• Advice You're Thankful for Contest

Now that it's getting close to Thanksgiving, we're running a contest to hear advice you've received that you're most thankful for! This can be any type of advice and the advice with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Quinnipiac MHS in Medical Laboratory Sciences

MedOwl78

May 17, 2016
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi Everyone!

I have just been accepted to Quinnipiac's MHS in Medical Laboratory Sciences/Biomedical Sciences.

Though advertised as a springboard to pursue PhDs and Medical Schools, does anyone have any experiences with this program (specifically in the case of matriculating to medical school)? Has anyone even heard of it before?? Has anyone else applied to this/been accepted?

I've been having some serious reservations about this program just because of the lack of information available about it, and am wondering whether it's worth the price tag (and if it will really help me enrich my education/qualifications, and ultimately, my applications to med school). Any and all feedback would be very much appreciated!

03Yuk0n

5+ Year Member
    Jun 26, 2012
    Long Island, New York
    1. Psychology Student
      Hey MedOwl78,

I have not heard anything about this school thus far, but I would like to thank you for bringing it to my attention. It seems like a solid program however, it doesn't seem to say anything about any potential linkage with their medical school. This may be a con for this program as with spending all the money that you would need to for the program, they don't seem to even give you the chance of proving yourself throughout this masters program.

Please let me know if you come across any other information regarding this program.

Thanks!

mats7

Sep 16, 2014
        Please don't do this if you want to get into medical school. MLS is for people who want to become lab technicians. Not clinical at all. There are probably many other programs that are cheaper and will get you to where you want to go.

About the Ads

TheDBird90

2+ Year Member
        Jan 3, 2016
        1. Other Health Professions Student
          Please don't do this if you want to get into medical school. MLS is for people who want to become lab technicians. Not clinical at all. There are probably many other programs that are cheaper and will get you to where you want to go.

Why not? That's what Clinicallabguy did and he's in medical school now.

mats7

Sep 16, 2014
            It won't help you become a better medical student or a better doctor. It won't prove you can hack the first two years of medical school. Just because someone did a program and got into medical school doesn't mean that program is the best choice.

Reactions: 1 user
            About the Ads
            This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.