Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys!
So I got a ton of A+'s and they only count them as 4.0
I was wondering if anyone else had the same thing happen to them?
Yeah, they changed it this year, both A+ and A count as 4.0 now.
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey guys!
So I got a ton of A+'s and they only count them as 4.0
I was wondering if anyone else had the same thing happen to them?
Sucks for me but I like it overall because I did feel like I was advantaged before. This is a much fairer competition.Yeah, they changed it this year, both A+ and A count as 4.0 now.
did you email/call Temple?Does Temple have a supplemental app/fee? I can't find info about it anywhere.
I haven't. I was just wondering if someone knew before I made contact.did you email/call Temple?
For the first question it doesn't matter too much. Make it as close as possible, meaning closest to the title of the course. For example a math class I took (math 143 I think) was called probability and statistics....I categorized it as statistics. In the end however, the people at AADSAS will make a few changes on the course subject as they see fit (alike the title and department of the class). If everything is copied exactly as it appears on transcript and you do your best in deciding what the class category is, it'll all be good. They might change a few things but probably nothing too much.Hi I have more questions:
If the class called math 2xx and but it's Statistics should I choose the subject as Math or Statistics.
Also, if the class is called phiy 2xx but it was Ethics, should I choose Ethics or Philosophy as a subject?
Last question:
After I transferred to my state school. I returned to my community college for one summer and took another class.
So at that time, I took 3 classes 2 in my state school, and the third at the community college.
In that case, do I enter them together in summer 2015 or should I put summer 2015 for my community college and summer 2015 for my state school?
Thank you so much for your help.
That is very helpful. Thank you for your answer.For the first question it doesn't matter too much. Make it as close as possible, meaning closest to the title of the course. For example a math class I took (math 143 I think) was called probability and statistics....I categorized it as statistics. In the end however, the people at AADSAS will make a few changes on the course subject as they see fit (alike the title and department of the class). If everything is copied exactly as it appears on transcript and you do your best in deciding what the class category is, it'll all be good. They might change a few things but probably nothing too much.
For the second question it depends if the CC credit appears on your main school transcript. In my case I transferred my credits from CC to my main school so some classes were duplicates (appeared on both transcripts). I need that case again, enter them as they appear on the transcripts even if they repeat. The CC courses on the CC transcripts had grades; however, on the main school transcript they'll probably be CR (schools don't count in transfer credits into your GPA). Main conclusion to keep in mind: copy exactly as you see stuff on your transcript. If you didn't transfer the CC credit/courses don't appear on your main school transcript then you don't need to add them both times. The whole is just copying something exactly as you read it
Hope that helps
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be okay.reapplicant this cycle and was reviewing my old application only to realize i must have not put in one of my dental shadowing experiences last summer (applied late) and i want to add it to my application this cycle. is it okay if i add it?
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't be okay.
Has it resolved yet for you? I still cannot load my page.same here. since last Friday. I called them and theysaid it doesn't load on their end either. they said a bunch of people have this problem and that they're trying ot fix it. I might call them before weekend to see what's the status on that. I don't think that influences schools downloading my app. i hope it doesn't haha. should get fixed soon if i had to guess
Yeah it has. It takes a little longer to load than like before and they changed the interface but it works nowHas it resolved yet for you? I still cannot load my page.
I think everything is online so the schools Have access to it anytime. You just gotta get the LORs in. It took me another 10vdays to get my LORs in. And pretty all my schools wrote me an email saying they have my app but it's incompleteIs my submitted application not forwarded to the schools until all of my LORs are completed?
Preferably not really. You can pick 1-2 maybe talk about them but the main point of the PS is for the admissions to get to know you better. Don't list activities all over again, don't talk about what grades you got. Explain why you want to be a dentist but more importantly paint a picture of who you areSorry if this has been answered, but can you put the same experiences as you did in your personal statement?
awesome thanks. also, can we do point form to talk about ECs? or do they need to be paragraph form (sorry, first time fully applying this year)Preferably not really. You can pick 1-2 maybe talk about them but the main point of the PS is for the admissions to get to know you better. Don't list activities all over again, don't talk about what grades you got. Explain why you want to be a dentist but more importantly paint a picture of who you are
in the PS? everything in the PS is very formal! keep those MLA rules! preferrably no abbreviations ("don't", "can't" etc.) and no informal writing. keep it very professional. and include why you want to be a dentist and write about YOU. don't relist activities that you already have in the experience section. I picked one experience that shaped me and really kinda motivated me to be a dentist and based my intro on that. but for the most part i talk about myself.awesome thanks. also, can we do point form to talk about ECs? or do they need to be paragraph form (sorry, first time fully applying this year)
TO add on, you can talk about your experiences (which I did) but instead of writing the "what" we did like we do for the EC section of the app, I talked about "why" I did it and gave my own personal insight of what I gained from that (p.s. this does not mean you write about the techniques you learned, rather talk about how you grew as a person or how it shaped your beliefs)in the PS? everything in the PS is very formal! keep those MLA rules! preferrably no abbreviations ("don't", "can't" etc.) and no informal writing. keep it very professional. and include why you want to be a dentist and write about YOU. don't relist activities that you already have in the experience section. I picked one experience that shaped me and really kinda motivated me to be a dentist and based my intro on that. but for the most part i talk about myself.
