This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I Just wanna be a PT

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have a few interviews coming up. I have heard that DPT programs love when you ask questions, but I am not sure what to ask considering I have researched everything I could find about the school and asked the admissions office all of the other questions I had. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Can't go wrong with "There are 2 ducks in front of 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks behind 2 other ducks. There are 2 ducks beside 2 other ducks. How many ducks are there?" Always works for me.

Aside from that, I usually ask how they'd like to see the program improve upon itself.

Reactions: 3 users
Some recommendations:

- What feedback do you usually get about your students from their clinical affiliation sites?
- How interactive are the lectures?
- Does the program seek out and respond to student feedback about classes and other aspects of the curriculum?
- Do you feel that the program prepares students to be comfortable presenting research / evidence-based practice to a crowd? (important for journal clubs in clinic)

In general I'd recommend asking honest questions as they occur to you. Your interest will show and it won't seem rehearsed. For example, if you're heavily interested in manual therapy, ask about it! Two of my classmates started an AAOMPT Student Interest Group and they're presenting at a conference this weekend. Faculty will appreciate getting an idea of what you'll bring to the class if they invite you to attend.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Here are some questions I asked during my interview (I was accepted)
1. What advice do you have for incoming students?
2. How are the clinical sites determined? Are there opportunities for out of state? Can we seek out clinical sites if they are not in network?
3. Are there any research opportunities available?

Reactions: 1 users
Here are some questions I asked during my interview (I was accepted)
1. What advice do you have for incoming students?
2. How are the clinical sites determined? Are there opportunities for out of state? Can we seek out clinical sites if they are not in network?
3. Are there any research opportunities available?
I asked two out your three lol I also asked what do student find the most difficult about the program?