This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PathforwardtoDPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I tried searching, but couldn't find these specific questions:

I have a LOR lined up from a therapist, but he only just recently graduated like 3 years ago. Would this affect the LOR in a objectively negative way regardless of how great he writes the LOR? More specifically, do schools take into account how established/experienced a PT is when looking at who is writing the LORs?

What kind of questions are asked to the therapists by PTCAS? My understanding is that it asks a few specific questions on the character of the applicant as well as the actual main recommendation? What kind of prompts are they? I have a past employer asking what to emphasize on when writing the LOR and I told him I'd do some research and get back to him on it.

Any information will help! Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I tried searching, but couldn't find these specific questions:

I have a LOR lined up from a therapist, but he only just recently graduated like 3 years ago. Would this affect the LOR in a objectively negative way regardless of how great he writes the LOR? More specifically, do schools take into account how established/experienced a PT is when looking at who is writing the LORs?

What kind of questions are asked to the therapists by PTCAS? My understanding is that it asks a few specific questions on the character of the applicant as well as the actual main recommendation? What kind of prompts are they? I have a past employer asking what to emphasize on when writing the LOR and I told him I'd do some research and get back to him on it.

Any information will help! Thanks!

1) No
2) No one knows unless their recommender showed them the form, and that isn't to say it doesn't change.

Reactions: 1 user
1. No. They are looking at input from a current DPT on whether you can make a good DPT. My LOR came from a girl who was basically my age and graduated 2 years ago.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Have you read the PTCAS instruction manual? All the questions that reference writers are asked are listed.

Have you read the PTCAS instruction manual? All the questions that reference writers are asked are listed.

Wow I didn't even know there was one! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!