the adcoms will not analyze your PS so you want to appear formal but also persuasive while at the same time the adcoms can get a picture of who you are. (listing activities doesn't really tell them about you! include that in experiences and don't just reiterate something in your application)
if a school doesn't have a secondary or you only complete 1 secondary of a school you can submit to that specific school and ur GPA will begin to be verified. you can submit anytime after to a school. i'd recommend submitting to one school as soon as possibleDo I have to complete the secondaries specific for the schools that are on aadsas before submitting the aadsas primary application?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
if a school doesn't have a secondary or you only complete 1 secondary of a school you can submit to that specific school and ur GPA will begin to be verified. you can submit anytime after to a school. i'd recommend submitting to one school as soon as possible
any word on secondaries from Ohio State, BU, rutgers, and Temple?
Also, for whatever reason, BU sent another email the day after I paid their secondary fee. It was basically a repeat saying my application was received and to wait until they contact me to pay the fee again. I think this was a mistake though. Would appreciate if anyone else could chime in on thisPosted the same question on Monday haha. I got an email from Ohio this morning saying my app is complete and to look out for another email in 5 days for the supplemental. BU also sent me an email to "take the next step.." and pay the fee (no supplemental questions). Waiting to hear back from Rutgers and Temple.
in the PS? everything in the PS is very formal! keep those MLA rules! preferrably no abbreviations ("don't", "can't" etc.) and no informal writing. keep it very professional. and include why you want to be a dentist and write about YOU. don't relist activities that you already have in the experience section. I picked one experience that shaped me and really kinda motivated me to be a dentist and based my intro on that. but for the most part i talk about myself.
the adcoms will not analyze your PS so you want to appear formal but also persuasive while at the same time the adcoms can get a picture of who you are. (listing activities doesn't really tell them about you! include that in experiences and don't just reiterate something in your application)
ohh on the experience section? I think you have the option to choose. I did bullet points (more like a resume) because it's more concise and easy to ready; also used digits for numbers (not letters) because it makes it easier to notice things. you can do whichever you feel comfortable withnono i'm talking about extracurricular activites list on the ADEA application website. I've already written my personal statement. can i have bullet points like if it were a resume? or do we have to make an elaborate paragraph
yes! i know it feels like you gotta get a bunch/all schools ready to submit but I'd strongly recommend submitting to one school in order to start your verification process. there'll be nothing to stop you from applying individually to other schoolsSo basically do one secondary that's really easy, submit for verification, and then add more schools?
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
awesome, super thanks for your quick repliesohh on the experience section? I think you have the option to choose. I did bullet points (more like a resume) because it's more concise and easy to ready; also used digits for numbers (not letters) because it makes it easier to notice things. you can do whichever you feel comfortable with
***Official BU Henry M. Goldman School of Dental Medicine C/O 2022 Interview/Acceptance Thread***I only received the first email (on June 16) from BU saying "thanks for the application" but haven't received on asking me to pay the supplemental yet... should i reach out or keep waiting?
Well, it's that time again- AADSAS opens tomorrow, and the inevitable flood of questions will soon follow. Instead of spamming the board, I thought it would be nice to carry on the tradition of a centralized thread for random questions you may have. I will do my best to answer questions, but I'm sure many other rising D1s and current students can fill in the gaps! Good luck to all applicants, these next 6 months will be a journey!
take the time to double check. nothing happens over weekendI just finished filling out my AADSAS application. Will there be a difference whether I submit it right now or sunday night, since I'm assuming they don't work on weekends? I just would want a couple of days to really triple check everything if it doesn't make much of a difference batch wise.
does UAB (alabama dental) not have a secondary this year? it seems from their that the main AADSAS is everything they require.
can anyone confirm?
Thx a Lot!!!!On the UAB 2022 interview/acceptance thread a couple people have said they got supplementals. And there's a couple pages on their website that reference a supplemental:
UAB - Additional Information - School of Dentistry
UAB - Application Procedures - School of Dentistry
Our mission is to provide students with free, unbiased information, resources, and advising for careers in the health professions. We believe every student deserves access to trustworthy guidance, regardless of background or ability to pay.