Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi, I have a question about the release statement what that means in personal information. Should I choose it if I am not applying right now?
Also, under Biographic information. Birth information. Do I choose the country I live in now or the country I was born in.
Are u international?

Members don't see this ad.

I already e-submitted and I realized i forgot to list all the dental schools I have applied to recently!! I cannot change it! AHH is this really bad?

I already e-submitted and I realized i forgot to list all the dental schools I have applied to recently!! I cannot change it! AHH is this really bad?

Did they ask for this on the main application or the school-specific?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I have a quick question.

1. I downloaded the transcript forms.
Now what? Should I go to my schools they are two, and request them to send my official transcript to the ada and give them this form to attach it with , will I need to write down my dentpin on these forms or leave it untouched?

1. Pass of fail classes with 1 credit, should I write them down and put P for pass?

Last edited:
I can't find the transcript request form. Does anyone have a link?
It should appear in blue in college attended section
after you tell them about the school you attended and save the info
on the main page now you will see
MY ATTENDED COLLEGES
name of your school
under it in blue

Download transcripts request form

I just wanted to confirm that our transcript/gpa will not be verified unless you submit and pay for your application?

I just wanted to confirm that our transcript/gpa will not be verified unless you submit and pay for your application?
yeah you have to pay the 200 ish fee first. i had to submit to one school first before they would verify mine!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey guys, so I e-submitted my app today, and I checked on one of the pdf versions of my app to a school. My DAT score hasn't uploaded yet?? I thought this would be automatic since I took it back in February and have given AADSAS my dentpin and birthday a few weeks back. Is the AADSAS supposed to be e-submitted first before they can uploaded your DAT score? For some reason, I thought it didn't have to be submitted first before they upload the score..

Hey guys, so I e-submitted my app today, and I checked on one of the pdf versions of my app to a school. My DAT score hasn't uploaded yet?? I thought this would be automatic since I took it back in February and have given AADSAS my dentpin and birthday a few weeks back. Is the AADSAS supposed to be e-submitted first before they can uploaded your DAT score? For some reason, I thought it didn't have to be submitted first before they upload the score..

Have you tried calling AADSAS and asking them to link your DAT scores to your application for you? I did and it shows up when I check the downloaded PDFs for schools. They do it really quick for you

My transcripts were received a couple weeks ago, however they have yet to be verified. Do I need to submit in order for them to be verified..? I'm worried that it's taking so long and I plan on submitting this week

I did psych research for credit and received a letter grade. I asked that teacher for a letter of rec and the class is listed under AADSAS as Brain and Behavior. Does that count as a science letter?

I'd say behavioral science is still science

My transcripts were received a couple weeks ago, however they have yet to be verified. Do I need to submit in order for them to be verified..? I'm worried that it's taking so long and I plan on submitting this week
You need to submit before you're verified

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you tried calling AADSAS and asking them to link your DAT scores to your application for you? I did and it shows up when I check the downloaded PDFs for schools. They do it really quick for you

Just did and they uploaded it! Thanks so much!

Can someone help me understand why I have different GPAs for "with +/-" and "without +/-" if my school uses an A, AB, B, BC... system?

Can someone help me understand why I have different GPAs for "with +/-" and "without +/-" if my school uses an A, AB, B, BC... system?
AB is probably considered an A-. Bascially A is 4.0 and AB/A- is 3.7 and so on. Your school uses combination of letters instead of +/-.
If you have more AB's it helps you without +/- cause they're all considered A's

My advisor submitted the committee letter but was not able to send one of the additional letter that was supposed to be included in the committee letter. Would AADSAS accept extra letters that I can mail to them directly? Or is there any other way I could handle this situation?

My advisor submitted the committee letter but was not able to send one of the additional letter that was supposed to be included in the committee letter. Would AADSAS accept extra letters that I can mail to them directly? Or is there any other way I could handle this situation?
Your best bet is to just call them.

A committee letter should only take up three out of four spots for evaluations on AADSAS. You can still request an additional letter through AADSAS and have that letter uploaded.

