Quick OBC question (Army)

Started by idq1i
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

idq1i

Full Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Can someone who has gone through OBC in the past 1-2 years confirm whether or not we need those class B's while at Ft. Sam? Over the past month, I have heard 15 different answers from 10 different people (including 3 versions on the OBC site).

If we don't need them, what do we wear at graduation in July?
 
I am pretty sure that we need class B's. We don't need class A's, though. In other words, we don't need to buy the coat.

So in all, we need IPFU's, BDU's and B's. And that "B" it. 😀

I will be showing up at OBC on Sunday with no uniforms. I never had a chance to get them, and I'm not sure I would know what to get anyway.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
No, you do not. Don't waste your money. You won't wear them until you either do a rotation somewhere or start residency, depending on the hospital. You wear BDU's to graduation, which is about a one hour ceremony and definitely worth saving plane ticket money on if you were gonna fly someone out to see it. Go somewhere cool instead, because you will leave about a week before your proverbial "45 days" are up.

And buy the most comfortable ripple sole boots you can find. You spend your entire day for 80% of the time you are there sitting in a classroom.

Oh, and take your Xbox. You get a sweet room to stay in.
 
kedhegard said:
No, you do not. Don't waste your money. You won't wear them until you either do a rotation somewhere or start residency, depending on the hospital.

And buy the most comfortable ripple sole boots you can find. You spend your entire day for 80% of the time you are there sitting in a classroom.

Oh, and take your Xbox. You get a sweet room to stay in.

Sweet! Thanks! How do you go to graduation, then? BDUs?

BTW, is it safe to bring a laptop? Any thefts reported on base?
 
I edited my last post. Damn you are fast. Take your laptop, man! No thefts. The cleaning staff is great, and you will love having internet (dialup) for free in your room.
 
kedhegard said:
I edited my last post. Damn you are fast. Take your laptop, man! No thefts. The cleaning staff is great, and you will love having internet (dialup) for free in your room.

My SDN posting speed is directly proportional to the complexity of the next day's exam :laugh: (neuro miniboard)

Dammit!! I want my T3 ethernet!! Dialup????


Well, OK, I'll take the 46,000 in tuition instead. Fine!
 
Yeah it sucks, but hey. 99 percent of the other guys will be watching crappy cable with half spanish-speaking channels all night while you continue to post on SDN. You have to let me know how it's going while you are there. Beware of the West Point kids, they are trouble!

Go to a place call Far West (I believe) while you are there. It's a country bar where you can ride a mechanical bull. You will definitely pick up a hot chick, if that is your thing. Take it easy man.