question about university of michigan admissions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjm5793

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...here's my situation. I applied to the University of Michigan in September along with four other schools. All of the other schools contacted me or updated my AADSAS status to notify me that they received my application at the very least, but I have never been contacted by U of Michigan. The first time I called their admissions office in November, they told me 200 applications were to be reviewed before mine. The second time I called, they said 400, and today I called and they told me there are 600 apps to be reviewed ahead of mine. There are only 2 interview dates left, and the lady in the admissions office told me that my app would not be reviewed in time for the interview dates. I kind of feel like I should get my application fee back. Like, isn't an application fee supposed to be for the processing and review of my application? And if my app won't even be considered for an interview, am I entitled to my money back? I mean, it's only $50, but I feel like I may as well have flushed it down the toilet along with the AADSAS fee I paid to have it sent. Has anyone in a similar situation tried to get their money back before? Am I just being ridiculous? I'd appreciate some advice...thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.