Just to confirm, so we can add one school initially, submit the application, pay the required fees, and then add schools one by one later as we complete their respective program materials, correct? Also, the fees will be the same whether we add all the schools at once or add one by one later, right? I understand that I won't be able to make edits to the AADSAS application once submitted (except for personal information, references, etc.).

Just to confirm, so we can add one school initially, submit the application, pay the required fees, and then add schools one by one later as we complete their respective program materials, correct? Also, the fees will be the same whether we add all the schools at once or add one by one later, right? I understand that I won't be able to make edits to the AADSAS application once submitted (except for personal information, references, etc.).
yes, you can apply to one school at a time and that will cost the same. Only the first school will cost 200ish, the rest will cost 99 each

For the evaluation section that can not be updated after submission. Does this mean if I get the chance to have another person write me an LOR I can't submit it to the school?

this is probably been answered in this thread already. But where can i see my AADSAS calculated GPA?

For the evaluation section that can not be updated after submission. Does this mean if I get the chance to have another person write me an LOR I can't submit it to the school?

You still can add more references to your application directly if you haven't used up all 4 reference "slots".

this is probably been answered in this thread already. But where can i see my AADSAS calculated GPA?
you can see it after you pay the fee and it takes awhile for the GPA to be verified.
You can see the calculated GPA in the check status part and download the application PDF file, it should be there when it is verfied

Does AADSAS accept Visa as a credit card payment? Too scared to hit "submit" right now to check payment methods because I still have a few edits to make lol

My thesis was published online prior to my graduation from my master's program. Should I list it on the application? If so, does it fall under the achievement, or experiences section?

For those applying to FAP, how did you hear back from them (ex: email, phone call, etc...) and how soon did y'all receive an update on the status of your application? I have sent a few emails to them and have yet to hear back. It's a bit frustrating because my materials arrived on June 8th but still no updates and I'd like to submit my application soon. Is anyone in the same boat?

Any help is appreciated!!

My "check status" button has not been working for two days now. It just keeps the loading circle going spinning and spinning and never actually loads the page. Is this happening to anyone else?

My "check status" button has not been working for two days now. It just keeps the loading circle going spinning and spinning and never actually loads the page. Is this happening to anyone else?
same here. since last Friday. I called them and theysaid it doesn't load on their end either. they said a bunch of people have this problem and that they're trying ot fix it. I might call them before weekend to see what's the status on that. I don't think that influences schools downloading my app. i hope it doesn't haha. should get fixed soon if i had to guess

same here. since last Friday. I called them and theysaid it doesn't load on their end either. they said a bunch of people have this problem and that they're trying ot fix it. I might call them before weekend to see what's the status on that. I don't think that influences schools downloading my app. i hope it doesn't haha. should get fixed soon if i had to guess
If it does, we are all affected the same

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

If I got credit for being an undergraduate teaching assistant, can I not include this in the experiences section? I was hoping to use it to show leadership/mentorship skills, but since it is on my transcript, I am not sure if I am allowed to.

If I got credit for being an undergraduate teaching assistant, can I not include this in the experiences section? I was hoping to use it to show leadership/mentorship skills, but since it is on my transcript, I am not sure if I am allowed to.
I know for some schools you have a section in the supplemental to add additional experiences.

This is probably a dumb question... but is the "update my application" button always present? I had my committee letter uploaded today so I clicked it just to make sure the schools get it but after I exit and return to the application the button is still there. I didn't update anything else so, I am assuming it is just always there. Just want to make sure.

Also, if schools have emailed me back saying that my application is waiting to be reviewed (a few days ago) will they have my letters of recommendation now as well? My letter just got uploaded today.

This is probably a dumb question... but is the "update my application" button always present? I had my committee letter uploaded today so I clicked it just to make sure the schools get it but after I exit and return to the application the button is still there. I didn't update anything else so, I am assuming it is just always there. Just want to make sure.

Also, if schools have emailed me back saying that my application is waiting to be reviewed (a few days ago) will they have my letters of recommendation now as well? My letter just got uploaded today.

As far as I know it is always present and you can always add new experiences etc and click it. Schools are also supposedly notified every time you update!

Anything for credit cannot be. I was in the same boat unfortunately. Talk about it in your PS!

