Random AADSAS Questions: 2017-2018 Edition

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone,

WesternU asked that I upload course syllabuses for Pre-Reqs that aren't found in their school database. I took Bio and Gen. Chem. at a CC but I lost the course syllabus. Could I upload a courses description from my CC's course catalog instead?

Thanks everyone! Please quote me if you have an answer :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

WesternU asked that I upload course syllabuses for Pre-Reqs that aren't found in their school database. I took Bio and Gen. Chem. at a CC but I lost the course syllabus. Could I upload a courses description from my CC's course catalog instead?

Thanks everyone! Please quote me if you have an answer :)
No. They want the syllabus. Email/call/ visit your CC and get it from them

Will AADSAS notify you when your DAT scores have been sent? It is the last thing I am waiting for.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Will AADSAS notify you when your DAT scores have been sent? It is the last thing I am waiting for.
You need to check the ADA site regularly to see when your official scores are posted. Then you can call AADSAS and tell them your official scores are in, and they will post your official scores immediately.

Reactions: 1 users
Thanks so much. I just checked the ada website and it says it has been processed on 7/12 to all these schools. Does that mean I should call AADSAS to post my scores?

You need to check the ADA site regularly to see when your official scores are posted. Then you can call AADSAS and tell them your official scores are in, and they will post your official scores immediately.

Last edited:
Thanks so much. I just checked the ada website and it says it has been processed on 7/12 to all these schools. Does that mean I should call AADSAS to post my scores?
Yeah so AADSAS theoretically should match them to your app, but it was taking a long time for most of us, so if you call and just express that the official scores haven't been posted, they can match them for you if you answer some security questions.

Also, you may want to remove that picture or crop/edit it.... I may be paranoid, but it's probably not wise to have your full name as well as your Dentpin out there

If my grades aren't verified yet, there would be no rush to add schools yet (because schools can't see your application unless verified), right?

I believe so. My grades just got verified today and then UPENN emailed me a few hours later saying everything was received and they needed a check!
If my grades aren't verified yet, there would be no rush to add schools yet (because schools can't see your application unless verified), right?

You have to call them to do there job? I thought it was automatic.

Does anyone know how many courses we should be listing under the school specific "prerequisite courses" section? I wanted to list all the courses that met the subject specific requirements, but some grades are lower/higher than others. Is it to our advantage or disadvantage to report only a few vs. report all?

Just became active on SDN today so this question my have been answered already (sorry in advance).

Does anyone know how many courses we should be listing under the school specific "prerequisite courses" section? I wanted to list all the courses that met the subject specific requirements, but some grades are lower/higher than others. Is it to our advantage or disadvantage to report only a few vs. report all?

Just became active on SDN today so this question my have been answered already (sorry in advance).

They're going to see all of your grades regardless so it's not going to matter which courses you select to satisfy the prerequisites. Personally, I would just list all the courses that directly satisfy "General Biology" for example.

I'm ordering an electronic copy of my transcript to be sent to AADSAS, and it is asking me to provide an email address to which the link to the transcript will be sent. Which email address should I use??

I'm ordering an electronic copy of my transcript to be sent to AADSAS, and it is asking me to provide an email address to which the link to the transcript will be sent. Which email address should I use??

[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
For UNC's supplemental, how long should each response be? I feel like since there's so many questions that each response should be shorter to make it easier for whoever reads it.

Hey Guys,

So I was wondering why my official DAT scores have not been uploaded to my AADSAS app yet. I took the DAT last summer 7/21/2016 and sent my scores to every school which the ADA says was received by all of them on 8/03/2016. However, my official DAT scores have not been uploaded to my AADSAS application yet. Would anyone know why this might be?

Thanks in advance!

Hey Guys,

So I was wondering why my official DAT scores have not been uploaded to my AADSAS app yet. I took the DAT last summer 7/21/2016 and sent my scores to every school which the ADA says was received by all of them on 8/03/2016. However, my official DAT scores have not been uploaded to my AADSAS application yet. Would anyone know why this might be?

Thanks in advance!

You need to call AADSAS and have them link the official score to your app! Have your AADSAS ID and dentpin handy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You need to call AADSAS and have them link the official score to your app! Have your AADSAS ID and dentpin handy.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I did the same and I called ADA and they said they sent it July 12, 2017 to all my schools and AADSAS. Now I just have to wait until AADSAS processes it I guess? The woman on the phone said it was electronically so I'm confused why it has uploaded yet to AADSAS

When you submit the application and the fee comes up. Does that free include all the supplemental fees for all the schools? If not where do we that? Every school has a supp fee.

