Random non-MCAT and only peripherally related to the MCAT thread - Part XVIII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beary

Pancytopenic
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome to part 18 of the random thread! All random thoughts welcome here! :D

Members don't see this ad.

Ha! I was reading NJBMD's blog some time back and she was saying Peds surg was one of her fav. rotations in her surg residency.

At any rate, yeah I agree that kids are soooooooo cute. Well until they get older that is. :smuggrin: :smuggrin:
they're so cute until they hit 4th grade or so. that's when they cease to be cute anymore

crap, sorry to break it to you then sweetie. this week is the final week they are interviewing people, ie today and friday. ****, im sorry. you'll probably get an official letter soon.

whatever, im pissed i never got the chance to meet you down here but happy that you are going to be a doctor regardless. :love:
eh, no biggie. i figured as much. too bad we don't get to meet IRL! :)

maybe somewhere along the line we'll bump into each other.

Members don't see this ad :)
boooooooooooooo....... USMLE step 2 CS costs $1,005 to register for. :eek: :mad:

and thats only half of step 2, the other part (USMLE step 2 CK) costs over $400.

what. a. rip. since its required for our licensing they could charge anything they wanted and we'd have to pay, thats just messed up. im surprised they dont just charge $10k for the damn test, we'd have to pay it.

Shhhhhhh shush you don't want to give 'em any ideas because they may just take your idea and run with it. :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :laugh: :laugh:

Are you kidding me?????? That was the worst nightmare from hell!!!
don't confuse me liking to work with that age with me wanting to go back and repeat that time in my life. NO THANK YOU. :scared:

but it's fun to be able to help guide them through the land mine field that is early adolescence. :D

don't confuse me liking to work with that age with me wanting to go back and repeat that time in my life. NO THANK YOU. :scared:

but it's fun to be able to help guide them through the land mine field that is early adolescence. :D

Ahh ok thanks for clearing that up. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey peeps! Just popping in to say hello. I am up to my eyeballs in school. Hope everyone is doing well. Congrats Tee...hey, it's Yale. One of the docs that shadowed did her residency there (and uGrad). I know that a WL is a WL, but I don't think you are hurting for those schools that are falling all over you. ;) WTG man!

Congrats on making the waitlist at Yale. I'm sure it's super-competitive. We're all crossing our fingers for you :luck:

Ok I didn't study tonight so technically I'm allowing myself to post. Had an appointment with an allergist at Rush Med School/hospital in Chi-town this afternoon.

Day-um, that place is huge.

Got new meds for the hives. I go back in 6 weeks to see how I am.

Maybe I can get a few days without hives and knock back Ch. 4 in my EK books without itching!

Someone ban me from SDN!!! I haven't been posting as much as in the past, but lurking takes a lot of time that I don't have. AGGH.

Someone ban me from SDN!!! I haven't been posting as much as in the past, but lurking takes a lot of time that I don't have. AGGH.
hahaha..i suggest some troll tactics on pre-allo
or start a flame thread or something :smuggrin:

When is it still night and not the first post of the morning?? It's 4:30 here and I can't figure out if it is the middle of the night or really early in the morning.

94 Honda Civic.

:( Sorry BB.

I had one of those! It was a green EX. Unfortunately, about 4 days after I bought it used from the dealer, it blew a piston. I was mad. But the salesman was so apologetic and really took care of me so I got over it. Then, I used it as a trade in on a CR-V 6 months later at another one of their dealerships. LOL.

I think it depends if you had gone to bed or were still up.

Are you having insomnia again? :(
I went to bed but never fell asleep. I picked up a stomach bug somewhere or ate something bad yesterday. :(

I'm sooooo not going to class today. I'm going to send my husband to the professor's office to drop off my homework before class.

I went to bed but never fell asleep. I picked up a stomach bug somewhere or ate something bad yesterday. :(

I'm sooooo not going to class today. I'm going to send my husband to the professor's office to drop off my homework before class.

Ugh. :( I hope you feel better!

My stomach has been really upset lately too but I am attributing it to VA stress.

When is it still night and not the first post of the morning?? It's 4:30 here and I can't figure out if it is the middle of the night or really early in the morning.
i guess it depends on if the sun is up or not. That's what I determine night and day by

It was awesome for us earlier, but a storm front is moving in and temps are supposed to go from 75 to 55 later this afternoon :(

*SIGH*

After much deliberation, I decided to change my MCAT date from 5/11 to 5/31. I just have too much going on. I feel confident in reviewing the material by 5/11, but it will be nice to have those extra days to do more practice problems, which I don't seem to have enough time for.

Woooo.

Status
Not open for further replies.