Are we expected to use all 600 characters when describing experiences? I'm having a hard time writing more than a couple sentences when describing my shadowing hours. How much time did you guys spend on these? Maybe I'm just thinking about it too much..

When typing in a "Title" under "Supervisor", should I use Dr. or D.M.D when addressing a dentist I shadowed?

Okay so i was looking at dental school rankings on StartClass. It says Tennessee "admits 432 students each year". This must not be true right?

So my application is near complete just finishing up my personal statement and secondary essays for various schools, but I was wondering what I should do for the "experiences" section of the AADSAS application. I have around 75 hours of shadowing and am accumulating more throughout the summer, however my shadowing hours are spread out over a handful of doctors (GP, ortho, pros, endo) with the most significant amount of time with one doctor being around 25 hours. So for the "dental shadowing" experience I'm not sure how to enter my shadowing hours. I also have volunteered sporadically over the last 5 years at a foundation for children with special needs and plan to continue my involvement during my gap year so i'm not sure how to enter that in regards to start/end dates in the "experiences" section. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck to all other applicants this cycle!

So my application is near complete just finishing up my personal statement and secondary essays for various schools, but I was wondering what I should do for the "experiences" section of the AADSAS application. I have around 75 hours of shadowing and am accumulating more throughout the summer, however my shadowing hours are spread out over a handful of doctors (GP, ortho, pros, endo) with the most significant amount of time with one doctor being around 25 hours. So for the "dental shadowing" experience I'm not sure how to enter my shadowing hours. I also have volunteered sporadically over the last 5 years at a foundation for children with special needs and plan to continue my involvement during my gap year so i'm not sure how to enter that in regards to start/end dates in the "experiences" section. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. Best of luck to all other applicants this cycle!

This is how I formatted mine (I used the contact info section to put whoever I shadowed the most).

Ex. Shadowing
    • Dr. Ima Blandguy, general dentist, blandguyemail.com, 40 hrs, June 2015
    • Dr. Bob Inforapples, endodontist, infoapples.com, 10 hrs, August 2015
    • etc...

I would personally suggest entering each dentist as a separate entry so that you are able to describe what you took away from each experience (which is what the dental schools care about), even if it was just a one time thing. Doing it this way would also let you type in the contact info for each office which I think is pretty important. Just my personal opinion though.

On the personal statement section, I could add a line in between each paragraph and it works fine. But I'm having issues with separating paragraphs for the school specific essays.

For example, when I wrote:
ABC 1.

ABC 2.

ABC 3.

On preview, it shows as ABC 1. ABC 2. ABC 3 as 1 big paragraph. Please help!

My dentist just uploaded his LOR today at 1300 but I submitted my application a few weeks ago. Everything was complete except for his LOR. I just got an email from 2 schools today around 1121 that my application is processed but will be put on hold until the LOR is turned in. Should I email the 2 schools or wait?

Thank you for replying.

My dentist just uploaded his LOR today at 1300 but I submitted my application a few weeks ago. Everything was complete except for his LOR. I just got an email from 2 schools today around 1121 that my application is processed but will be put on hold until the LOR is turned in. Should I email the 2 schools or wait?

Thank you for replying.
just wait. i'm sure AADSAS notifies them your letters came in. im in the same position as you i was waiting for the committee letter and pretty much all schools notified me that my app is incomplete. they haven't gotten back to me yet but i'm sure they will over the next few days

How are you quarter system people inputting your prereqs on the school-specific section when they have it like this? They only give slots of I & II which assumes a semester system as 2 courses comprise a whole year, but for quarter system we obviously took 3 classes that are equivalent, so I'm not sure which category to stick them under?

Tufts, Minnesota, UNLV, and NYU are like this. I contacted them and they didn't know

ade3e9769c9975420f1ab0be10288b89.png

Does anyone know any schools in particular that accept unofficial score reports while you wait for your official DAT scores to be sent? I only know of The University of Florida and The University of Kentucky so far.. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Hey guys!
So I got a ton of A+'s and they only count them as 4.0
I was wondering if anyone else had the same thing happen to them?