pursue in these 4 short years IMO, and that is one small part of the big picture. yea, I'm getting it every other day or so without a girlfriend, but still, there's more to life than you guys make it seem. Or perhaps it's analogous to oxygen; it's not that important until you're not getting any..

It's true...definitely gets more important during those dry stretches.
 
New to this forum. Mostly read for sh*ts, giggles, and insight. But had to join after reading the different post. Just wanted to fit in too