Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

deleted106503

random

werd2.gif

Members don't see this ad.

It was open note/open book. The questions weren't too hard but there were just way too many of them for the amount of time we had. I could have figured them all out perfectly with another hour.

The professor is new - so maybe he just doesn't have a grasp for how long it takes non-physicists to figure this stuff out.

Well, I'd say you could finish the exams very quickly by just knowing how to study for it. There are only a few different types of physics problems. Professors just change stuff around by adding stuff you don't need to know and changing around numbers or adding an extra step.

It's best to do the practice problems (I just looked at the solutions, didn't waste time trying to figure it out). You'll notice that for each exam, there are maybe 20 different types of questions, max. The other practice problems are just repeated with small changes. So just write down each type of problem with the detailed solution and when you see it on the exam, just flip to that and do it again. That's what I did.

After the first exam where I didn't know how to study, I usually was one of the first people done with my exam and still got really high scores.

Oh great - I've been waiting for the little one to wake up from her nap so we can go grocery shopping. I hear her stirring upstairs over the baby monitor now, but the older one (who rarely naps anymore) just fell asleep next to me on the couch.

GOOD NEWS GUYS!! i just got a phone call from robert wood johnson medical school...I'M IN! :)

as with UIUC...the MD/PhD program makes their own decision, but this is still excellent news. :D

Members don't see this ad :)
GOOD NEWS GUYS!! i just got a phone call from robert wood johnson medical school...I'M IN! :)

as with UIUC...the MD/PhD program makes their own decision, but this is still excellent news. :D
CONGRATS!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Members don't see this ad :)
i haven't been in on here in ages, but i am dropping by just to say happy birthday to beary!

hope the day was great :)

watch this
stan's dad is racist

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kId5tG1rmYQ[/YOUTUBE]

Ahhh. I was just worried that no one posted since 2:30 am.

PS- CONGRATS S&M

:love: Get some sleep tonight, beary. :love:

I'm headed out of town to go hiking in Central Texas... :clap: :clap: :D

oooo...take me with you!! pretty please?

j/k- i have to finish up a phd app that is going very slowly. it's my back up and i'm just not feeling it :(

So on one hand, I got rocked on my math physics test (probably around 50% with generous partial credit) but on the other hand its friday and I'm now on spring break and going to see the 300 tonight. :laugh:

So on one hand, I got rocked on my math physics test (probably around 50% with generous partial credit) but on the other hand its friday and I'm now on spring break and going to see the 300 tonight. :laugh:

I hear good things about that movie.

P.S. That guy on the Louisville team traveled. Admit it.

I hear good things about that movie.

P.S. That guy on the Louisville team traveled. Admit it.
I can neither confirm or deny that Edgar Sosa traveled. If anything, it would be a double dribble when it hit off his leg. It wasn't a travel. It was close but no way they make that call with 2 seconds left.

The VA. :(

I am SO tired and hope to get out of here in decent time so I can get some sleep. And I have to clean up before my folks come tomorrow!

Hope your work ended early. Yay weekend! :)

Well, I got up at 5:30 and didn't feel like posting. My apologies. :p You guys celebrate St. Patrick's day??? Thanksgiving and now this?!

Slacker!! ;)

And of course we celebrate St. Patty's day...a great excuse to drink beer! :D

Yay weekend indeed! This is going to be my first entire weekend off in a LONG time. (Like Christmas I think). All that is between me and the weekend is a disgusting foot. I took it out but then had to come over and post. But really I should just do it so I can get out of here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.