Question about when to submit transcript for AMCAS and TMDSAS (and how to resubmit)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AceBR

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello.

I am currently working on my applications and I'm wondering when I should send in my transcripts since my final grades for this semester won't be posted up until May 18th-June 1st. I plan on submitting my application on June 1st and I've already taken all of the pre-reqs (this semester is for me to finish my degree). Below are the more detailed questions:

1) For AMCAS, I know I can send the transcripts before submitting my application. When am I allowed to send in my TMDSAS application? Can I also send them in before submitting the application?

2) For AMCAS and TMDSAS, what are your thoughts about sending the transcripts in early to get verified by schools I don't care for? (And how does this work? In other words, how do I send the transcripts in early for one medical school and not the rest?)

3) How do you update the grades for each semester? For example, if I were to send in my transcripts today before my new grades are up, how do I update my Spring 2018 transcripts/grades? (And likewise for the next Summer, Fall, and Spring?)

Members don't see this ad.

TMDSAS Announcement:

5/1/2018
HAVE SPRING GRADES?: Do NOT submit your application until your Spring 2018 grades are included in your application, if applicable. Applications will NOT be processed if you Spring 2018 grades are missing.

Reactions: 1 user
@gonnif

If I am not mistaken (and please correct me if I am wrong as I am planning on doing this), you can submit the AMCAS WITHOUT the transcripts being sent in/received by the AMCAS. Obviously you have to know your final coursework grades in order to submit the primary so that it would match your transcript but I am assuming that you can still submit and then send the transcript to AMCAS when its ready?

I know that AMCAS doesn't add you to the verification queue until they receive all of your transcripts AND your primary. But I am just confirming about submitting the primary.

Reactions: 1 users
Hello.

I am currently working on my applications and I'm wondering when I should send in my transcripts since my final grades for this semester won't be posted up until May 18th-June 1st. I plan on submitting my application on June 1st and I've already taken all of the pre-reqs (this semester is for me to finish my degree). Below are the more detailed questions:

1) For AMCAS, I know I can send the transcripts before submitting my application. When am I allowed to send in my TMDSAS application? Can I also send them in before submitting the application?

2) For AMCAS and TMDSAS, what are your thoughts about sending the transcripts in early to get verified by schools I don't care for? (And how does this work? In other words, how do I send the transcripts in early for one medical school and not the rest?)

3) How do you update the grades for each semester? For example, if I were to send in my transcripts today before my new grades are up, how do I update my Spring 2018 transcripts/grades? (And likewise for the next Summer, Fall, and Spring?)
You can submit both AMCAS and TMDSAS before your transcripts get released, but ONLY if you know for certain what your grades are. Say it is may 10th and all of your profs have your grades posted for you to see on blackboard or whatever system you use, but your transcript does not come out until the 20th. You can enter your grades into the application and submit it. The transcripts fall under the supporting documents category. Source: I called TMDSAS and this is what they told me.