This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Corgi_2020

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm a pre-dental student here at CSULB and I plan on applying to USC's Ostrow School of Dentistry in the near future. One of the required prerequisites is 1 year of General Biology but my school offers only 1 semester of General Biology. I contacted their admissions office and they advised that I should take 1 year of General Biology at another college. That was bust so I did some digging and found a pre-dental course guide from my school. Instead of General Biology, the course guide advises pre-dental students to enroll in a 3 semester biology introductory course sequence. These courses cover General Biology curriculum as well as other concepts. USC specifically lists 1 year of General Biology as one of the prerequisites, but can I still be accepted if I took the 3 semester course to fulfill the prerequisite? I contacted them awhile ago but they haven't replied yet and its keeping me up at night. Thank You.

Members don't see this ad.