When you submit the application and the fee comes up. Does that free include all the supplemental fees for all the schools? If not where do we that? Every school has a supp fee.
you find it yourself online. AADSAS doesn't include secondary fee

I did the same and I called ADA and they said they sent it July 12, 2017 to all my schools and AADSAS. Now I just have to wait until AADSAS processes it I guess? The woman on the phone said it was electronically so I'm confused why it has uploaded yet to AADSAS
You need to call AADSAS, not ADA

So you go there and pay them a fee. How would they know it's you?
some want you to put a check/money order and mail it physically, others have a link through which you pay, others will send you an email with a link to pay.
online payments will ask you for your AADSAS ID, while mailing checks youll have to include ur AADSAS ID either on the check itself or (how i did it) put another piece of paper with you info (name, DENTPIN, AADSAS)
I know it's annoying and you gotta do it for each school but just remember everyone has to do it and it's a pain in the ...
Good luck! hope this helped

some want you to put a check/money order and mail it physically, others have a link through which you pay, others will send you an email with a link to pay.
online payments will ask you for your AADSAS ID, while mailing checks youll have to include ur AADSAS ID either on the check itself or (how i did it) put another piece of paper with you info (name, DENTPIN, AADSAS)
I know it's annoying and you gotta do it for each school but just remember everyone has to do it and it's a pain in the ...
Good luck! hope this helped
Once you do that then they review the application?

Once you do that then they review the application?
depends on the school. some dont review till end of august. some (iowa, MWU, UCONN etc.) start reviiewing. Keep in mind I think they review as they get complete apps and the longer you wait the more people will be ahead of you

depends on the school. some dont review till end of august. some (iowa, MWU, UCONN etc.) start reviiewing. Keep in mind I think they review as they get complete apps and the longer you wait the more people will be ahead of you
I mean once you give the supp fee then they review your file. Like what if they got my app but I didn't pay their sup fee, would they not review it?

I mean once you give the supp fee then they review your file. Like what if they got my app but I didn't pay their sup fee, would they not review it?
no. not until you pay the fee
You have to be considered complete before they review your application

Is ADA working? I'm logging in with my dentpin and password and it says user does not exist? I literally have email confirmation of an account there.

This may be a bad post but I want to thank you guys for all your quick responses! I wouldn't know how to do these little things without your help. Good luck in the application cycle!!

Reactions: 2 users
Is ADA working? I'm logging in with my dentpin and password and it says user does not exist? I literally have email confirmation of an account there.
It is working. I would call them. They matched my DAT to my application immediately.

So if I call them by DAT scores will be uploaded quicker to my application? I thought it takes 2-3 weeks.

2-3 weeks from the date when you took the exam. I believe people who are saying it got uploaded immediately took the test much before.

So if I call them by DAT scores will be uploaded quicker to my application? I thought it takes 2-3 weeks.
if you just took your DAT it'll take 3 weeks for your scores to be uploaded. after they are on ADA they can be matched over a phone call with AADSAS

if you just took your DAT it'll take 3 weeks for your scores to be uploaded. after they are on ADA they can be matched over a phone call with AADSAS
Oh. Why aren't they matched over automatically?

not sure. i think tehy actually would be if you put in your DENTPIN and birthdate but it takes a few additional weeks from what i've heard. if you call them theyll jsut do it on the spot

not sure. i think tehy actually would be if you put in your DENTPIN and birthdate but it takes a few additional weeks from what i've heard. if you call them theyll jsut do it on the spot
Cool. Thanks. Currently ADA on my DAT says it's in progress. This is normal?

Cool. Thanks. Currently ADA on my DAT says it's in progress. This is normal?
yeah you gotta wait till it says closed or something like that. then you can call AADSAS and have they match ur scores.
unfortunately it will take no less than 2-3 weeks after you took your DAT for your scores to be on ADA so theres no way around that

yeah you gotta wait till it says closed or something like that. then you can call AADSAS and have they match ur scores.
unfortunately it will take no less than 2-3 weeks after you took your DAT for your scores to be on ADA so theres no way around that
So I can submit my application. Then when the DAT gets squared away I give them a call and they match it so schools get it instantly?

Just curious... Not sure if this has been asked. If you used parchment and had your school send an electronic transcript, how long did it take for AADSAS to update it to received?

For the forms that must be sent with the transcript from the schools, do they have to be the original signed copy or can I use a scanned version? I scanned over the documents to my school but wasnt sure if I could do this or if I needed to mail them.

For the forms that must be sent with the transcript from the schools, do they have to be the original signed copy or can I use a scanned version? I scanned over the documents to my school but wasnt sure if I could do this or if I needed to mail them.

I believe a scan should be fine as long as it is readable. They mainly need the form for your AADSAS ID and the barcode so that they can easily link it with your transcript.

One question: How do I know schools receive my DAT Score? On the AADSAS, the statue is received/ application complete, is that mean the school get my DAT score?

Yeah if u selected even 1 school when u took DAT I think all schools have access to see your official scores. I think you're good